Sponsored

Adaptive Head Lights - Coming to the US???

ROBB1

Well-known member
First Name
Justin
Joined
Oct 10, 2021
Threads
0
Messages
289
Reaction score
370
Location
NC
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
Thank you very much for this!! That was my issue was I put the 6 in the wrong position. Thanks for figuring all this out it’s a great addition to the truck. You wouldn’t happen to know if I can change pro power to default to off on startup would you? I have the 2kw and if I forget to put my back seat down that fan is loud. Lol.
No worries. Glad that worked.

I have not figured out how to default the 2kw system to off yet, but there is a TSB from Ford to update the module software due to the noisy fan. I haven’t had it done yet, but maybe that will take care of the issue. It drives me crazy as well.

NHTSA ID Number: 10202609

Manufacturer Communication Number: SSM 50167

Summary

Some 2021 F-150 vehicles equipped with a 2.0kW Pro Power Onboard inverter system and built on or before 22-Nov-2021 may experience a loud fan noise emitting from under the rear seat. This may be due to various software parameters in the direct current/alternating current converter module A (DCACA). A 2.0kW Pro Power Onboard inverter system is identified by: DCACA inverter assembly being located in the cabin under the rear seat on the left side of the vehicle. To correct the condition using the latest level of Ford Diagnosis and Repair System (FDRS), reprogram the DCACA module. For claiming use causal part number 19G317 and applicable labor times from Section 10 of the Service Labor Times Standard (SLTS) Manual.
Sponsored

 

FordConvert

Well-known member
First Name
Craig
Joined
Aug 11, 2021
Threads
6
Messages
141
Reaction score
179
Location
Utah
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB 502A
Occupation
Builder
So I’ve developed a weird bug since activating Glare-Free. Might just be a coincidence. For a few weeks before GF I started using Ford’s Nav ILO Apple Maps. I liked the turn directions in the cluster and Nav on the far-right of the 12” sync screen when using other apps. I don’t have PowerUp 1.7.1 yet.

Yesterday I started getting this warning while using Sync Nav:
Ford F-150 Adaptive Head Lights - Coming to the US??? 070CF3E2-7C52-485C-9A88-AFCB9E3BCB5F


After two days I’ve been able to reproduce the error. While using Nav and setting Intelligent Cruise, after about 10 minutes I get that warning. Every time.
BUT, as soon as I cancel Nav, the speed sign reading kicks back in. Using Apple Maps does not do this. Coincidence? Weird.

I know GF uses the camera to control the head lights, and also to read the signs. ?‍♂
 

ROBB1

Well-known member
First Name
Justin
Joined
Oct 10, 2021
Threads
0
Messages
289
Reaction score
370
Location
NC
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
So I’ve developed a weird bug since activating Glare-Free. Might just be a coincidence. For a few weeks before GF I started using Ford’s Nav ILO Apple Maps. I liked the turn directions in the cluster and Nav on the far-right of the 12” sync screen when using other apps. I don’t have PowerUp 1.7.1 yet.

Yesterday I started getting this warning while using Sync Nav:
070CF3E2-7C52-485C-9A88-AFCB9E3BCB5F.jpeg


After two days I’ve been able to reproduce the error. While using Nav and setting Intelligent Cruise, after about 10 minutes I get that warning. Every time.
BUT, as soon as I cancel Nav, the speed sign reading kicks back in. Using Apple Maps does not do this. Coincidence? Weird.

I know GF uses the camera to control the head lights, and also to read the signs. ?‍♂
My initial thought is this is completely unrelated. There seems to be a fair number of people reporting it independent of this thread. I personally have not experienced this yet and I have been running glare free ~ 2 months. I really do not use the built in Nav, but the cruise control has been pretty consistent in sign recognition.

Glare free does use the camera, but the ”regular“ auto high beams do as well. Also keep in mind that glare free isn’t really a hack, it is a factory feature enabled by default on trucks shipping to Canada. I would have expected to see our friends in Canada complaining about this from day one if it were related.
 

Sponsored

ROBB1

Well-known member
First Name
Justin
Joined
Oct 10, 2021
Threads
0
Messages
289
Reaction score
370
Location
NC
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor

Mash150

Well-known member
First Name
Dale
Joined
Jan 26, 2021
Threads
5
Messages
529
Reaction score
377
Location
North of the 49th
Vehicles
21 King Ranch, 157, SQ , PB
Occupation
Retired
So I’ve developed a weird bug since activating Glare-Free. Might just be a coincidence. For a few weeks before GF I started using Ford’s Nav ILO Apple Maps. I liked the turn directions in the cluster and Nav on the far-right of the 12” sync screen when using other apps. I don’t have PowerUp 1.7.1 yet.

Yesterday I started getting this warning while using Sync Nav:
070CF3E2-7C52-485C-9A88-AFCB9E3BCB5F.jpeg


After two days I’ve been able to reproduce the error. While using Nav and setting Intelligent Cruise, after about 10 minutes I get that warning. Every time.
BUT, as soon as I cancel Nav, the speed sign reading kicks back in. Using Apple Maps does not do this. Coincidence? Weird.

I know GF uses the camera to control the head lights, and also to read the signs. ?‍♂
Sorry , really not on topic here but just reading your post and noticed the numbers under the
oil temp and trans temp gauges. Is that a setting that can be enabled through the touch screen or we’re done through forscan , if that is the correct term. Canadian truck on my part though.

Glare free lighting comes enabled with Canadian trucks as you are aware and it’s a great feature to have . Cuts down on drivers not lowering their high beams when approaching traffic.
 

FordConvert

Well-known member
First Name
Craig
Joined
Aug 11, 2021
Threads
6
Messages
141
Reaction score
179
Location
Utah
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB 502A
Occupation
Builder
Sorry , really not on topic here but just reading your post and noticed the numbers under the
oil temp and trans temp gauges. Is that a setting that can be enabled through the touch screen or we’re done through forscan , if that is the correct term. Canadian truck on my part though.

Glare free lighting comes enabled with Canadian trucks as you are aware and it’s a great feature to have . Cuts down on drivers not lowering their high beams when approaching traffic.
It's done through FORScan. Great thread here with instructions and a spreadsheet of "vetted" procedures:

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/2021-f-150-forscan-list-database-spreadsheet-💻.1578/
 

Skier167

Well-known member
First Name
Nate
Joined
Dec 11, 2020
Threads
9
Messages
216
Reaction score
274
Location
Ohio
Vehicles
2021 f150
Thank you again for figuring this out!!! This is one of my favorite forscan changes! I love the adaptive headlights over the traditional auto high beams.
 

additionsola

Well-known member
Joined
May 29, 2021
Threads
2
Messages
154
Reaction score
195
Location
Utah
Vehicles
Chevy Colorado
So I've finally gotten the truck back and driven a few times at night, I'm not sure what the expected behavior is here. My knob is set to auto, but I notice the brights are never on. Is the expected behavior for brights to be on but cutting out other cars, or does this change do something else? Does it not work in cities?
 

Sponsored


ROBB1

Well-known member
First Name
Justin
Joined
Oct 10, 2021
Threads
0
Messages
289
Reaction score
370
Location
NC
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
So I've finally gotten the truck back and driven a few times at night, I'm not sure what the expected behavior is here. My knob is set to auto, but I notice the brights are never on. Is the expected behavior for brights to be on but cutting out other cars, or does this change do something else? Does it not work in cities?
The system takes into account ambient light (I think the regular auto high beams did as well), so if you are driving in brighter areas with street lights or lots of bright commercial properties they will not come on. You also need to be above 35 miles (also same as auto high beams). The best way to really see the difference is to get out on a dark road with intermittent traffic.
 

additionsola

Well-known member
Joined
May 29, 2021
Threads
2
Messages
154
Reaction score
195
Location
Utah
Vehicles
Chevy Colorado
The system takes into account ambient light (I think the regular auto high beams did as well), so if you are driving in brighter areas with street lights or lots of bright commercial properties they will not come on. You also need to be above 35 miles (also same as auto high beams). The best way to really see the difference is to get out on a dark road with intermittent traffic.
That makes a lot of sense, thanks!
 

imnuts

Well-known member
First Name
Mark
Joined
Mar 1, 2021
Threads
26
Messages
1,580
Reaction score
1,675
Location
Dirty Jerz
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
You also need to be above 35 miles (also same as auto high beams).
They actually kick on at 32 MPH, and I only know this because the first part of my drive to work in going ~30 most of the time until I saw auto-high beams kick on once. Paid close attention on subsequent trips what speed I was going when they came on. They will shut off automatically around 16-17 MPH if nothing else shuts them off prior.
 

Caneman88

Well-known member
First Name
Ron
Joined
Mar 3, 2020
Threads
4
Messages
289
Reaction score
205
Location
San Antonio TX
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F150 Platinum ,MB GLC 300
Occupation
Pella Windows and Doors
Exterior Lighting
The system adapts the lighting to avoid glare if all of the following occur:
  • You switch the system on.
  • You set the lighting control to the autolamps position.
  • The system detects an approaching vehicle's headlamps or rear lamps.
    GLARE FREE LIGHTING LIMITATIONS
    The system turns off if any of the following occur:
  • You switch the system off.
  • You set the lighting control to any position except autolamps.
  • The ambient light level is high enough.
  • The system detects severe rain, snow or fog.
  • The system detects street lighting.
  • The camera has reduced visibility.
  • The vehicle speed falls below approximately 19 mph (30 km/h).
    Note: The deactivation speed is lower on curves.
    SWITCHING GLARE FREE LIGHTING ON AND OFF
  1. Press Settings on the touchscreen.
  2. Press Vehicle Settings.
  1. Press Lighting.
  2. Switch Glarefree Lighting on or off.
GLARE FREE LIGHTING INDICATORS
Illuminates to confirm when the system is ready to assist.
OVERRIDING GLARE FREE LIGHTING
Ford F-150 Adaptive Head Lights - Coming to the US??? 1639852141537
Ford F-150 Adaptive Head Lights - Coming to the US??? 1639852141564
Ford F-150 Adaptive Head Lights - Coming to the US??? 1639852141584
Ford F-150 Adaptive Head Lights - Coming to the US??? 1639852141610

156
E308790
Push the lever away from you to switch the high beams on.
Push the lever away from you again to switch the high beams off.
Push the lever away from you for a third time to switch glare free lighting back on.
Ford F-150 Adaptive Head Lights - Coming to the US??? 1639852141635
 

dmac

Active member
Joined
Feb 23, 2021
Threads
32
Messages
44
Reaction score
77
Location
USA
Vehicles
2015 5.0 (sold), 21 PB (sold), 22 5.0
Occupation
Gearhead!
Has anyone been able to figure out how to get the "Adaptive Headlights" and "Auto High Beams" toggle also in the menu after making these changes, currently this is my setup -
Shoutout to: @tonesto7 and @Livnitup for paving the way.


Glare Free Menu (replaces Auto High beam) in APIM:
7D0-09-01 x1xx xxxx
7D0-09-03 xxCx xxxx
Note: a module reset in FORScan or power cycle is required for the menu to appear.

IPMA
706-01-01 xxxx xxx9

SCCM
724-04-01 xxx4 xxxx

IPC
720-01-01 xx8x xxxx
720-10-01 xxxx xxx3

HCM
734-01-01 xxxx xx01
734-01-02 x3xx xxxx

Short bed No onboard scales / ccd
734-01-04 xx53 4E

Short bed with scales / ccd
734-01-04 xx56 D1

Long bed no scales / ccd
734-01-04 xxD9 88

Long bed with scales / ccd
734-01-04 xxDC 17
Has anyone been able to figure out how to get the "Adaptive Headlights" and "Auto High Beams" toggle also in the menu after making these changes, currently this is my setup -
Ford F-150 Adaptive Head Lights - Coming to the US??? Screen Shot 2021-12-24 at 1.29.38 PM
Sponsored

 
 







Top