Sponsored

RAM with Hurricane - Anyone Drive One Yet?

Highway 11

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 29, 2022
Threads
38
Messages
525
Reaction score
1,076
Location
Canada
Vehicles
'23 F-150, '24 Bronco
My truck went back to the dealer svc dept again yesterday, for the 4th time. Same issue-obvious, bucking and jerking type misfires, stalled once at a stop sign. The difference-last time they had it, an updated pcm reflash was applied. The only apparent difference is that now it WILL NOT turn on the cel for misfiring, seemingly no matter how bad it is or how far you drive it like that. I read on a ram forum that this reflash was to keep the cel off and misfire codes from being stored so that owners of misfiring trucks can pass their state's emission testing if their state has that. This seems to be to be at least subversive on ram's part, it not outright illegal. I do not know for sure that the purpose of this latest pcm flash is to hide misfires, but it would not surprise me. The normal misfire codes I get stored when it acts up showed up as pending, but it refused to save them as hard codes. This also hobbles efforts to fix the vehicle, as the service tech told me that freeze frame date is not stored unless a hard code is set. With the pcm now resisting storing anything related to misfires as a hard code, they can't get freeze frame data. When I took my truck in yesterday, I purposely did not turn it off so that they could at least verify the pending codes, which would have been erased had I turned the truck off. This is getting very old...
Under Iowa law, would you be in a position to lemon law the truck?
Sponsored

 

v8440

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 21, 2024
Threads
27
Messages
868
Reaction score
982
Location
Iowa
Vehicles
'24 f150 xl rcsb
Occupation
Urinal cake replacer
Yes. I'm trying to get them to buy it back without forcing the issue, but ram customer service has so far failed to call me back two out of two times they said they would.
 

Samson16

Well-known member
First Name
Kyle
Joined
Mar 24, 2023
Threads
18
Messages
3,622
Reaction score
3,587
Location
Orlando, FL.
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
We are enjoying our '24 Wrangler Sahara 2.0, but just like with the '22 PB we knock on wood with fingers crossed :cool:
 

v8440

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 21, 2024
Threads
27
Messages
868
Reaction score
982
Location
Iowa
Vehicles
'24 f150 xl rcsb
Occupation
Urinal cake replacer
Ok, I am now lawyering up. Ram will not allow me to do this the easy way; their customer service people refuse to call back or update anything, my dealership service department has not heard a peep from them.
 

HammaMan

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 7, 2022
Threads
123
Messages
8,526
Reaction score
9,934
Location
SE US
Vehicles
2022 307a PB
Ok, I am now lawyering up. Ram will not allow me to do this the easy way; their customer service people refuse to call back or update anything, my dealership service department has not heard a peep from them.
Don't forget the part of complaining everywhere loudly.

I figured there'd be some teething issues with these motors, but not this much this quick. I didn't trust the 1st or 2nd gen ecoboosts to buy one but these gen 3s have earned their spot in the game. GM is likely going to face the same issues. I just don't see their 4 banger being anything more than it is and the CAFE standards still have another year to go where they'll likely hang for at least 4 years. Curious to see if they can pull it off or offset enough with EVs (doubtful).
 

v8440

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 21, 2024
Threads
27
Messages
868
Reaction score
982
Location
Iowa
Vehicles
'24 f150 xl rcsb
Occupation
Urinal cake replacer
As an update, the law firm I hired has reached out to ram twice now, meaning sent letters. No response yet, which they said is typical.
Sponsored

 
 







Top