Sponsored

Black Lug Nuts - 1 Piece

INADAZE

Well-known member
First Name
David
Joined
Jul 31, 2024
Threads
4
Messages
142
Reaction score
168
Location
Virginia
Vehicles
2024 F150 XLT 3.5EB - Avalanche

HammaMan

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 7, 2022
Threads
123
Messages
8,526
Reaction score
9,934
Location
SE US
Vehicles
2022 307a PB
? I'll wait until it annoys me a bit more. Need to mentally reset from some other recent impulse buys into a hobby that I'll probably move on from in a few months. I think there's a medical term for that? ?
I need to impulse sell already. I've got 3 sets of seats -- looking for some spares? :ROFLMAO:
 

Korazu

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 9, 2024
Threads
7
Messages
81
Reaction score
175
Location
NC
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
MY2024 F-150 Lariat 5.0 502A w/ BAP

Riddick

Well-known member
First Name
Leonard
Joined
Aug 19, 2024
Threads
3
Messages
184
Reaction score
306
Location
Yorktown, VA
Vehicles
2024 F-150 XLT
Occupation
Logistics
I've been looking for the same. I found these that I believe should be the same length as OEM and are one piece. According to the pics, the Ford performance lugs are definitely two piece.
https://mcgard.com/product/black-bu...odel=F-150&vehicle_category=24&vehicle_text=1
The McGards are top knotch, I ran them on my previous RAM 2500 with no issues. They are pricey but they will hold up.

The Ford Performance lugs are indeed a two piece design. They look identical to the stock lugs but they are black. Like I said if you have Ford pass points the Ford lugs are worth considering. If your spending your money, spend a little more and get the McGards.
 

Sponsored

SilverSpur

Well-known member
First Name
Tony
Joined
Jul 25, 2024
Threads
0
Messages
126
Reaction score
41
Location
Joplin Mo
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, 08 Charger RT, 24 Santa Fe Hybrid
Occupation
Retired
Researching BLACK LUG NUTS- WHY in the hell did my BAP come with chrome lugs ?!? This is a deep rabbit hole I shouldn't have to waste my time on, now I 'm trying to find OEM Like, 1 piece black lugs.
All I've seen are too long or 2 piece etc ..any suggestions?
I have looked primarily at Mcgard & Gorilla but ... need to 60 degree bulge that are close in length of OEM (1.6")and cover the entire space
I've read a lot of threads but none are clear to which for similar length to oem and 1 piece
These 2 pc lug nuts become a maintenance issue overtime. I found that with them these tire places use nothing nut rattle wrench's and sometimes the socket that is not the correct size. Most of the tire only shops have people who are not mechanics. Just tire changers. They just want the day to end and get the vehicles out. I have tried to get several to use a T-bar I have or the direct fit socket. But no, it was to much work. Some of them don't even torque to spec, just tighten. Acorn is a company I used to buy my aftermarket lug nuts from. Need to look for stainless steel so there won't be rust later.
 

GR8BBQ

Well-known member
First Name
Aaron
Joined
Aug 18, 2024
Threads
2
Messages
67
Reaction score
67
Location
Hamlin, New York
Vehicles
2024 F-150 XLT Super Crew Avalanche BAP
BOI sold out. Rats.

OP, why did you have to point this out?!? Now it's bugging me that mine aren't black. Sheesh.
 

Dakar09

Well-known member
First Name
Tony
Joined
Mar 12, 2024
Threads
10
Messages
756
Reaction score
903
Location
Dedham, MA
Vehicles
2024 F-150 Lariat 5.0L
I bought these
McGard Black Lugs

and the matching locks
McGard Black Locks

Amazon claims they "don't fit 2024 Ford F-150", but I know that's a lie, lol! The issue is the lug wrench size is different.

These were not inexpensive.

I had Gorilla tuner lugs on my last few cars, they don't hold up well for the price, imo.
 

Zeppelin

Well-known member
First Name
Pete
Joined
May 23, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
59
Reaction score
29
Location
Long Island, NY
Vehicles
2017 F150 XLT SC LB 5.0
I'm considering these, as my shit is starting to rust now. I figured the Gorilla lugs would be ok. Though it's possible I got knock offs. ?‍♂
Nah, not knock offs. I bought Gorilla first and then may have gone with the Mcgards later? I can't remember now. Both rust, the Mcgards (or whatever brand I bought the second time) definitely held up better but the Gorillas were rusting within 4 months. Granted I live in the NE but they were bad enough that they sent me a second set and told me to... clean my lug nuts... more frequently. Second set rusted out just as quickly.
 

Sojourner

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 27, 2023
Threads
2
Messages
236
Reaction score
206
Location
Maryland
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Tremor
Occupation
Retired Army / Disabled Vet
Black one piece McGard lugs and locking lugs for me on all my vehicles.

And I replaced the shiny Ford lettering center caps on both my 5g Ranger Tremor and gen14 F-150 Tremor with these all black Ford "Raptor" ones (b/c I like the all black wheel look):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/235444589818

Same center cap size for both the Ranger and F-150. You can get these individually, in sets of four, or sets of five.
 
Last edited:

Sponsored


Ricksc

Well-known member
First Name
Rick
Joined
Feb 25, 2024
Threads
22
Messages
1,182
Reaction score
995
Location
Bay area
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Biggest problem with the lug nuts is the tire shop. I do my own rotations and use 13/16 not 21mm and all by hand, no air tools. Never had an issue with lugs flaring. 21mm is about 1/2 mm to big causing the sides to round off with impact gun.
 

HammaMan

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 7, 2022
Threads
123
Messages
8,526
Reaction score
9,934
Location
SE US
Vehicles
2022 307a PB
 







Top