Sponsored

Power-Up 4.3.2

zacko11288

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 19, 2022
Threads
18
Messages
324
Reaction score
319
Location
Illinois
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariet
Occupation
Engineering
Following this update I've noticed that I can no longer unlock or lock my truck. I can hear the click under the hood when the connection establishes but nothing beyond that. Horn and lights still function

Ford F-150 Power-Up 4.3.2 Screenshot_20230623_092330_FordPass
Sponsored

 

fordtruckman2003

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 28, 2023
Threads
26
Messages
4,587
Reaction score
3,746
Location
Indy
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Nothing. Just wait for it to be resent to me again. I am in no rush for these updates. All they do is prep the truck for future updates. When whatever update these updates are prepping our truck for comes out, I'll install the updates myself if it is worth doing so.
My concern is that the truck screen shows new version as if it did update. So if truck thinks it's up to date, then the update will never install, and I'll keep giving failure notices on FordPass?

I agree that these updates mean nothing, but I don't want the truck stuck on updates again or start skipping over versions.

You'll likely see the update before me so I'll wait and see if you get it successfully installed.
 

Henfield

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 15, 2021
Threads
2
Messages
637
Reaction score
478
Location
Usa
Vehicles
2021 XLT Screw 5.0,4x4,302Asport,
At some point, I have to believe that Ford will stop updates.

I've had 4.2.4 since May 11. Think the only thing that came down Ford made a song and dance about was Alexa. Which I will not activate.
 

zacko11288

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 19, 2022
Threads
18
Messages
324
Reaction score
319
Location
Illinois
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariet
Occupation
Engineering
At some point, I have to believe that Ford will stop updates.

I've had 4.2.4 since May 11. Think the only thing that came down Ford made a song and dance about was Alexa. Which I will not activate.
New features and enhancements maybe, I believe it will always remain in place to mitigate recalls at the very least.
 

rugedraw

Well-known member
First Name
Javier
Joined
Dec 14, 2021
Threads
17
Messages
7,413
Reaction score
9,008
Location
Miami
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EB/2023 Bronco Sport Badlands/1991 Mustang 5.0 coupe
Occupation
Auto Sales
My concern is that the truck screen shows new version as if it did update. So if truck thinks it's up to date, then the update will never install, and I'll keep giving failure notices on FordPass?

I agree that these updates mean nothing, but I don't want the truck stuck on updates again or start skipping over versions.

You'll likely see the update before me so I'll wait and see if you get it successfully installed.
As long as the OTA dashboard shows the update failed, the mothership knows and it will resend it. I'm in the same boat as you are, and I'm not concerned.
 

Sponsored

mj1angier

Well-known member
First Name
Mickey
Joined
Aug 24, 2021
Threads
4
Messages
87
Reaction score
80
Location
North Carolina
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch Power Boost
Booping right along, got 4.3.3 last night. Did not notice anything messed up on drive into work.
 

Bo15

Well-known member
First Name
Derek
Joined
Oct 22, 2020
Threads
19
Messages
318
Reaction score
236
Location
NW Georgia
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch 4x4, 2010 F-150 Platinum 4x4
Did the update 4.3.2 today. Didn't take very long and showed successfully installed.

Started truck and had the Stability and Traction Control indicator on and some messages that hill stop assist and some others were not available. Could not turn on the Stop hold option that used to be selected. Turned truck off. Restarted and the indicator was out with all the options working, BUT now a steady check engine light!?!

No clue why. No problems until the update.

Day 2. On second drive of the day, no check engine light!
 
Last edited:

rugedraw

Well-known member
First Name
Javier
Joined
Dec 14, 2021
Threads
17
Messages
7,413
Reaction score
9,008
Location
Miami
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EB/2023 Bronco Sport Badlands/1991 Mustang 5.0 coupe
Occupation
Auto Sales
So 4.3.2 got sent to me again earlier today. I had no idea it was in my queue. I started my truck to go to lunch, and it couldn't download the files and failed again with the exact same pattern it failed with 6 days ago.

Ford F-150 Power-Up 4.3.2 Picture3
 

Paul Neubauer

Well-known member
First Name
Paul
Joined
Nov 20, 2021
Threads
15
Messages
1,055
Reaction score
1,211
Location
Houston
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum Powerstroke
So 4.3.2 got sent to me again earlier today. I had no idea it was in my queue. I started my truck to go to lunch, and it couldn't download the files and failed again with the exact same pattern it failed with 6 days ago.

Picture3.png
I just got a notice that mine failed for the second time.
 

Bo15

Well-known member
First Name
Derek
Joined
Oct 22, 2020
Threads
19
Messages
318
Reaction score
236
Location
NW Georgia
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch 4x4, 2010 F-150 Platinum 4x4
4.3.3 installed today but same weirdness after start. Stability and Traction Control indicator on and some messages that hill stop assist and some others were not available. Turned truck off. Restarted and the indicator was out with all the options working, but now a steady check engine light again. Will drive it later; hope it goes out like last time.
 

Sponsored


JFollow

Well-known member
First Name
Jordan
Joined
Jun 27, 2023
Threads
5
Messages
86
Reaction score
84
Location
Florida
Vehicles
2021 5.0 Lariat
My truck says no update is available,
however fordpass says it’s is on step 2 (software update will start at next scheduled time) for 4.3.2. It’s been like that for 2 weeks. The car is with the dealer for various warranty items and they want me to wait another month to see if it goes thru.

It’s currently set to update any day of the week at 1AM, but never does. What’s the deal?

Ford F-150 Power-Up 4.3.2 IMG_2327
 

rugedraw

Well-known member
First Name
Javier
Joined
Dec 14, 2021
Threads
17
Messages
7,413
Reaction score
9,008
Location
Miami
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EB/2023 Bronco Sport Badlands/1991 Mustang 5.0 coupe
Occupation
Auto Sales
My truck says no update is available,
however fordpass says it’s is on step 2 (software update will start at next scheduled time) for 4.3.2. It’s been like that for 2 weeks. The car is with the dealer for various warranty items and they want me to wait another month to see if it goes thru.

It’s currently set to update any day of the week at 1AM, but never does. What’s the deal?
The truck will always say it is up to date if there is no OTA in your queue. Regardless of whether it is up to date or not. It could be that the update failed to install and the app still hasn't synced with the truck to reflect the failed update. I would need your VIN to check the details.
 

JFollow

Well-known member
First Name
Jordan
Joined
Jun 27, 2023
Threads
5
Messages
86
Reaction score
84
Location
Florida
Vehicles
2021 5.0 Lariat
The truck will always say it is up to date if there is no OTA in your queue. Regardless of whether it is up to date or not. It could be that the update failed to install and the app still hasn't synced with the truck to reflect the failed update. I would need your VIN to check the details.
Its at step S1007 as of may 18th.
 

Ford Motor Company

Well-known member
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Joined
May 26, 2021
Threads
15
Messages
2,830
Reaction score
1,449
Location
Dearborn
Vehicles
F-150
My truck says no update is available,
however fordpass says it’s is on step 2 (software update will start at next scheduled time) for 4.3.2. It’s been like that for 2 weeks. The car is with the dealer for various warranty items and they want me to wait another month to see if it goes thru.

It’s currently set to update any day of the week at 1AM, but never does. What’s the deal?

IMG_2327.jpeg
Hi there, Jordan. This software update concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your F-150. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
 

fordtruckman2003

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 28, 2023
Threads
26
Messages
4,587
Reaction score
3,746
Location
Indy
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
It was trying to update every 5 days. Then skipped a bunch of days. Now failed again. The presets on bottom of center screen start going all crazy when it's trying to download. The icons change on the satellite radio presets to totally wrong. Then I'll get the failed message from FordPass about 20 minutes later.
Sponsored

 
 







Top