Sponsored

Navigation maps not loading

Kaboom

Well-known member
First Name
Aaron
Joined
Feb 28, 2022
Threads
10
Messages
86
Reaction score
87
Location
Missouri
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Noticed my Ford Navigation just says loading? Also my speed sign recognition is not working for the adaptive cruise. Anyone else? I did do the black box removal, tried the split screen (didn't work) and had added the unreal theme. Put everything back still no navigation maps or speed sign recognition. Any ideas?
Sponsored

 
OP
OP
Kaboom

Kaboom

Well-known member
First Name
Aaron
Joined
Feb 28, 2022
Threads
10
Messages
86
Reaction score
87
Location
Missouri
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Now this.

Ford F-150 Navigation maps not loading 20230930_143834
 

Kodiak

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 27, 2022
Threads
46
Messages
2,303
Reaction score
3,131
Location
Virginia
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
If I ever get the 'Loading" sign on my maps I just switch the screen over to radio and then back to Nav and the maps are there.
 

BMWtoF150

Well-known member
First Name
Marty
Joined
Jan 7, 2021
Threads
13
Messages
293
Reaction score
337
Location
SC
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch, 3.5 Eco
Occupation
Retired, Part Time Consultant
If I ever get the 'Loading" sign on my maps I just switch the screen over to radio and then back to Nav and the maps are there.
+1
 

Popplemer

Well-known member
First Name
Stu
Joined
Feb 9, 2023
Threads
3
Messages
459
Reaction score
421
Location
New Jersey
Vehicles
'87 F250 460 5 Speed, 2023 302A PB 157"
If I ever get the 'Loading" sign on my maps I just switch the screen over to radio and then back to Nav and the maps are there.
My wife figured this out while copiloting. My vote is to try this first. :edit:
 
Last edited:

Sponsored

Walter Townsend

Well-known member
First Name
Walter
Joined
Aug 27, 2023
Threads
1
Messages
142
Reaction score
134
Location
Nelson, BC, Canada
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4 Off Road Fishing Edition 5.0
Occupation
Owner Operator Starlight Tool Services Ltd Millwright/Welder/Machinist/Electronics tech
Just had this same thing happen today on my truck, with the same error message. I have done the switch to audio and back many times in the past on the Powerboost when the map failed to load, but today on the 5.0L it never did load, even tried shutting off the truck and let sit for awhile but still no map.

I am wondering if there was an OTA update that went wrong as when I checked with the service manager two weeks ago, he said I was up to date, except for a APIM which was scheduled to go through at any time.
 

Jesse-Infotainment

Well-known member
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Joined
May 27, 2021
Threads
9
Messages
3,961
Reaction score
6,401
Location
Dallas
Vehicles
2024 F150 Lightning
There was someone that had that error after and OTA and they had to do a master reset to get the maps back.

I dont suggest master resets unless there is an issue such as this.
 
OP
OP
Kaboom

Kaboom

Well-known member
First Name
Aaron
Joined
Feb 28, 2022
Threads
10
Messages
86
Reaction score
87
Location
Missouri
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
This must be associated with the Navigation not working.

Ford F-150 Navigation maps not loading 20231007_111301
 

Jesse-Infotainment

Well-known member
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Joined
May 27, 2021
Threads
9
Messages
3,961
Reaction score
6,401
Location
Dallas
Vehicles
2024 F150 Lightning
Are you still having the issue with the nav. Can you send me your vin.
 

MikeMion

New member
First Name
Michael
Joined
Sep 15, 2022
Threads
0
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
I’m having the same issue, can you all please state if your CarPlay is working properly?
 

Sponsored


OP
OP
Kaboom

Kaboom

Well-known member
First Name
Aaron
Joined
Feb 28, 2022
Threads
10
Messages
86
Reaction score
87
Location
Missouri
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
My Android Auto is working fine. Got mine fixed with the assistance of Jesse! It was a long road on mine but it is all working again! Shout out and props to Jesse Infotainment!!
 

ESwart

Member
First Name
Eric
Joined
Aug 6, 2021
Threads
0
Messages
9
Reaction score
12
Location
York SC
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport
Occupation
Tech
Hello I was wandering if you maybe able to check my vin and see if there any info you might be able to help me with. I have a 2021 f150 xlt and I took it in for wiper motor recall and update 4.3.4 repeatedly failing. After the dealer had it all day trying force thru update they gave up at end of day and said I would have to leave it with them a couple days to cantact support to try to figure out was was going on, so I left to came back another time. When I got it back I had the maps loading error that would time out and tell me navigation unavailable , it also gave me message saying your Lincoln will be updated when it becomes available, anyway it eventually updated back to Ford from Lincoln but navigation never started working again. I did get ota 4.3.4 to go thru ( after reading several threads and suggestions ) but rearview camera never did work while in motion. I brought it back to dealer Monday and today they told me Ford support wants them to replace gps antenna and if that does not work they are going to replace the APIM module and still have the truck. Being an appliance tech for GE for 27 years and dealing with software issues it sounds like they are fishing / guessing at this point. Sorry for all this but wanted to give you some back round info. vin 1FTEW1C52Mkd93169. All this just cause they could not get and ota to go thru and now they are taking the interior apart to check connections and replace gps antenna and possibly APIM module ( afraid it is going to be a mess when I get it back and still not working with all ota updates gone )and also I think the GPS antenna is fine as I could see exactly where truck was via Ford pass before they reset everything yesterday. Thanks for any insight. Only other issue was passenger door lock and unlock sensor working was very random. Eric
 

Buyer2021

Well-known member
First Name
Alan
Joined
Feb 9, 2021
Threads
49
Messages
3,136
Reaction score
5,646
Location
central TX
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
Noticed my Ford Navigation just says loading?
I've had multiple / frequent events of this and 'slow loading' of maps since OTA 6.1.0. Maybe just coincidence?

Toggle to any other screen and back, the map is there.

No other issue, speed sign and adaptive cruise working fine.
 

Jesse-Infotainment

Well-known member
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Joined
May 27, 2021
Threads
9
Messages
3,961
Reaction score
6,401
Location
Dallas
Vehicles
2024 F150 Lightning
The maps not loading is happening to several people. had a bad OTA install

Issue is the complete update is not installing. Mixing old files with new OS file causing the maps to not load and other issues. Some have no CarPlay.

I wasnt able to correct Mike Mion Remotely. We would get the install to start but it would never end and call for the restart.

Im guessing his apim could be fixed if I had it here.

If you get no maps and had the owner manual update not complete or fail youll more than likely have issues. More so for those going from 22193 straight to 23159. They pulled the Intermediate updates and are going straight to 23159. Its causing big problems. If the install gets botched too bad the software packages for the APIM get pulled completely. Ford really needs to set the software to be more forceful. Its becoming a huge nightmare for ford the way they have it right now. It will only get worse as more car with this new architecture get on the road. I know lincolns and other cars are having issues and dont know what to do.

How ford doesnt have a engineering team that can do what I can is beyond me. They should be able to look at a vin and build a custom update package on the spot to correct the issue. Yet they dont and dealers are dropping the ball due to it.
Sponsored

 
 







Top