We had that on a previous truck. It turned out to be the vacuum shifter assembly in front hub.
Fortunately it was covered by warranty and the dealer fixed it.
A couple of mods I did with forscan, was to enable Bambi Mode. This allows the driving / fog lights to stay on when the High Beams are in use, instead of shutting off whenever high beams come on and only operating with the low beams.
The other mod was to enable the rear driving lights to...
2021 Lariat, there was a small pile of them in the centre console, three from the dash and one from the back side of the console that had fallen off before I bought the truck. Dealer promised to have them fixed for me.
Turns out that most of the dash had to be removed to get at them, and they...
Ford trucks in the higher trim levels and German Automobiles are the ferry workers bane of existence! Had that happen with our Lariat, had to leave it unlocked. Was on an outside ferry deck and it was dark, so the flashing lights were worse than the horn sounding for the ferry crew.
Cruising down the highway at 80 KMPH and passed a 100 KMPH sign that the truck saw as 120 kmph and all of a sudden the truck lurched forward, or another time in a 90 kmph zone it saw a side street sign for 30 KMPH and tried to do a brake stand.
I learned very quickly that when using ACC to...
I found that heat does not seem to have anything to do with it. Sometimes we have been on the road for hours and it happens, other times we have barely left the driveway. No Rhyme, No Reason. Some times it resets mid drive, but usually only after the truck has been parked for a bit, then can...
Did this issue ever get sorted out?
I just had mine in last weekend for the TSB (24-2122) and it faulted again less than 47 KM from when I took it in, so that includes the dealer road test and me driving home.
This has been going on for better than 10,000 km so far. Each time it can be one...
Well the first attempt the dealer did to fix this TSB, they were missing one of the parts so they had to abort the repair.
Finally they got the parts together and we had the TPMS TSB completed today, along with a few of the software updates that they could justify.
Less than 47 km from the...
Which truck? Which year?
Assuming a Ford? Assuming a F-150? Which Trim Level? Dealer or Private sale?
When I test drove the 2021 F-150 Lariat, Four of the diverters were broken off, three on the dash, one in the rear of the console. The dealer offered to replace them under "warranty"...
Agreed, but I want to make sure that I return the truck in as good of shape as possible, so a few pennies more to put in the better oil is always worth it to me!
A friend if mine is a retired prototyping engineer and we talked many times about the destructive testing he did on engines using various oils and how he was so impressed with Amsoil he started using it for all his own vehicles. I became a stocking dealer for Amsoil and have been using the oils...
21 Lariat 5.0L, blanket was in rough shape so replaced. Cables fit fine, dealer covered both under warranty as they had changed the battery just before I got the truck and used the wrong battery, H6 but it said right on the battery, Not For Stop Start Use!
I added a couple of lights to the back of my ladder rack and tied them to the trailer circuit, but now truck says there is a trailer attached and have lost many of the back up features, BLIS, and often get a trailer fault module error.
I will be doing the Sentinel Cree tailgate lights on my...
I've had mine read a 100 KMPH sign as 120 KMPH and accelerated like a bat out of you know what from the 80 zone we had just left.
Also there are a few times that it will read a 60 sign as 80, but I rarely use the cruise control on those stretches.
Says right in the manual that this is known to...
DRL's seem to shut off if the vehicle is not in gear, only seem to be on when actually driving.
Adding the rear lights was one of the best mod's I did with Forscan.
Sorry that was over a year ago that I muddled through "Forskin" with the truck, set up the headlights for glare free lighting...
Head lights turn off in the sun and back on in the dark when set to auto. Daytime running lights come on when vehicle is in gear and and the head lights are off.
For safety, go into Forscan and turn the rear park lights to go on with the Daytime running lights, that way you always have lights...
Ahh, I didn't know that. Thanks
2021 non "Powerboost" had the 400W inverter or the optional 2K generator.
The 2K is very anemic though and they only operate when the gas engine is actually running!
Could somebody please do a VIN look up for me. VIN 1FTFW1E55MKD77338
Have had three times where I'm driving along and I get a Tire Pressure Sensor Fault and the drivers rear tire looses its value (So far always the same tire faulting) . All three times have been driving the truck in the...
Amsoil Signature Series full Synthetic as soon as the first oil change is due and each time there after.
The finance manager asked my why when I tend to only have the vehicle for the length of the lease, but as an Amsoil dealer, I really like the quality of the oils and use them whenever they...