Sponsored

Black then Blue screen issue this morning...

JJSnell

Well-known member
First Name
JJSnell
Joined
Feb 22, 2023
Threads
78
Messages
1,608
Reaction score
2,045
Location
CdA, ID
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
Hey good morning guys. Got in the truck this morning and saw a quick flash that said something like "battery turned off to save power."
I was already in motion to turn the truck on and my display was black.
I proceeded to start driving thinking it would catch up and turn on but then the screen turned completely blue. It was like this for about 30 to 60 seconds and then went black and they teeter-tottered back and forth between the same duration black screen then blue screen.
This happened during the entire drive this morning to get coffee. When I turned the truck off and back on again everything worked fine. Has anyone seen this before?

Ford F-150 Black then Blue screen issue this morning... 1000011973
Sponsored

 
Last edited:

fordtruckman2003

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 28, 2023
Threads
26
Messages
4,587
Reaction score
3,746
Location
Indy
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Battery issues can cause all sorts of weird behavior.
If you get more battery warnings it might be time to upgrade.
Unless APIM does that again I wouldn't worry about it.
 

rugedraw

Well-known member
First Name
Javier
Joined
Dec 14, 2021
Threads
17
Messages
7,413
Reaction score
9,008
Location
Miami
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EB/2023 Bronco Sport Badlands/1991 Mustang 5.0 coupe
Occupation
Auto Sales
Strange. Checked your VIN in PTS thinking maybe an OTA caused it, but no recent OTA history and your truck didn't report any codes relevant to what you're describing.
 

rugedraw

Well-known member
First Name
Javier
Joined
Dec 14, 2021
Threads
17
Messages
7,413
Reaction score
9,008
Location
Miami
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EB/2023 Bronco Sport Badlands/1991 Mustang 5.0 coupe
Occupation
Auto Sales
Battery issues can cause all sorts of weird behavior.
If you get more battery warnings it might be time to upgrade.
Unless APIM does that again I wouldn't worry about it.
Didn't check that. Battery SoC is being reported at 50% to the cloud. So I would charge the battery up.
 
OP
OP

JJSnell

Well-known member
First Name
JJSnell
Joined
Feb 22, 2023
Threads
78
Messages
1,608
Reaction score
2,045
Location
CdA, ID
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
Strange. Checked your VIN in PTS thinking maybe an OTA caused it, but no recent OTA history and your truck didn't report any codes relevant to what you're describing.
Thanks @rugedraw and @fordtruckman2003 have never had battery issues in the past but it could be 'my turn'.
Ill throw a trickle on it. Javi are you seeing any pending updates I need? I have auto OTAs turned off but if there is an important one, Ill try and get it...
 

Sponsored

rugedraw

Well-known member
First Name
Javier
Joined
Dec 14, 2021
Threads
17
Messages
7,413
Reaction score
9,008
Location
Miami
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EB/2023 Bronco Sport Badlands/1991 Mustang 5.0 coupe
Occupation
Auto Sales
Thanks @rugedraw and @fordtruckman2003 have never had battery issues in the past but it could be 'my turn'.
Ill throw a trickle on it. Javi are you seeing any pending updates I need? I have auto OTAs turned off but if there is an important one, Ill try and get it...
Yea, you got more than a couple pending.

Ford F-150 Black then Blue screen issue this morning... 1722360622458-mh
 

fordtruckman2003

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 28, 2023
Threads
26
Messages
4,587
Reaction score
3,746
Location
Indy
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
I think every truck has battery issues eventually from Ford undersizing the batteries in these trucks. I'm all for using the largest that will fit. My 2.7 is very happy with an H8. PB would be an H7.

Side note FDRS would be worth your time for all those updates Rugedraw posted. The upgraded Bluecruise/adaptive cruise alone is so much better. :)
Sponsored

 
 







Top