Sponsored

powerboatr

Well-known member
First Name
Robert
Joined
May 9, 2022
Threads
173
Messages
4,343
Reaction score
5,427
Location
North East Texas, Piney Woods
Vehicles
2024 F250 King Ranch Chrome
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief

fordtruckman2003

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 28, 2023
Threads
26
Messages
4,587
Reaction score
3,746
Location
Indy
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
did the everstart H8 fit? my walmart app said NO..i havent measured it yet though
Plenty of room in my 2.7 tray.
Look at the tray the battery needs to slide under tab on end facing front.
Had to completely remove the strap bolt and all to fit the H8 into place. I think that is case with every battery. Don't do the strap until you get the terminals put on. The wiggle of battery makes it easier. Not a lot of slack in factory wiring getting up over terminals but once in place it isn't stretching it.
 

Viper

Well-known member
First Name
Bruce
Joined
Oct 31, 2020
Threads
21
Messages
404
Reaction score
225
Location
Maryland
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, 2022 F-150 Limited Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Teacher for the Military
As stated above, I got 6.5.2 2 days ago, I just got 6.8. last night.
 

segchris

Member
First Name
Chris
Joined
Feb 6, 2023
Threads
2
Messages
8
Reaction score
5
Location
Vermont, USA
Vehicles
2023 F150 Powerboost
4th time FAILED to update ??
so i am done with trying to get it to update
dealer visit is now the message on ford pass
I'm with you, mine has probably failed a dozen times. Every day I get a message in Fordpass that the update didn't install and has been rescheduled. I've tried to click update now a few times. Tells me to turn off the truck and exit, doesn't seem to do anything after that. Sunday I did probably 100 miles of driving, was sure it would install that night, still failed. Left it on the charger for a few hours yesterday and again this morning it shows it was rescheduled. Mine however has not said to take it to the dealer.
 

Sponsored

Big Dog Daddy

Well-known member
First Name
Mark
Joined
May 27, 2021
Threads
33
Messages
2,453
Reaction score
3,934
Location
New Jersey
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue

GrandpaD

Well-known member
First Name
Dennis
Joined
Nov 1, 2021
Threads
9
Messages
262
Reaction score
329
Location
Hampton Roads, Virginia
Vehicles
'24 Lariat PB FX4 502A 5.5 Space White
Occupation
Retired
Got in the truck and saw the message that 6.5 was scheduled for overnight install. I said "hell no...do it now as you've teased me about this for the last month". It was ready about 6 minutes later.

I felt I hit the OTA lottery so I went out and bought a few MegaMillions tickets.
 

powerboatr

Well-known member
First Name
Robert
Joined
May 9, 2022
Threads
173
Messages
4,343
Reaction score
5,427
Location
North East Texas, Piney Woods
Vehicles
2024 F250 King Ranch Chrome
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
Got in the truck and saw the message that 6.5 was scheduled for overnight install. I said "hell no...do it now as you've teased me about this for the last month". It was ready about 6 minutes later.

I felt I hit the OTA lottery so I went out and bought a few MegaMillions tickets.
in mine if i press UPDATE now
it goes back to the menu of setting a TIME
it has never before asked a time to be scheduled
it has popped up while driving to tell me its ready and i need to stop or schedule
most famous was 3 am in closed gas station locked in the truck

i have a service appointment now for monday
 

Sponsored


GrandpaD

Well-known member
First Name
Dennis
Joined
Nov 1, 2021
Threads
9
Messages
262
Reaction score
329
Location
Hampton Roads, Virginia
Vehicles
'24 Lariat PB FX4 502A 5.5 Space White
Occupation
Retired
in mine if i press UPDATE now
it goes back to the menu of setting a TIME
it has never before asked a time to be scheduled
it has popped up while driving to tell me its ready and i need to stop or schedule
most famous was 3 am in closed gas station locked in the truck
The "scheduled time" is the time you can set to check for automatic updates. Mine is set for 1AM every morning. But I don't trust them, as they've said it would happen many times before and nuttin'.
 

powerboatr

Well-known member
First Name
Robert
Joined
May 9, 2022
Threads
173
Messages
4,343
Reaction score
5,427
Location
North East Texas, Piney Woods
Vehicles
2024 F250 King Ranch Chrome
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
The "scheduled time" is the time you can set to check for automatic updates. Mine is set for 1AM every morning. But I don't trust them, as they've said it would happen many times before and nuttin'.
and rugedraw just showed me its trying every hour to update and failing out..
crazy as a witch in a ice storm
 

powerboatr

Well-known member
First Name
Robert
Joined
May 9, 2022
Threads
173
Messages
4,343
Reaction score
5,427
Location
North East Texas, Piney Woods
Vehicles
2024 F250 King Ranch Chrome
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
well gents and people
did a dtc clear, ran live data on forscan and got her up to 70 SOC
pressed the update now and it hal said get out, lock doors etc

then i got a message in ford pass a few minutes later to schedule a time as truck was ready to go
so i go out and select 530 pm
i am sitting in the cave watching top gear and BOOM get a message 6.50.0 update successfully

WTF....
thanks to rugedraw for the screen shots of fdrs and his patience (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)
its a success, another community POSITIVE
 

{tpc}

Well-known member
First Name
Anthony
Joined
Feb 12, 2022
Threads
29
Messages
674
Reaction score
329
Location
Berkley, MI
Vehicles
2024 F-150 SuperCrew 3.5 EB Avalanche BAP
Any reason why mine continually fails this? Every day it reschedules, and I believe right now the battery is at a proper SOC (but I'm using chime tones as my source lol). It is always interrupted by another process. Unfortunately there is no option to start it updating, it wants to do it all on its own, its a big girl now!
 

jz777

Well-known member
First Name
Jerry
Joined
Oct 3, 2021
Threads
2
Messages
190
Reaction score
209
Location
NE Pennsylvania
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat, 2020 BMW M240i Convertible
Any reason why mine continually fails this? Every day it reschedules, and I believe right now the battery is at a proper SOC (but I'm using chime tones as my source lol). It is always interrupted by another process. Unfortunately there is no option to start it updating, it wants to do it all on its own, its a big girl now!
In my case, it was the SOC. Same issues as you, truck was trying to install 6.5 for over a week. I drove the heck out of my truck and nothing, still failed. Had an appointment with the dealer yesterday and asked them to check my battery while they had it. The battery failed and they installed a new one. Woke up this morning and boom- 6.5 installed!
Sponsored

 
 







Top