Sponsored
OP
OP
BlackSheep

BlackSheep

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 21, 2021
Threads
3
Messages
124
Reaction score
69
Location
Indiana
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost (Job 2)
You got it!
I'm hoping the recall repair is tied to the version of TRM software reported by FDRS during the update or by the truck when it phones the mothership. It will be interesting to track how all this gets resolved in the next month. @RalpL
Sponsored

 

JEB

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 15, 2021
Threads
1
Messages
1,985
Reaction score
1,984
Location
US
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
I'm hoping the recall repair is tied to the version of TRM software reported by FDRS during the update or by the truck when it phones the mothership. It will be interesting to track how all this gets resolved in the next month. @RalpL
It’s possible. We know, for example, that if you update modules via FDRS in advance of a Power-Up OTA release that relates to the same modules, you don’t get the Power-Up. So the truck must be doing some self-reporting. I don’t think anyone knows if it works the same way with recalls. I hope so. But I could also envision that, because this is a recall, Ford would want some dealer verification that the work was done. Like you said, we’ll have to see once the software is actually rolled out.
 

JeffC57

Well-known member
First Name
Jeff
Joined
Jun 8, 2021
Threads
2
Messages
236
Reaction score
246
Location
Kansas City USA
Vehicles
'21 F-150 Lariat Sport FX4 SCab, '18 Linc MKZ Hyb
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
I got this recall notice last week in Ford Pass. I called the dealer this morning (4/4) to schedule the work. It is scheduled for Wednesday 4/6. Also asked about the TSB relating to greyed out OTA updates. Service advisor said that issue would be taken care of under this recall. They want the truck for most of the day so hopefully they know and have everything they need to do this work. I currently don't tow anything that has trailer brakes, so the issue isn't time sensitive for me but if it gets me closer to having Blue Cruse on my Job 1 '21 so much the better.
REQUESTED SERVICES
· REPROGRAM INTEGRATED TRAILER RELAY MODULE
· BLUECRUISE MODULE PROGRAMMING
· RECALLS MAJOR
 

UGADawg96

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 28, 2021
Threads
32
Messages
3,511
Reaction score
6,199
Location
JAX, FL
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB & '25 Explorer ST
I rescheduled my appointment for 4/23. Multiple dealers have told me they don't have the software yet to complete this recall. My service writer said to check in with them a day before to verify they have it or I'll need to reschedule again.
 

KBfromNE

New member
First Name
Kurt
Joined
Mar 1, 2022
Threads
0
Messages
4
Reaction score
1
Location
Nebraska
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Occupation
Retired
Called the dealer today to set up an appointment for the trailer relay module. They said there were problems with the replacement software (read buggy here) and suggested I call back in a few weeks.
 

Sponsored

Pelican

Well-known member
First Name
Mark
Joined
Feb 18, 2022
Threads
4
Messages
416
Reaction score
374
Location
Ohio
Vehicles
2024 F-150 Lariat (502A) Supercrew POWERBOOST
Occupation
Financial Management
Thank you for sharing Blacksheep
 
OP
OP
BlackSheep

BlackSheep

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 21, 2021
Threads
3
Messages
124
Reaction score
69
Location
Indiana
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost (Job 2)
Called the dealer today to set up an appointment for the trailer relay module. They said there were problems with the replacement software (read buggy here) and suggested I call back in a few weeks.
There is a group of us following the releases of updates to FDRS. We don't believe the software for this recall is scheduled to be released until the middle of this month. If you read back through the thread, you will see more detail. Thanks
 

JFR0317

Well-known member
First Name
John
Joined
Feb 10, 2021
Threads
1
Messages
134
Reaction score
147
Location
Houston
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 PowerBoost
The service manager at my dealer texted me to tell me there was a recall to "reprogram integrated trailer relay module" and has scheduled me an appointment for this Friday the 8th. I'll report back whether they are actually able to get it done this early.
 

JFR0317

Well-known member
First Name
John
Joined
Feb 10, 2021
Threads
1
Messages
134
Reaction score
147
Location
Houston
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 PowerBoost
For what's worth, I've received the Power-Up updates through 2.5.3 via the first wave of the early access program. My truck was built in December 2020.
 
OP
OP
BlackSheep

BlackSheep

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 21, 2021
Threads
3
Messages
124
Reaction score
69
Location
Indiana
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost (Job 2)
The service manager at my dealer texted me to tell me there was a recall to "reprogram integrated trailer relay module" and has scheduled me an appointment for this Friday the 8th. I'll report back whether they are actually able to get it done this early.
There is a TRM update from February to fix the alarm going off when a trailer is attached. We are seeing confusion between this update and the recall. We haven't seen the software update released to FDRS for the recall. Just something to note.
 

Sponsored


JEB

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 15, 2021
Threads
1
Messages
1,985
Reaction score
1,984
Location
US
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
There is a TRM update from February to fix the alarm going off when a trailer is attached. We are seeing confusion between this update and the recall. We haven't seen the software update released to FDRS for the recall. Just something to note.
I was at my dealer this morning for routine maintenance. I hard a hard time getting him to understand this. He finally got it when I told him to punch into FDRS and do a network scan. Guess what? No software showed up because I already had the February update. Then he got it.
 

Truman

Well-known member
First Name
Truman
Joined
Mar 12, 2021
Threads
5
Messages
59
Reaction score
37
Location
Georgia
Vehicles
2021 150 Powerbost King Ranch
Occupation
Retired state trooper
My trailer braking system had been malfunctioning also and thought it was my trailer. Found this thread and called my dealer. He said bring it up and we will install the update. I did and now the truck stops completely different that it did before the update. I understand this was a trailer brake problem but my truck will stand you on your nose when i put on the brakes now???? I'm not complaining about the brakes but after the update they work about twice as good. Had anyone else had the update done and noticed a difference it the stopping of the truck ??
 

JFR0317

Well-known member
First Name
John
Joined
Feb 10, 2021
Threads
1
Messages
134
Reaction score
147
Location
Houston
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 PowerBoost
There is a TRM update from February to fix the alarm going off when a trailer is attached. We are seeing confusion between this update and the recall. We haven't seen the software update released to FDRS for the recall. Just something to note.
I had seen that in another thread. I'm thinking I may be making another trip back to the dealer in a few weeks.

Edit: I just sent a text to the service manager asking her to double-check the availability of the proper version of the update and telling her I don't mind waiting two weeks or so to be sure the get the correct version.
 
Last edited:

Fordphanatic

Well-known member
First Name
Mike
Joined
Mar 6, 2021
Threads
15
Messages
669
Reaction score
624
Location
Boothwyn
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
A serious admin problem indeed as they mark the recall complete/finished and the potential for failure is still there.
I would hope that Ford would not allow the recall to be cleared from Oasis before the software is released. None the less it sounds like its going to be an issue! For those of us FDRS junkies whats the solution for getting the recall cleared if we apply the update ourselves. Or do we need to show restraint and just let the dealer apply the one update when released so we can get the recall cleared from our vins?
 

JFR0317

Well-known member
First Name
John
Joined
Feb 10, 2021
Threads
1
Messages
134
Reaction score
147
Location
Houston
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 PowerBoost
I had seen that in another thread. I'm thinking I may be making another trip back to the dealer in a few weeks.

Edit: I just sent a text to the service manager asking her to double-check the availability of the proper version of the update and telling her I don't mind waiting two weeks or so to be sure the get the correct version.
For what it's worth, she just texted me back saying that she "is showing the programming was released March 29th." That said, I trust you guys with FDRS access to have accurate information about whether it's actually available for installation yet.
Sponsored

 
 







Top