Sponsored

Purchasing a 12” cluster

PFXLT

Well-known member
First Name
AA Ron
Joined
Nov 11, 2022
Threads
33
Messages
296
Reaction score
138
Location
Idaho
Vehicles
2021 F150
Hey yall, any way to tell from pictures if a 12” cluster is legit or some Chinese knockoff? Found one online, the seller is cool with PayPal g&s but trying to avoid the hassle if I can.

Thanks for any tips or info.
Sponsored

 

Abraham5G

Well-known member
First Name
Abraham
Joined
Nov 22, 2022
Threads
13
Messages
513
Reaction score
350
Location
Houston, TX
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Platinum BAP Star White EcoBoost
How do you get the mileage to mach your old cluster?
 

Highway 11

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 29, 2022
Threads
38
Messages
525
Reaction score
1,076
Location
Canada
Vehicles
'23 F-150, '24 Bronco

Sponsored

OP
OP

PFXLT

Well-known member
First Name
AA Ron
Joined
Nov 11, 2022
Threads
33
Messages
296
Reaction score
138
Location
Idaho
Vehicles
2021 F150
New cluster programmed to your liking with a 2 year warranty and prompt support. What's not to like?
I hear you. Prolly the way I’ll go when ready. The deal I was looking at has a bezel and what I thought was the 24 and newer xlt dash pad. Turned out to not be case.
 

Ajzride

Well-known member
First Name
Alan
Joined
Jun 6, 2021
Threads
28
Messages
1,986
Reaction score
2,320
Location
Houston
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
Automation
I hear you. Prolly the way I’ll go when ready. The deal I was looking at has a bezel and what I thought was the 24 and newer xlt dash pad. Turned out to not be case.
Keep in mind if you install hardware not spec'ed for your truck, you'll never get an OTA and even FDRS will get confused and not release updates to you.

I believe if you buy from infotainment.com they will send you the updates as you need them. it costs more but keeps you up to date.

Also on a 2024 you will have to deal with TRON (encryption) key pairing to get a new module to work (not an issue if your profile is right and you have a 2021).
Sponsored

 
 







Top