Sponsored

Don't buy rain / wind guards from Geartronics

My New Baby

Member
First Name
Tom
Joined
Feb 4, 2023
Threads
3
Messages
13
Reaction score
7
Location
Broomfield, Colorado
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
Retired
I recently purchased a set of Geartronics in channel Rain guards for my 2022 F 150 Lariat. DON'T BUY THESE. One cracked during install and another broke in the car wash. I would like to know of a better set of rain guards without spending $100 or more. Any suggestions?
Sponsored

 

powerboatr

Well-known member
First Name
Robert
Joined
May 9, 2022
Threads
173
Messages
4,343
Reaction score
5,427
Location
North East Texas, Piney Woods
Vehicles
2024 F250 King Ranch Chrome
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
i had weather techs on almost all of my last vehicles,
i found a set from westin that look just like weathertechs and installed easy enough
 

DT444T

Well-known member
First Name
Jake
Joined
Dec 29, 2021
Threads
4
Messages
471
Reaction score
432
Location
Michigan
Vehicles
21 AMB Powerboost Lariat
Occupation
Meat servo
Yeah I wouldn't buy any brand that isn't AVS (Auto Vent Shade) or Weather Tech.

"GearTronics" screams "cool buzzwords" and not "quality" to me.

Thanks for reviewing them for us (y)


I suggest these:
https://www.autoventshade.com/window-protection/2021/ford/f-150/truck/products

They're even having a 10% off sale. Personally, I don't care for the in-channel. The only time I've had a stick-on one fail was when the vehicle came to a rest on its roof.
 
OP
OP
My New Baby

My New Baby

Member
First Name
Tom
Joined
Feb 4, 2023
Threads
3
Messages
13
Reaction score
7
Location
Broomfield, Colorado
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
Retired
Thanks guys. I found some shatterproof ones on eBay at a decent price. Westin doesn't have in channel and Weather Tech doesn't have them for a 2022 F 150.
 

Sponsored

powerboatr

Well-known member
First Name
Robert
Joined
May 9, 2022
Threads
173
Messages
4,343
Reaction score
5,427
Location
North East Texas, Piney Woods
Vehicles
2024 F250 King Ranch Chrome
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
Thanks guys. I found some shatterproof ones on eBay at a decent price. Westin doesn't have in channel and Weather Tech doesn't have them for a 2022 F 150.
westin has them for 22s 21 and 22 are same same these are mine

Ford F-150 Don't buy rain / wind guards from Geartronics 20220519_150305
 

DT444T

Well-known member
First Name
Jake
Joined
Dec 29, 2021
Threads
4
Messages
471
Reaction score
432
Location
Michigan
Vehicles
21 AMB Powerboost Lariat
Occupation
Meat servo
AVS also has in-channel...
 

mikey1988

Active member
First Name
MIke
Joined
Sep 27, 2022
Threads
9
Messages
37
Reaction score
17
Location
norfolk, ontario, canada
Vehicles
'21 Ford F150 XLT fx4 reg cab V8, '79 Ford Granada
Occupation
steel mill worker
i have the avs in channel ones had to do the reprogram for the windows after the install and any time the battery is disconnected but other than that they are great

here is the procedure

If you have disconnected the battery, you must reset the bounce-back memory separately for each window.
Carry out all steps within 30 seconds of starting the sequence.
  1. Close the window.
  1. Press and hold the window control switch until the window is fully open.Keep the switch pressed for a few seconds.
  1. Lift and hold the switch until the window is fully closed.Keep the switch held for a few seconds.
  1. Press and hold the switch until the window is fully open.Keep the switch pressed for a few seconds.
  1. Lift and hold the switch until the window is fully closed.Keep the switch held for a few seconds.
Note: Repeat the procedure if the window does not close when you use one-touch.
 

Big Cam

Well-known member
First Name
Nick
Joined
Oct 10, 2022
Threads
18
Messages
478
Reaction score
438
Location
North Dakota
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402a
Occupation
Support Engineer
Are these pretty much for smokers? I don't understand the point if them otherwise.
 

Eskram

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 19, 2022
Threads
50
Messages
1,196
Reaction score
2,179
Location
Fl
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB 502a
I'm an ex-smoker and just got used to having a window cracked; partially for fresh air and partially because I like to hear what's going on outside.

Plus it rains a shitload here and I've accidentally left my windows cracked open in the past..
 

Sponsored


OP
OP
My New Baby

My New Baby

Member
First Name
Tom
Joined
Feb 4, 2023
Threads
3
Messages
13
Reaction score
7
Location
Broomfield, Colorado
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
Retired
Are these pretty much for smokers? I don't understand the point if them otherwise.
I smoke small cigars but never in my cars or trucks. I like these for a bit of fresh air. Cracking your windows a bit also helps your AC work better.
 

DT444T

Well-known member
First Name
Jake
Joined
Dec 29, 2021
Threads
4
Messages
471
Reaction score
432
Location
Michigan
Vehicles
21 AMB Powerboost Lariat
Occupation
Meat servo
Are these pretty much for smokers? I don't understand the point if them otherwise.
I use them to be able to leave the windows cracked when I park, especially in the summer, and not have to worry about rain getting in.
 

Big Cam

Well-known member
First Name
Nick
Joined
Oct 10, 2022
Threads
18
Messages
478
Reaction score
438
Location
North Dakota
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402a
Occupation
Support Engineer
I use them to be able to leave the windows cracked when I park, especially in the summer, and not have to worry about rain getting in.
Huh, I have never thought of that. I feel it's such a security risk, I've never done that.

That's a good use though!
 

DT444T

Well-known member
First Name
Jake
Joined
Dec 29, 2021
Threads
4
Messages
471
Reaction score
432
Location
Michigan
Vehicles
21 AMB Powerboost Lariat
Occupation
Meat servo
Huh, I have never thought of that. I feel it's such a security risk, I've never done that.

That's a good use though!
Well the good thing is that you can't actually see that the window is cracked. I guess you could assume that vehicles with vent shades might have the window cracked.

Normally, if I am street parked somewhere other than my small town, I will only vent the windows that are away from the sidewalk; so on the street side of the vehicle. That was passers by don't have an opportunity to see the opened window.
 

Big Cam

Well-known member
First Name
Nick
Joined
Oct 10, 2022
Threads
18
Messages
478
Reaction score
438
Location
North Dakota
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402a
Occupation
Support Engineer
Well the good thing is that you can't actually see that the window is cracked. I guess you could assume that vehicles with vent shades might have the window cracked.

Normally, if I am street parked somewhere other than my small town, I will only vent the windows that are away from the sidewalk; so on the street side of the vehicle. That was passers by don't have an opportunity to see the opened window.
I usually leave the sunroof vented to help out on a hot summer day.
Sponsored

 
 







Top