Sponsored

CMR Module Purple

rugedraw

Well-known member
First Name
Javier
Joined
Dec 14, 2021
Threads
17
Messages
7,413
Reaction score
9,008
Location
Miami
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EB/2023 Bronco Sport Badlands/1991 Mustang 5.0 coupe
Occupation
Auto Sales
I’m using a VNCI cable. I’m out with family right now, but heading home to try the charger.
Charger won't do shit. I have a Mongoose I can mail you out today if you send me the deposit quick enough. My girl is about to go to the post office to mail one out for another member. Due to your situation, I can move you to the front of the line if you want it.
Sponsored

 

JEB

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 15, 2021
Threads
1
Messages
1,985
Reaction score
1,984
Location
US
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
@BarryT82 . Also reach out to @HammaMan . He uses the VNCI. It unfortunately bricks some modules when used with FDRS (the IPMA and evidently now the CMR) but it apparently works with FORScan Beta and he has had success recovering those modules sideloading the relevant files.
 
OP
OP
BarryT82

BarryT82

Well-known member
First Name
Barry
Joined
Jul 20, 2022
Threads
26
Messages
442
Reaction score
400
Location
WV
Vehicles
2024 F-150 Platinum
Occupation
USAF
@BarryT82 . Also reach out to @HammaMan . He uses the VNCI. It unfortunately bricks some modules when used with FDRS (the IPMA and evidently now the CMR) but it apparently works with FORScan Beta and he has had success recovering those modules sideloading the relevant files.
I’m in the process of trying it now. The voltage is definitely staying higher and consistent. It’s holding 13.5V right now in PS mode.
 

HammaMan

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 7, 2022
Threads
123
Messages
8,526
Reaction score
9,934
Location
SE US
Vehicles
2022 307a PB
@BarryT82 . Also reach out to @HammaMan . He uses the VNCI. It unfortunately bricks some modules when used with FDRS (the IPMA and evidently now the CMR) but it apparently works with FORScan Beta and he has had success recovering those modules sideloading the relevant files.
Only thing I've found to not like it is the IPMA which can be sideloaded w/ forscan in the same amount of time using the files FDRS just downloaded onto the computer.
;)
 
OP
OP
BarryT82

BarryT82

Well-known member
First Name
Barry
Joined
Jul 20, 2022
Threads
26
Messages
442
Reaction score
400
Location
WV
Vehicles
2024 F-150 Platinum
Occupation
USAF
Only thing I've found to not like it is the IPMA which can be sideloaded w/ forscan in the same amount of time using the files FDRS just downloaded onto the computer.
;)
I bought the Clore charger this morning and it’s toast. I’m going back to Napa to swap it out. I plugged it in and it started making sparking sounds. Now it keeps clicking and smells like burnt electrical.
 

Sponsored

rugedraw

Well-known member
First Name
Javier
Joined
Dec 14, 2021
Threads
17
Messages
7,413
Reaction score
9,008
Location
Miami
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EB/2023 Bronco Sport Badlands/1991 Mustang 5.0 coupe
Occupation
Auto Sales
Only thing I've found to not like it is the IPMA which can be sideloaded w/ forscan in the same amount of time using the files FDRS just downloaded onto the computer.
;)
Until you come across some shit like this: FORScan did not pull the F1DC calibration file location for this truck. Not a fun process to get this thing fixed after we tried side-loading the IPMA. Everything we tried only made things worse. PMI'd to restore it back to how it was and it wiped all the calibration data from the IPMA. If it ever happens again, now I know what to do, but what a cluster-fudge this was.

Ford F-150 CMR Module Purple 6151031
 

HammaMan

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 7, 2022
Threads
123
Messages
8,526
Reaction score
9,934
Location
SE US
Vehicles
2022 307a PB
I bought the Clore charger this morning and it’s toast. I’m going back to Napa to swap it out. I plugged it in and it started making sparking sounds. Now it keeps clicking and smells like burnt electrical.
Slave another vehicle into the equation w/ some jumper cables.
 

rugedraw

Well-known member
First Name
Javier
Joined
Dec 14, 2021
Threads
17
Messages
7,413
Reaction score
9,008
Location
Miami
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EB/2023 Bronco Sport Badlands/1991 Mustang 5.0 coupe
Occupation
Auto Sales
Slave another vehicle into the equation w/ some jumper cables.
He'll need the Mongoose anyway. I'm sending him one right now.
 

HammaMan

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 7, 2022
Threads
123
Messages
8,526
Reaction score
9,934
Location
SE US
Vehicles
2022 307a PB
OP
OP
BarryT82

BarryT82

Well-known member
First Name
Barry
Joined
Jul 20, 2022
Threads
26
Messages
442
Reaction score
400
Location
WV
Vehicles
2024 F-150 Platinum
Occupation
USAF
I received the Mongoose cable today. I ran into a few issues, but the PMI process is running now.
Sponsored

 
Last edited:
 







Top