Sponsored

CMR Module Purple

BarryT82

Well-known member
First Name
Barry
Joined
Jul 20, 2022
Threads
26
Messages
442
Reaction score
400
Location
WV
Vehicles
2024 F-150 Platinum
Occupation
USAF
I installed some updates today and the CMR module failed. I’ve tried PMI numerous times and it keeps failing near the end. Is there another way to restore the module?
Sponsored

 
Last edited:
OP
OP
BarryT82

BarryT82

Well-known member
First Name
Barry
Joined
Jul 20, 2022
Threads
26
Messages
442
Reaction score
400
Location
WV
Vehicles
2024 F-150 Platinum
Occupation
USAF
I thought that I had it fixed, but I was wrong.
 

HammaMan

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 7, 2022
Threads
123
Messages
8,526
Reaction score
9,934
Location
SE US
Vehicles
2022 307a PB
Did you try rebooting the truck?
 
OP
OP
BarryT82

BarryT82

Well-known member
First Name
Barry
Joined
Jul 20, 2022
Threads
26
Messages
442
Reaction score
400
Location
WV
Vehicles
2024 F-150 Platinum
Occupation
USAF
Did you try rebooting the truck?
Yes. It keeps going into battery save mode while it’s installing. I have a 20A charger on the battery, but it takes so long that it’s shutting down during the process. I ordered a Clore charger today that’ll be delivered Sunday. I’m hoping that fixes it.
 

Sponsored

JohnTrigger

Well-known member
First Name
John
Joined
Oct 14, 2024
Threads
3
Messages
467
Reaction score
381
Location
MD
Vehicles
‘24 F-150 STX 2.7L SCREW
You definitely need a 20A POWER SUPPLY and not just a charger. I assume Clore you bought is the 20A power supply. I hope you didn‘t “brick“ the module when it shut down a few times during the interrupted updates.
 

HammaMan

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 7, 2022
Threads
123
Messages
8,526
Reaction score
9,934
Location
SE US
Vehicles
2022 307a PB
Yes. It keeps going into battery save mode while it’s installing. I have a 20A charger on the battery, but it takes so long that it’s shutting down during the process. I ordered a Clore charger today that’ll be delivered Sunday. I’m hoping that fixes it.
Weird. I have a 15a that will run my truck indefinitely and the 5.0 the charger shuts off during updates until it it detects the batt lose a little charge. Guess they're not all built the same. Do you have another vehicle that can feed it a little more juice?

I hope you didn‘t “brick“ the module when it shut down a few times during the interrupted updates.
It's harder to brick the modules than just low voltage showing up.
 

JohnTrigger

Well-known member
First Name
John
Joined
Oct 14, 2024
Threads
3
Messages
467
Reaction score
381
Location
MD
Vehicles
‘24 F-150 STX 2.7L SCREW
BarryT82, where do you have the negative cable of the charger attached? Directly on the battery’s negative terminal?
 
OP
OP
BarryT82

BarryT82

Well-known member
First Name
Barry
Joined
Jul 20, 2022
Threads
26
Messages
442
Reaction score
400
Location
WV
Vehicles
2024 F-150 Platinum
Occupation
USAF
BarryT82, where do you have the negative cable of the charger attached? Directly on the battery’s negative terminal?
I tried it on the ground wire going to the body and the post on top of the BMS. My local Napa has a Clore 2320 and I’m going to pick it up in an hour.
 

JohnTrigger

Well-known member
First Name
John
Joined
Oct 14, 2024
Threads
3
Messages
467
Reaction score
381
Location
MD
Vehicles
‘24 F-150 STX 2.7L SCREW
OK, good, you do want it hooked up on the other side of the BMS sensor, which you evidently understand (not on the battery terminal directly). Hopefullly the Clore 2320 which is highly recommended here solves your problem of it shutting down during the update.

The Clore can show you battery voltage and capacity via toggle once you hook it up before you push the “on“ button. See what your battery is at as it sits now. If low, try letting the Clore charge the battery first to allow a “running start”, then start the FDRS update session with it in power supply mode.
 

Sponsored


JEB

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 15, 2021
Threads
1
Messages
1,985
Reaction score
1,984
Location
US
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Are you using a Mongoose? I have seen the CMR bricked using cheaper Chinese alternatives and if you are using one of these, you will probably need to get your hands on a Mongoose to fix it.
 

rugedraw

Well-known member
First Name
Javier
Joined
Dec 14, 2021
Threads
17
Messages
7,413
Reaction score
9,008
Location
Miami
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EB/2023 Bronco Sport Badlands/1991 Mustang 5.0 coupe
Occupation
Auto Sales
Are you using a Mongoose? I have seen the CMR bricked using cheaper Chinese alternatives and if you are using one of these, you will probably need to get your hands on a Mongoose to fix it.
@BarryT82 This......can you confirm whether you are using a Mongoose?
 

HammaMan

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 7, 2022
Threads
123
Messages
8,526
Reaction score
9,934
Location
SE US
Vehicles
2022 307a PB
Are you using a Mongoose? I have seen the CMR bricked using cheaper Chinese alternatives and if you are using one of these, you will probably need to get your hands on a Mongoose to fix it.
Those topdon cables will brick just about any module you try and update w/ it
 

JEB

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 15, 2021
Threads
1
Messages
1,985
Reaction score
1,984
Location
US
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Those topdon cables will brick just about any module you try and update w/ it
Agreed. Utter crap. I don’t know what cable he’s using—he won’t answer—but I suspect it’s that one.
 
OP
OP
BarryT82

BarryT82

Well-known member
First Name
Barry
Joined
Jul 20, 2022
Threads
26
Messages
442
Reaction score
400
Location
WV
Vehicles
2024 F-150 Platinum
Occupation
USAF
@BarryT82 This......can you confirm whether you are using a Mongoose?
I’m using a VNCI cable. I’m out with family right now, but heading home to try the charger.
Sponsored

 
 







Top