Sponsored

Chip hold My22 & My23

What is the status of your build?


  • Total voters
    223

Kodiak

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 27, 2022
Threads
46
Messages
2,303
Reaction score
3,131
Location
Virginia
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
Ordered 331 days ago. Spent 4 months on chip hold. 1 month in transit. But it finally got here!
Unfortunately, I was not allowed to test drive her due to the wiper blade motor recall.
I got to enjoy pushing buttons and warming up my hands on the heated steering wheel. Hopefully Ford can send the part ASAP so I can take this beauty home.

EC984E4A-5CB4-4BE3-BA6E-B178AC0F8D2C.jpeg


1A55A528-91B3-464A-A664-A12EFD297BA8.jpeg


D3B9F325-DAF7-4CB4-9C8E-B1C294BBC6ED.jpeg


ADEFCAB3-0FCB-4182-AED9-94E4810D183D.jpeg
You're going to love driving it. Congratulations! I bet that wiper motor comes fast. They want the truck out the door and the money in their pocket. :)
Sponsored

 

JeffInCOS

Well-known member
First Name
Jeff
Joined
Apr 23, 2022
Threads
0
Messages
241
Reaction score
546
Location
Colorado Springs, CO
Vehicles
2019 Lincoln Nautius BL
Occupation
Retired USAF and IT
Ordered 331 days ago. Spent 4 months on chip hold. 1 month in transit. But it finally got here!
Unfortunately, I was not allowed to test drive her due to the wiper blade motor recall.
I got to enjoy pushing buttons and warming up my hands on the heated steering wheel. Hopefully Ford can send the part ASAP so I can take this beauty home.

EC984E4A-5CB4-4BE3-BA6E-B178AC0F8D2C.jpeg
That's a good looking truck. You weren't allowed to test drive your truck? Dang, that's harsh. Was it a weather thing? After seeing this post, I asked my salesman and he assured me a test drive won't be a problem.
 

907

New member
First Name
John
Joined
Dec 12, 2022
Threads
0
Messages
3
Reaction score
18
Location
Alaska
Vehicles
2002 Subaru. Waiting on my F150
That's a good looking truck. You weren't allowed to test drive your truck? Dang, that's harsh. Was it a weather thing? After seeing this post, I asked my salesman and he assured me a test drive won't be a problem.
I was surprised too. I was told it is a safety issue, but as it was sunny I would not need them and the current motor worked fine.

The sales manager was a firm no on a test drive. I had to sign a purchase agreement before “Ford” allows them to order the part.

I will be sure to test drive it once the motor is replaced.
 

JimBob22

Active member
Joined
Dec 4, 2022
Threads
0
Messages
31
Reaction score
109
Location
ND
Vehicles
Ram 1500
I was surprised too. I was told it is a safety issue, but as it was sunny I would not need them and the current motor worked fine.

The sales manager was a firm no on a test drive. I had to sign a purchase agreement before “Ford” allows them to order the part.

I will be sure to test drive it once the motor is replaced.
They made me do the same thing. Surprisingly I got a call three days later and it was ready to go. Hope the same for you.
 

PPEng15

Well-known member
First Name
Jeremy
Joined
May 12, 2022
Threads
2
Messages
268
Reaction score
397
Location
Louisiana
Vehicles
2017 F150
Good looking truck. It stinks that you could not take it for a spin before "taking delivery"

My salesperson said they had to title the truck before they could order the parts for mine.

My dealer is "only" an hour away, but it will stink to have to make two trips.
 

Sponsored

OP
OP
Blackout150

Blackout150

Well-known member
First Name
Stephen
Joined
May 29, 2022
Threads
13
Messages
1,714
Reaction score
1,964
Location
Elk Grove ca
Vehicles
2013 F150 2022 F150
Good looking truck. It stinks that you could not take it for a spin before "taking delivery"

My salesperson said they had to title the truck before they could order the parts for mine.

My dealer is "only" an hour away, but it will stink to have to make two trips.
This seems weird to me. I was able to have them order the parts before my truck showed up
 

PatchManager

Well-known member
First Name
Chris
Joined
Feb 8, 2022
Threads
24
Messages
613
Reaction score
718
Location
Colorado Springs
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew
Occupation
Firmware Engineer
I am absolutely ecstatic about this truck. I haven't had a full size truck since my dad gave me his old '72 Ford when I was in high school. I got a brand new Ranger in '93. The difference in size is amazing. I bet this takes up an entire parking spot with no room to spare side-to-side or front-to-back.
That is funny. Your truck looks awesome. The last full size pickup I had was given to me by my grandfather when I was in high school in the early 80s. I have been surprised how big it feels, how getting it into my garage is not trivial, and how powerful it feels. I hope you enjoy your as much as I have enjoyed mine so far. It sounds like you may be spending more time installing accessories than driving for a while.
 

Kodiak

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 27, 2022
Threads
46
Messages
2,303
Reaction score
3,131
Location
Virginia
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
I have been surprised how big it feels, how getting it into my garage is not trivial, and how powerful it feels.
I am debating about the garage for this truck. In fact that probably will not happen and I will be depending on the PPF and ceramic coating (EXO) to protect the clear coat. I would have to do a major garage rearrangement for it to fit. Then when my wife gets a new car it will all for naught as her car will move back in.

Now the rescued dumped kitty that we have been able to get to move into the garage would probably love the nice high truck, she loves walking under vehicles, but that is low on the priority list.

Home builders need to start expanding the typical garages as they are becoming too small for these bigger trucks.

Ford F-150 Chip hold My22 & My23 DSC_0355
 

Aron

Well-known member
First Name
Aron
Joined
Jan 26, 2022
Threads
5
Messages
732
Reaction score
909
Location
Virginia
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB 4x2; '15 Expedition; '98 Ranger
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I am debating about the garage for this truck. In fact that probably will not happen and I will be depending on the PPF and ceramic coating (EXO) to protect the clear coat. I would have to do a major garage rearrangement for it to fit. Then when my wife gets a new car it will all for naught as her car will move back in.

Now the rescued dumped kitty that we have been able to get to move into the garage would probably love the nice high truck, she loves walking under vehicles, but that is low on the priority list.

Home builders need to start expanding the typical garages as they are becoming too small for these bigger trucks.
My truck is too big for my garage, too. Where are you getting the PPF/ceramic coating done? I'm just starting to research those types of things.
 

Kodiak

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 27, 2022
Threads
46
Messages
2,303
Reaction score
3,131
Location
Virginia
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
My truck is too big for my garage, too. Where are you getting the PPF/ceramic coating done? I'm just starting to research those types of things.
There is a guy in Richmond that does PPF & Ceramic and he is doing my truck. He does not advertise but you can find him listed as a dealer from the STEK website. I hope to get my truck tomorrow so I will ask him if minds if I post his info here.

I am getting a full front end and the pillars and roof with Suntek PPF. $2K. This is going to be a sacrificial layer to soak up the UV to protect the clear coat from the VA sun. The gameplan is to pull it off in 7+ years and evaluate what I plan to do with the truck at that time. Maybe redo it if I plan to keep it.

The EXO I plan to do myself. We will see if I want to go with Crystal Cerum Ultimate and have this guy do it. This will be the UV blocker for the paint that is not covered by the PPF so I want to be a little more hands on with this step.
 

Sponsored


Aron

Well-known member
First Name
Aron
Joined
Jan 26, 2022
Threads
5
Messages
732
Reaction score
909
Location
Virginia
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB 4x2; '15 Expedition; '98 Ranger
Occupation
Civil Engineer
There is a guy in Richmond that does PPF & Ceramic and he is doing my truck. He does not advertise but you can find him listed as a dealer from the STEK website. I hope to get my truck tomorrow so I will ask him if minds if I post his info here.

I am getting a full front end and the pillars and roof with Suntek PPF. $2K. This is going to be a sacrificial layer to soak up the UV to protect the clear coat from the VA sun. The gameplan is to pull it off in 7+ years and evaluate what I plan to do with the truck at that time. Maybe redo it if I plan to keep it.

The EXO I plan to do myself. We will see if I want to go with Crystal Cerum Ultimate and have this guy do it. This will be the UV blocker for the paint that is not covered by the PPF so I want to be a little more hands on with this step.
Very helpful! Thanks!!
 

RB3

Member
First Name
Ron
Joined
May 28, 2022
Threads
0
Messages
8
Reaction score
3
Location
Charleston, SC
Vehicles
F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Retired Military
For those of you who have gotten your trucks this month, any extra incentives given? Any floating around since 2023s are hitting the lots?
 

bfastr

Well-known member
First Name
Bob
Joined
Jun 28, 2022
Threads
7
Messages
631
Reaction score
988
Location
Nashville
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch 5.0 V8
I am debating about the garage for this truck. In fact that probably will not happen and I will be depending on the PPF and ceramic coating (EXO) to protect the clear coat. I would have to do a major garage rearrangement for it to fit. Then when my wife gets a new car it will all for naught as her car will move back in.

Now the rescued dumped kitty that we have been able to get to move into the garage would probably love the nice high truck, she loves walking under vehicles, but that is low on the priority list.

Home builders need to start expanding the typical garages as they are becoming too small for these bigger trucks.

DSC_0355.JPG

I agree, in my 2001 built house (not a custom ) If I back up against the inside wall hard, set the parking brake and make sure I am between hinges on the door, its in. but then nothing else comes in with it! are trucks getting too big, or builders saving a few bricks?

Ford F-150 Chip hold My22 & My23 IMG_6524
 

bfastr

Well-known member
First Name
Bob
Joined
Jun 28, 2022
Threads
7
Messages
631
Reaction score
988
Location
Nashville
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch 5.0 V8
For those of you who have gotten your trucks this month, any extra incentives given? Any floating around since 2023s are hitting the lots?
I was offered NO incentives, no deals if I bought any extended service or warranty and then given an interest rate I dont want to repeat...
 

Happy1286

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 29, 2022
Threads
11
Messages
230
Reaction score
240
Location
Kansas
Vehicles
22 F-150 (eventually)
Alright, who am I meeting at Granger Thursday morning? Chip said someone else is flying in that morning that I'm gonna catch the shuttle from the airport with. I'm guessing it's someone on here!?
Sponsored

 
 







Top