Sponsored

Chip hold My22 & My23

What is the status of your build?


  • Total voters
    223

GrampsBoost

Well-known member
First Name
Mark
Joined
Sep 14, 2022
Threads
0
Messages
121
Reaction score
297
Location
St Paul
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum PB 2021 Explorer S/T 2018 F150
Occupation
Business Owner
Just A FYI. I read on another forum to have the rear diff check. There have been reports they are low. Had my first oil change today at 1K miles. Had them check diff. 3/4 of a quart low on oil. Heading to Florida to get out of the cold Thursday Morning. Driving the truck.
Sponsored

 

Grafx36510

Well-known member
First Name
Rob
Joined
Apr 18, 2022
Threads
4
Messages
865
Reaction score
1,048
Location
NY
Vehicles
2019 F150 XLT 302A/2022 F150 Tremor 402A
Occupation
The guy that everyone b*&%ches to at work...
This is serious business. These wiper motors are for sold trucks only. Ford is keeping them close hold. Well, except for @Blackout150 he got his early. But he is the man!
I get the limited availability, I deal with that daily, but I’m not sure I’m going to sign for a title without being able to take the truck home. Dealer can’t sell it til they fix it or it’s a pretty big fine ($21,000 is what I believe the NHTSA disclosure said). I’m fairly certain that Ford has some parts availability so that dealers can move inventory, special order or otherwise.
 

GrampsBoost

Well-known member
First Name
Mark
Joined
Sep 14, 2022
Threads
0
Messages
121
Reaction score
297
Location
St Paul
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum PB 2021 Explorer S/T 2018 F150
Occupation
Business Owner
Both of my trucks need wiper motors. They are on order. Picked up trucks before the hold. They will be in when we get back..
 

JeffInCOS

Well-known member
First Name
Jeff
Joined
Apr 23, 2022
Threads
0
Messages
241
Reaction score
546
Location
Colorado Springs, CO
Vehicles
2019 Lincoln Nautius BL
Occupation
Retired USAF and IT
Just A FYI. I read on another forum to have the rear diff check. There have been reports they are low. Had my first oil change today at 1K miles. Had them check diff. 3/4 of a quart low on oil. Heading to Florida to get out of the cold Thursday Morning. Driving the truck.
Thanks for that heads up!!

Be safe and enjoy the ride and the warmth.
 

Kodiak

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 27, 2022
Threads
46
Messages
2,303
Reaction score
3,131
Location
Virginia
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
That's a pretty kitty!!!
HA! That poor kitty had a real rough time for a while. She is a dumped cat (someone moved or got tired of her) and then was poisoned. That is why her head is always crooked now. She has muscular problems from the poisoning and sometimes loses her spacial awareness and falls down, but she gets right back up like a total trooper. It took time to build up trust and get her to go in the garage, but now she loves it and has her own bed, food, water and is warm at night. She even got picky with her food. No Friskies for her she only wants Blue Buffalo. $$$
 

Sponsored

Meathead

Well-known member
First Name
Rick
Joined
Oct 26, 2022
Threads
0
Messages
277
Reaction score
572
Location
Wisconsin
Vehicles
2018 Edge, 2017 Transit. 2019 F150, maybe 22 F150
Just A FYI. I read on another forum to have the rear diff check. There have been reports they are low. Had my first oil change today at 1K miles. Had them check diff. 3/4 of a quart low on oil. Heading to Florida to get out of the cold Thursday Morning. Driving the truck.
Enjoy the drive and warm weather, you can even wash your truck down there! I washed mine the other day and even with the tonneau cover the bed is a sheet of ice. Tailgate must leak like a sieve.
 

JeffInCOS

Well-known member
First Name
Jeff
Joined
Apr 23, 2022
Threads
0
Messages
241
Reaction score
546
Location
Colorado Springs, CO
Vehicles
2019 Lincoln Nautius BL
Occupation
Retired USAF and IT
I get the limited availability, I deal with that daily, but I’m not sure I’m going to sign for a title without being able to take the truck home. Dealer can’t sell it til they fix it or it’s a pretty big fine ($21,000 is what I believe the NHTSA disclosure said). I’m fairly certain that Ford has some parts availability so that dealers can move inventory, special order or otherwise.
It's crazy right? I'm not sure I can take much more nonsense from this whole experience, but I've got to see the finance guy tomorrow. I'm pretty sure he can add insult to injury.
 

Grafx36510

Well-known member
First Name
Rob
Joined
Apr 18, 2022
Threads
4
Messages
865
Reaction score
1,048
Location
NY
Vehicles
2019 F150 XLT 302A/2022 F150 Tremor 402A
Occupation
The guy that everyone b*&%ches to at work...
It's crazy right? I'm not sure I can take much more nonsense from this whole experience, but I've got to see the finance guy tomorrow. I'm pretty sure he can add insult to injury.
If anyone can, it’s definitely the finance guy.

My whole spiel is based on the fact that whether or not you’re taking physical possession (driving home with it) you’ll be on the hook for the payments and insurance on a vehicle that they can prioritize the repair at their whim that can’t leave their lot. You’ve waited a long time, my friend, I want to see you get that truck. But don’t let them eff you over.
 

GrampsBoost

Well-known member
First Name
Mark
Joined
Sep 14, 2022
Threads
0
Messages
121
Reaction score
297
Location
St Paul
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum PB 2021 Explorer S/T 2018 F150
Occupation
Business Owner
Enjoy the drive and warm weather, you can even wash your truck down there! I washed mine the other day and even with the tonneau cover the bed is a sheet of ice. Tailgate must leak like a sieve.
Dealer washed the truck. It was a dirty white color from all the salt
 
OP
OP
Blackout150

Blackout150

Well-known member
First Name
Stephen
Joined
May 29, 2022
Threads
13
Messages
1,714
Reaction score
1,964
Location
Elk Grove ca
Vehicles
2013 F150 2022 F150
Ok. Today was the first real day I got to drive it for the day. Was in San Diego for the weeekend. Let’s start how my dealer experience went. Got there and they couldn’t find my original order invoice. Of course my brother was in meetings in Dallas so no go from him. They ended up just giving me the truck and are sending me the paperwork. Ended up that the general manager of the ford dealership was so embarrassed about the whole thing she threw in my service plan for free. Omg. It wasn’t that bad but ok. Sticker on the truck is a little under 75k. Ended up getting it at D plan for $65245. Very happy about that.

Now onto the truck. This thing is sick. I had a 2013 and thought that was nice. This thing is ridiculous. Getting over 21 miles to the galllon. Sometimes even more. Did the adaptive cruise and it’s crazy how it works. Stereo sounds great to me but I don’t need much. Seats are amazing and my fit and finishes were all really good. No rust on the rear differential. All around it’s a beautiful truck. Extremely happy and definitely worth the wait. Still got a bunch more to learn but I’m getting there. Just wanted to give you guys a update!
 

Sponsored


PPEng15

Well-known member
First Name
Jeremy
Joined
May 12, 2022
Threads
2
Messages
268
Reaction score
397
Location
Louisiana
Vehicles
2017 F150
Same! Definitely getting longer, but builders aren't adapting to vehicle size, either. Plus they make trucker decisions like putting stairs in the middle of the 2 car garage so it sucks up 4 feet from each side... Then IF you can get your other car in, you should be able to get the truck in too. But you'll both have to stay in your cars because at this point, there's no other room in the garage to move!
I am a little late to the party, but my last house was similar. My wife drove in and I backed in, so that I could open my door, in what little space there was between the truck and wall. Hit the electrical panel several times scratching the door lip.
Our vehicles were so close that all we had was the height difference between the two for the mirrors to clear.
I do not know how many times I hit that back wall, scaring the crape out of the wife!
New house, not a problem. Planned accordingly!
 
OP
OP
Blackout150

Blackout150

Well-known member
First Name
Stephen
Joined
May 29, 2022
Threads
13
Messages
1,714
Reaction score
1,964
Location
Elk Grove ca
Vehicles
2013 F150 2022 F150
I think you are the weird one. Some how or another, you didn't get the ultimatum, buy it but you can't have it until we fix it. But you are right, it does sound weird. At least I'm not like 907 who couldn't even test drive his truck.
Brother is VP of sales for the dealer group. He just had them ordered. Always about who you know not what?
 

JeffInCOS

Well-known member
First Name
Jeff
Joined
Apr 23, 2022
Threads
0
Messages
241
Reaction score
546
Location
Colorado Springs, CO
Vehicles
2019 Lincoln Nautius BL
Occupation
Retired USAF and IT
Brother is VP of sales for the dealer group. He just had them ordered. Always about who you know not what?
Exactly. That's pretty damn cool!! You got a screamin' deal. Wow, very nice.
 

WestlakeHorn

Well-known member
Joined
May 14, 2022
Threads
1
Messages
134
Reaction score
198
Location
Austin, Texas
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 (on order)
I think you are the weird one. Some how or another, you didn't get the ultimatum, buy it but you can't have it until we fix it. But you are right, it does sound weird. At least I'm not like 907 who couldn't even test drive his truck.
Actually, my experience was the same as Blackout. Dealer was going to fix the wiper recall before I could show up and sign for the truck. Dealer has to fix it either way, so I don’t know why he would have needed my signature. He couldn’t stick on the lot with a recall in place.

Edit: That said, the finance guy was a d-bag. He tried to add $7k for the ESP and maintenance plans. I explained to him that I could get both through Granger for a fraction of that amount and without the hard sell. I thought he might stand up and punch me. Needless to say, I‘m going to punish that fool on my dealer review
 
OP
OP
Blackout150

Blackout150

Well-known member
First Name
Stephen
Joined
May 29, 2022
Threads
13
Messages
1,714
Reaction score
1,964
Location
Elk Grove ca
Vehicles
2013 F150 2022 F150
 







Top