Sponsored

Adding Co-Pilot Assist 2.0 with Forscan?

mrtull

Well-known member
First Name
Jeffrey
Joined
Dec 14, 2022
Threads
23
Messages
253
Reaction score
174
Location
Socorro, NM
Vehicles
2024 XLT PB 302A in Darkened Bronze Metallic, 2023 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Teacher
Yes, if you replace the bumper harness with the new one that connector will be there. Make sure you're prewired at the IPMA connector first, if so you'll just need the bumper harness.
Thanks for the reminder.... I checked once and confirmed I had them but I'll likely check again just to make sure.
Sponsored

 

Oakstone

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 10, 2022
Threads
25
Messages
273
Reaction score
145
Location
Victoria, BC Canada
Vehicles
22 F-150 PB XLT 302A
One last sanity check before I push the "Pay Now" button for the parts!

I have a Powerboost, so just ensuring that it is indeed the same MA harness that has been referenced. :)

I've verified the wires to the bumper from the IPMA.

Look correct?

Ford F-150 Adding Co-Pilot Assist 2.0 with Forscan? 1712777988673-td
 
Last edited:

superfordman

Well-known member
First Name
Troy
Joined
Jun 29, 2021
Threads
1
Messages
949
Reaction score
923
Location
NE CO
Vehicles
2024 Raptor 801A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
One last sanity check before I push the "Pay Now" button for the parts!

I have a Powerboost, so just ensuring that it is indeed the same MA harness that has been referenced. :)

I've verified the wires to the bumper from the IPMA.

Look correct?
Yep, you got it. I'm not familiar with that bolt, its just a basic 10mm flange bolts that hold it in so nothing fancy.

I'd highly suggest the steering wheel switch as well as you'll most likely want it eventually to adjust distance.
 

Oakstone

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 10, 2022
Threads
25
Messages
273
Reaction score
145
Location
Victoria, BC Canada
Vehicles
22 F-150 PB XLT 302A
Yep, you got it. I'm not familiar with that bolt, its just a basic 10mm flange bolts that hold it in so nothing fancy.

I'd highly suggest the steering wheel switch as well as you'll most likely want it eventually to adjust distance.
I’m a little leery of mucking with the wheel haha. But I guess it can’t hurt to throw it in the order for when I get braver.
 
Last edited:

Oakstone

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 10, 2022
Threads
25
Messages
273
Reaction score
145
Location
Victoria, BC Canada
Vehicles
22 F-150 PB XLT 302A
Allrighty, parts are on the way! My friend who is going to help me is keen to try the switch at the same time, so I guess we're all in haha
 

Sponsored

ReverendQ

Well-known member
First Name
Kevin
Joined
Mar 26, 2023
Threads
18
Messages
640
Reaction score
727
Location
SoCal
Website
www.linkedin.com
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT PowerBoost 302A Avalanche BAP
Occupation
Engineer
Allrighty, parts are on the way! My friend who is going to help me is keen to try the switch at the same time, so I guess we're all in haha
@Oakstone , I got a sheepish grin when I read your trepidation about the steering wheel switch. I was right there myself, see posts #699 and then #700. Hopefully it will provide you with the comfort to proceed confidently. :)
 

mrtull

Well-known member
First Name
Jeffrey
Joined
Dec 14, 2022
Threads
23
Messages
253
Reaction score
174
Location
Socorro, NM
Vehicles
2024 XLT PB 302A in Darkened Bronze Metallic, 2023 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Teacher
I’m a little leery of mucking with the wheel haha. But I guess it can’t hurt to throw it in the order for when I get braver.
Same hesitation here. I want to do it because it feels incomplete if I don't. :)
 

Oakstone

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 10, 2022
Threads
25
Messages
273
Reaction score
145
Location
Victoria, BC Canada
Vehicles
22 F-150 PB XLT 302A
Same hesitation here. I want to do it because it feels incomplete if I don't. :)
After watching some videos I’m feeling a lot more confident. I’m the same in wanting it to feel complete. I added rain sensing wipers and replaced the wiper stalk just for the little silkscreened “A” at the bottom haha.
 

mrtull

Well-known member
First Name
Jeffrey
Joined
Dec 14, 2022
Threads
23
Messages
253
Reaction score
174
Location
Socorro, NM
Vehicles
2024 XLT PB 302A in Darkened Bronze Metallic, 2023 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Teacher
I added rain sensing wipers and replaced the wiper stalk just for the little silkscreened “A” at the bottom haha.
? I bookmarked a thread on this because I was thinking it would be icing on the cake. I'm still bummed I have to replace IPMA to get front sensors so trying to console myself
 

Oakstone

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 10, 2022
Threads
25
Messages
273
Reaction score
145
Location
Victoria, BC Canada
Vehicles
22 F-150 PB XLT 302A
? I bookmarked a thread on this because I was thinking it would be icing on the cake. I'm still bummed I have to replace IPMA to get front sensors so trying to console myself
Yeah me too. Strange to get the 360 cams and not the chips for the front sensors. I am going to pass on replacing the IPMA.

Boy I wish when they informed me of my Nav Delete that I asked more deeply about other features. The dealer said nothing else was affected and even left Cruise 2.0 on my invoice lol. They didn’t know it was missing until I was doing the pickup and said “uhh where the cruise gap button?”

If given the option of waiting a few more months to get the actual truck I ordered, I would have preferred that to the “deleted” version, especially considering I had never bought a new vehicle before and figured I’d do a bit of a once in a lifetime custom order.
 

Sponsored


Oakstone

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 10, 2022
Threads
25
Messages
273
Reaction score
145
Location
Victoria, BC Canada
Vehicles
22 F-150 PB XLT 302A
@superfordman

I was backing up all my As-Built's today in preparation for getting things going and figured I'd troll through the easy-mode settings to make sure I understood and could find everything from your spreadsheet. I'm a bit confused about some of the settings highlighted in green.

Am I looking for the bold words on the sheet for the plain English from the easy-mode menus?

ABS - I don't seem to have an "easy mode" for ABS, just an as-built selection. Is this expected or should I see a "module configuration" next to the as-built?

APIM - Electric Horizon - There is nothing called this in the easy-mode menu. Does it activate when I enable something else like TSR?

I get especially lost at the IPMA. Are you using shortened acronyms for the words here? For example, the first line item in the screenshot below, would I be looking for "distance alert"?

The second one, am I looking for Traffic Sign Recognition (change to SLIF) and Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control (change to enabled)?

Third one I am guessing is Traffic Jam Assist?

The one below that I'm totally stumped. TAD? EMH?

Ford F-150 Adding Co-Pilot Assist 2.0 with Forscan? 1713138022175-vq


I've made a bunch of other Forscan changes following your "common" easy mode stuff, but just want to be very careful with this mod.

Thanks!
 

ReverendQ

Well-known member
First Name
Kevin
Joined
Mar 26, 2023
Threads
18
Messages
640
Reaction score
727
Location
SoCal
Website
www.linkedin.com
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT PowerBoost 302A Avalanche BAP
Occupation
Engineer
@superfordman

I was backing up all my As-Built's today in preparation for getting things going and figured I'd troll through the easy-mode settings to make sure I understood and could find everything from your spreadsheet. I'm a bit confused about some of the settings highlighted in green.

Am I looking for the bold words on the sheet for the plain English from the easy-mode menus?

ABS - I don't seem to have an "easy mode" for ABS, just an as-built selection. Is this expected or should I see a "module configuration" next to the as-built?

APIM - Electric Horizon - There is nothing called this in the easy-mode menu. Does it activate when I enable something else like TSR?

I get especially lost at the IPMA. Are you using shortened acronyms for the words here? For example, the first line item in the screenshot below, would I be looking for "distance alert"?

The second one, am I looking for Traffic Sign Recognition (change to SLIF) and Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control (change to enabled)?

Third one I am guessing is Traffic Jam Assist?

The one below that I'm totally stumped. TAD? EMH?

1713138022175-vq.png


I've made a bunch of other Forscan changes following your "common" easy mode stuff, but just want to be very careful with this mod.

Thanks!
Oakstone,
Do your backups of AsBuilt, not Easy Mode. I suggest take a moment and get all of them, not just what will be changing. Also, get the total file from the Motocraft site. And if really curious, get a program called AsBuilt Explorer and start looking at the files vs. the spreadsheet.
I sent you my changes when gonig through this progress since I too have a 302A.
Good luck, ReverendQ
 

Oakstone

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 10, 2022
Threads
25
Messages
273
Reaction score
145
Location
Victoria, BC Canada
Vehicles
22 F-150 PB XLT 302A
Oakstone,
Do your backups of AsBuilt, not Easy Mode. I suggest take a moment and get all of them, not just what will be changing. Also, get the total file from the Motocraft site. And if really curious, get a program called AsBuilt Explorer and start looking at the files vs. the spreadsheet.
I sent you my changes when gonig through this progress since I too have a 302A.
Good luck, ReverendQ
Cool thanks!

I did save all my as builts as the backup, including the modules not included. I have a bunch of existing changes like silent mode, remote windows, etc that I want to take a snapshot of before I do the IACC.
 

ReverendQ

Well-known member
First Name
Kevin
Joined
Mar 26, 2023
Threads
18
Messages
640
Reaction score
727
Location
SoCal
Website
www.linkedin.com
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT PowerBoost 302A Avalanche BAP
Occupation
Engineer
Good idea ...
Ford F-150 Adding Co-Pilot Assist 2.0 with Forscan? Screenshot 2024-04-14 194005
 

superfordman

Well-known member
First Name
Troy
Joined
Jun 29, 2021
Threads
1
Messages
949
Reaction score
923
Location
NE CO
Vehicles
2024 Raptor 801A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
@superfordman

I was backing up all my As-Built's today in preparation for getting things going and figured I'd troll through the easy-mode settings to make sure I understood and could find everything from your spreadsheet. I'm a bit confused about some of the settings highlighted in green.

Am I looking for the bold words on the sheet for the plain English from the easy-mode menus?
Yes, it is a bit tricky since I didn't put the actual term in there since we started from all asbuilt changes at the beginning then more easy mode changes became available to utilize.

ABS - I don't seem to have an "easy mode" for ABS, just an as-built selection. Is this expected or should I see a "module configuration" next to the as-built?
There isn't one so you need to modify the asbuilt.

APIM - Electric Horizon - There is nothing called this in the easy-mode menu. Does it activate when I enable something else like TSR?
Another one that needs to be change in the asbuilt.

I get especially lost at the IPMA. Are you using shortened acronyms for the words here? For example, the first line item in the screenshot below, would I be looking for "distance alert"?
This is all straight out of the main forscan sheet so takes some getting use to and interpretation.

The second one, am I looking for Traffic Sign Recognition (change to SLIF) and Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control (change to enabled)?

Third one I am guessing is Traffic Jam Assist?
Yes, you have all those correct.

The one below that I'm totally stumped. TAD? EMH?
I'm not even sure what these two are but they need enabled to make everything work.


I've made a bunch of other Forscan changes following your "common" easy mode stuff, but just want to be very careful with this mod.

Thanks!
You're on the right path, you just need to familiarize yourself with the main forscan sheet as all of this is straight from that. If there isn't an easy mode change, you need to modify the asbuilt to enabled the bolded feature for your asbuilt. Don't just put in my suggested change if your is different to start.
Sponsored

 
 







Top