Sponsored

Adding Co-Pilot Assist 2.0 with Forscan?

elcid98

Active member
First Name
John
Joined
May 8, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
37
Reaction score
58
Location
Clover, SC
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 4x4 5.0
Occupation
Escalation Engineer
I got everything installed and when I go to do any write in forscan I get service procedure interrupted error. I then tried a simple change and same error. Any time I write it either does nothing or fails with the error service procedure interrupted? I’ve loaded new profile stopped forscan… turned off truck and nothing appears to be working. Anyone see this before? I have the OBDLink EX that is recommended. Also tried updating firmware on adapter and I'm running Forscan v2.3.60 on Windows 11.
Sponsored

 
Last edited:

deagle2008

Well-known member
First Name
Jordan
Joined
Jul 13, 2023
Threads
1
Messages
96
Reaction score
47
Location
BC Canada
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Contractor
I got everything installed and when I go to do any write in forscan I get service procedure interrupted error. I then tried a simple change and same error. Any time I write it either does nothing or fails with the error service procedure interrupted? I’ve loaded new profile stopped forscan… turned off truck and nothing appears to be working. Anyone see this before? I have the OBDLink EX that is recommended. Also tried updating firmware on adapter and I'm running Forscan v2.3.60 on Windows 11.
what cable are you using?
 

elcid98

Active member
First Name
John
Joined
May 8, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
37
Reaction score
58
Location
Clover, SC
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 4x4 5.0
Occupation
Escalation Engineer
what cable are you using?
it's the OBDLink EX from the approved cables in docs. I finally got it to update after walking away for 20 minutes and reconnected it. Almost done with all the forscan changes... fingers crossed this will work.
 

elcid98

Active member
First Name
John
Joined
May 8, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
37
Reaction score
58
Location
Clover, SC
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 4x4 5.0
Occupation
Escalation Engineer
not seeing IPMA in forscan. Did I miss something?

Ford F-150 Adding Co-Pilot Assist 2.0 with Forscan? Screenshot 2024-05-30 121725
 

Je1279

Well-known member
First Name
Jared
Joined
Oct 23, 2022
Threads
36
Messages
1,213
Reaction score
1,085
Location
Upstate NY
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 5.0 SuperCrew 4x4 BAP
not seeing IPMA in forscan. Did I miss something?

Screenshot 2024-05-30 121725.png
If you removed the connecter for it, make sure the connector is seated properly and none of the pins are bent.
 

Sponsored

elcid98

Active member
First Name
John
Joined
May 8, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
37
Reaction score
58
Location
Clover, SC
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 4x4 5.0
Occupation
Escalation Engineer
Thanks I'm not sure why but now it's coming up and I made the changes.. So now I've made all the changes in forscan and double, triple checked them. I've restarted and now when I reconnect I get 2 DTCs and don't see CCW. Also I get an error that precollision assist is not available and when I put my truck in reverse I get no camera and a constant beep...Here are the codes. Any help appreciated... this is super frustrating. I backed up all my settings so maybe I just need to restore them and start over in forscan

Code: U0104 - Lost Communication With Cruise Control Module

Status (-2F):
- DTC Present at Time of Request
- Malfunction Indicator Lamp is Off for this DTC

Module: Image Processing Module A

and

Code: B15F0 - Forward Sensing Module

Additional Fault Symptom :)15):
- Circuit Short To Battery Or Open

Status (-2F):
- DTC Present at Time of Request
- Malfunction Indicator Lamp is Off for this DTC

Module: Image Processing Module A

I've cleared them and restarted but they keep coming back
 

elcid98

Active member
First Name
John
Joined
May 8, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
37
Reaction score
58
Location
Clover, SC
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 4x4 5.0
Occupation
Escalation Engineer
also just cleared and restarted and now I get 2 more dtcs

Code: C1001 - Vision System Camera

Additional Fault Symptom :)01):
- General Electrical Failure

Status (-0B):
- DTC Present at Time of Request
- Malfunction Indicator Lamp is Off for this DTC

Module: Accessory Protocol Interface Module


Code: U0415 - Invalid Data Received from Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Control Module 'A'

Status (-2F):
- DTC Present at Time of Request
- Malfunction Indicator Lamp is Off for this DTC

Module: Power Steering Control Module

Freeze Frame #1:
-STEER_ROT_SPD: 0 1/min - Steering Pinion Rotation Speed
-STEER_PIN_ANG: 117.00 ° - Steering Pinion Angle
-SSHFT_TQ_S2: 1.2 Nm - Steering Shaft Torque Sensor #2
-SW_ALIGN_OFSET: 0.00 ° - Steering Wheel Angle Alignment Offset
-ECU_POWER_SUPPLY: 12.3 V - ECU Power Supply Voltage
-ECU_INTERNAL_TEMPERATURE: 32 °C - ECU Internal Temperature
-EVENT_TIME: 30113315 s (Thu May 30 17:41:41 2024) - Event time
-TOTAL_DISTANCE: 7606 km - Total Distance
-OUTDOOR_TEMPERATURE: 86 °C - Outside temperature
-IGN_CYCL_CNTR: 221 - DID EE03 Ignition Cycle Counter
-IGN_ON_TIME: 131000.00 ms - Ignition On Time
-FINAL_MTR_TOR: 0.0 Nm - Final Motor Torque


this really sucks
 

elcid98

Active member
First Name
John
Joined
May 8, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
37
Reaction score
58
Location
Clover, SC
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 4x4 5.0
Occupation
Escalation Engineer
I'm going to restore all modules and then see if I'm still throwing any DTCs and if so I guess I'll bust out the multimeter and start looking for a short or damaged wires.
 

elcid98

Active member
First Name
John
Joined
May 8, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
37
Reaction score
58
Location
Clover, SC
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 4x4 5.0
Occupation
Escalation Engineer
latest update... I restored all my modules and restarted and it threw a bunch of DTCs and I thought I really messed up.... I cleared them and reconnected and checked them again and now it looks like I just get the 2 DTCs for incompatible steering wheel cluster

Module: Steering Column Control Module
Code: B137F - Steering Wheel Left Switch Pack
Additional Fault Symptom :)4A):
- Incorrect Component Installed

Status (-2A):
- DTC Present at Time of Request
- Malfunction Indicator Lamp is Off for this DTC

Code: U2101 - Control Module Configuration Incompatible
Status (-2A):
- DTC Present at Time of Request
- Malfunction Indicator Lamp is Off for this DTC

which I would think is expected since I swapped it and backed out the SCCM changes in forscan when I did a restore. My reverse camera is working again and I hope I just had the wrong value programmed in one of the modules in forscan. I think I'm gonna take a break and then give it another try tomorrow with forscan.
 

superfordman

Well-known member
First Name
Troy
Joined
Jun 29, 2021
Threads
1
Messages
949
Reaction score
923
Location
NE CO
Vehicles
2024 Raptor 801A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
Hey @superfordman and @Jesse-Infotainment, how long does it take for my truck to tell mothership that it now has a CCM module? I finally bought a mongoose cable and I want to install some updates but I want to do it when CCM is registered (does CCM get updates?) or it doesn't work like that? I checked the ABD and it doesn't show the CCM (764) yet.
I just depends. Most likely the CCM won't show associated to the truck one you do a network scan in FDRS. Once it does, if there is an update you should be able to do it right away.
 

Sponsored


superfordman

Well-known member
First Name
Troy
Joined
Jun 29, 2021
Threads
1
Messages
949
Reaction score
923
Location
NE CO
Vehicles
2024 Raptor 801A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
latest update... I restored all my modules and restarted and it threw a bunch of DTCs and I thought I really messed up.... I cleared them and reconnected and checked them again and now it looks like I just get the 2 DTCs for incompatible steering wheel cluster

Module: Steering Column Control Module
Code: B137F - Steering Wheel Left Switch Pack
Additional Fault Symptom :)4A):
- Incorrect Component Installed

Status (-2A):
- DTC Present at Time of Request
- Malfunction Indicator Lamp is Off for this DTC

Code: U2101 - Control Module Configuration Incompatible
Status (-2A):
- DTC Present at Time of Request
- Malfunction Indicator Lamp is Off for this DTC

which I would think is expected since I swapped it and backed out the SCCM changes in forscan when I did a restore. My reverse camera is working again and I hope I just had the wrong value programmed in one of the modules in forscan. I think I'm gonna take a break and then give it another try tomorrow with forscan.
Double and triple check all your forscan changes. Like I say in my guide, since you have an XLT, all the suggested changes might not be for your truck, so make sure you are only enabling the bold feature and that's it, do just go putting all my values in there.

So did you end up hooking everything up using the new bumper harness and everything is populated wire wise?
 

deagle2008

Well-known member
First Name
Jordan
Joined
Jul 13, 2023
Threads
1
Messages
96
Reaction score
47
Location
BC Canada
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Contractor
latest update... I restored all my modules and restarted and it threw a bunch of DTCs and I thought I really messed up.... I cleared them and reconnected and checked them again and now it looks like I just get the 2 DTCs for incompatible steering wheel cluster

Module: Steering Column Control Module
Code: B137F - Steering Wheel Left Switch Pack
Additional Fault Symptom :)4A):
- Incorrect Component Installed

Status (-2A):
- DTC Present at Time of Request
- Malfunction Indicator Lamp is Off for this DTC

Code: U2101 - Control Module Configuration Incompatible
Status (-2A):
- DTC Present at Time of Request
- Malfunction Indicator Lamp is Off for this DTC

which I would think is expected since I swapped it and backed out the SCCM changes in forscan when I did a restore. My reverse camera is working again and I hope I just had the wrong value programmed in one of the modules in forscan. I think I'm gonna take a break and then give it another try tomorrow with forscan.
you have to be patient with forscan changes. Check all of your values between as built, livinit sheet and Superfordmans sheet to make sure you have the correct values that would work for your truck. it took me an hour doing that. also when you're doing the changes do one block at a time and write it.
good luck
 

Je1279

Well-known member
First Name
Jared
Joined
Oct 23, 2022
Threads
36
Messages
1,213
Reaction score
1,085
Location
Upstate NY
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 5.0 SuperCrew 4x4 BAP
Additionally, some have mentioned that the truck needs to sit for a bit (sometimes overnight) for everything to become functional.
 

elcid98

Active member
First Name
John
Joined
May 8, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
37
Reaction score
58
Location
Clover, SC
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 4x4 5.0
Occupation
Escalation Engineer
Thanks for all the replies. Also thanks to
Double and triple check all your forscan changes. Like I say in my guide, since you have an XLT, all the suggested changes might not be for your truck, so make sure you are only enabling the bold feature and that's it, do just go putting all my values in there.

So did you end up hooking everything up using the new bumper harness and everything is populated wire wise?
thanks for the responses...I think I've read all your posts numerous times. I have a binder with all my notes printed out and labeled. If this was an exam, I failed my first attempt so I'm going to go study some more and try again this weekend.

regarding connecting CCM to IPMA, I de-pinned the 4 wires from C134 and then de-pinned the CCM pigtail from the new harness (very tedious) and spliced in to the 4 wires directly. I will eventually re-pin the CCM wires into my factory harness. I made sure to heat shrink and use the factory uninsulated crimps. I'm planning on going back with a multimeter this weekend and making sure I didn't mess anything up.

for Forscan changes, yes I found sometimes that all the changes didn't take so I had to do this multiple times. I'm going back through all the values before I attempt again and I even wrote a python script to read, parse the binary .abt files so I can easily refer to my factory settings (I'm a programmer).

Regarding forscan changes for modules... do the offsets (blocks) ever change after an update? My concern is if I backup my modules, then my truck gets an update and then I go and restore my module after the update. If the blocks changed that could be bad correct?

the attempt wasn't a total loss... I went ahead and removed my crash bars while the bumper was off and also removed the Air dam and sealed/secured the air dam pigtails so If I want to put them back on I can. Also, created this huge image with all the diagrams, pics from everyone in one place... I'll clean this up more as I go


Ford F-150 Adding Co-Pilot Assist 2.0 with Forscan? F150CCM
 

elcid98

Active member
First Name
John
Joined
May 8, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
37
Reaction score
58
Location
Clover, SC
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 4x4 5.0
Occupation
Escalation Engineer
So i'm going back through the forscan changes and checking and cross referencing. I ended up creating a custom GPT and used all the data and information I had saved as it's knowledge base. It works pretty well to explain what the different settings mean from livinitup's spreadsheet. If anyone has chatgpt plus I'll share the link

Ford F-150 Adding Co-Pilot Assist 2.0 with Forscan? 1717197836899-x0
Sponsored

 
 







Top