Sponsored

'21 Lariat red dash and door panels replacement?

PowerboostedF150

Well-known member
First Name
Ryan
Joined
Sep 23, 2022
Threads
16
Messages
74
Reaction score
22
Location
Burlington, Ontario
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost, 2011 explorer ltd
Occupation
Knowledge Manager, use PB as my office.
hey folks!

new owner of a '21 PB Lariat. I bought it used, and love the truck, except the reddish dash panels, and door panels. I have been trying to find an online parts catalog where I could look at ordering a black or grey component and replace the red ones. failing that, has anyone tried a vinyl wrap over those parts? something that could be removed in the future and return to stock without any impact (glue residue?). The truck has 64k on it when I adopted it (since I treat is like a baby). and it seemed to be a work truck in it's previous life (bed is not lined and all scratched up inside). I have noticed that the passenger door 'red' colour is a little faded compared to the rear passenger door colour. Has anyone else noticed this?

In any event, looking for a non-invasive solution to get this colour to a black/grey/satin finish like the Limited has.

thanks for any replies!

Cheers!
happy new PB owner!
Sponsored

 

astrand1

Well-known member
First Name
Alex
Joined
Dec 16, 2021
Threads
9
Messages
833
Reaction score
606
Location
Michigan
Vehicles
22 Ford F150 Powerboost 7.2kw
Occupation
Studio truck driver
hey folks!

new owner of a '21 PB Lariat. I bought it used, and love the truck, except the reddish dash panels, and door panels. I have been trying to find an online parts catalog where I could look at ordering a black or grey component and replace the red ones. failing that, has anyone tried a vinyl wrap over those parts? something that could be removed in the future and return to stock without any impact (glue residue?). The truck has 64k on it when I adopted it (since I treat is like a baby). and it seemed to be a work truck in it's previous life (bed is not lined and all scratched up inside). I have noticed that the passenger door 'red' colour is a little faded compared to the rear passenger door colour. Has anyone else noticed this?

In any event, looking for a non-invasive solution to get this colour to a black/grey/satin finish like the Limited has.

thanks for any replies!

Cheers!
happy new PB owner!
Man we should swap door panels and dash covers. I really like that reddish color. ?
 

Zengineer

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 2, 2022
Threads
9
Messages
605
Reaction score
889
Location
Midwest
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb
Replacing two dash parts, four door panels and the console lid will be very expensive. I am one of the minority who was sick of all black and like the brown/brick color accents.
 

jamill

Well-known member
First Name
Jarred
Joined
Jul 18, 2021
Threads
9
Messages
143
Reaction score
145
Location
Carlsbad, NM
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat & 2020 GMC Acadia SLT
Occupation
Pipeline Operator
Your best bet is to get on eBay and try and find some door panels you like for cheap. I did that in an old vehicle and it cost me like $150 to $200 per door, although I replaced the entire panel. If you could find some damaged ones and take off the trim you want, you might get it for a good price.

As far s as the dash panels, not real sure because of airbags and stuff. ??‍♂
 

crazywayne311

Well-known member
First Name
Wayne
Joined
Aug 24, 2022
Threads
16
Messages
1,218
Reaction score
1,118
Location
Hampton Roads, VA
Vehicles
2022 SCrew 157" Agate Black Lariat 502A
Occupation
CTMO
was on the fence at first but the color is slowly growing on me. now, to me, its an odd choice but whatever not the end of the world.

ive been looking and it appears in order to change anything door related it appears its all part of the panel itself. ive seen pics of the back of the door panels and it shows everything on that particular door panel. I'd love to maybe add different trim pieces but i dont think you can.
 

Sponsored

dolsen

Well-known member
First Name
David
Joined
Aug 19, 2022
Threads
20
Messages
2,097
Reaction score
1,938
Location
KY
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
was on the fence at first but the color is slowly growing on me. now, to me, its an odd choice but whatever not the end of the world.

ive been looking and it appears in order to change anything door related it appears its all part of the panel itself. ive seen pics of the back of the door panels and it shows everything on that particular door panel. I'd love to maybe add different trim pieces but i dont think you can.
I have to agree, I hated it at first, but now it is really growing on me. On a scale from 1-10 I'll give it a 7, when I first saw it, it was a -3 lol
 

Porpoise Hork

Well-known member
First Name
Bret
Joined
Aug 27, 2022
Threads
18
Messages
2,108
Reaction score
2,417
Location
Houston
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT Sys Admin
For possible fade issues, I'd consider using some sort of protectant like 303 or similar along with nano-ceramic window tint on the doors and windshield if local laws allow it. If not then use a sun visor for the dash. As for the color, it's rather cost prohibitive to swap out but you may get lucky to find someone up there willing to swap the door cards and dash with you.
 

wayne b

Well-known member
First Name
Wayne
Joined
Oct 21, 2021
Threads
1
Messages
72
Reaction score
61
Location
Long Beach, CA
Vehicles
2021 Lariat PB
have the same carbon grey, black interior with … burgundy leather highlights. I didn’t custom build this one and last year it was “be lucky you got any truck” era, but it’s odd if people are looking for the “greyed out” (vs. murdered out) look and to get a bit of 70s station wagon thrown in the mix.
 

Porpoise Hork

Well-known member
First Name
Bret
Joined
Aug 27, 2022
Threads
18
Messages
2,108
Reaction score
2,417
Location
Houston
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT Sys Admin
have the same carbon grey, black interior with … burgundy leather highlights. I didn’t custom build this one and last year it was “be lucky go got any truck”, but it’s odd if people are looking for the “greyed out” (vs. murdered out) look and to get a bit of 70s station wagon thrown in the mix.
Something like this?

Ford F-150 '21 Lariat red dash and door panels replacement? nc_ohc=ZTwIoc6jvUUAX8iLnam&_nc_ht=scontent.fhou1-2
 

Sponsored


astrand1

Well-known member
First Name
Alex
Joined
Dec 16, 2021
Threads
9
Messages
833
Reaction score
606
Location
Michigan
Vehicles
22 Ford F150 Powerboost 7.2kw
Occupation
Studio truck driver
You have the BAP? I might be interested :)
I’m not too bright. Lol. Took me a min to figure out what BAP was. Black appearance package. ? I have the SAP. Sort app. Package. My interior is all black. Are you in Canada? I’m asking cause of the way you spelled color. ? I’m in Michigan. think the only problem might lie in the dash as I have a XLT and don’t have the full digital cluster cause I think there is something different about that but not totally sure. Other than that everything else should be the same. My upper doors have a black kinda fabric ish material on them.
 

FrankThompson

Well-known member
First Name
Frank
Joined
Mar 2, 2022
Threads
39
Messages
1,216
Reaction score
1,249
Location
Sebring, FL
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
I’m not too bright. Lol. Took me a min to figure out what BAP was. Black appearance package. ? I have the SAP. Sort app. Package. My interior is all black. Are you in Canada? I’m asking cause of the way you spelled color. ? I’m in Michigan. think the only problem might lie in the dash as I have a XLT and don’t have the full digital cluster cause I think there is something different about that but not totally sure. Other than that everything else should be the same. My upper doors have a black kinda fabric ish material on them.
I'm in FL and odd. I guess the XLT SAP has all black while only the Lariat SAP has the Brown.
 

astrand1

Well-known member
First Name
Alex
Joined
Dec 16, 2021
Threads
9
Messages
833
Reaction score
606
Location
Michigan
Vehicles
22 Ford F150 Powerboost 7.2kw
Occupation
Studio truck driver
Lol. I thought for sure you were a Canuck because of the spelling. Guess I got that wrong. Lol.
Ford F-150 '21 Lariat red dash and door panels replacement? 2183F2D6-71B7-44E4-ABE8-B52E568C5820
This what my driver door panel looks like if that helps or not.
 
OP
OP
PowerboostedF150

PowerboostedF150

Well-known member
First Name
Ryan
Joined
Sep 23, 2022
Threads
16
Messages
74
Reaction score
22
Location
Burlington, Ontario
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost, 2011 explorer ltd
Occupation
Knowledge Manager, use PB as my office.
For possible fade issues, I'd consider using some sort of protectant like 303 or similar along with nano-ceramic window tint on the doors and windshield if local laws allow it. If not then use a sun visor for the dash. As for the color, it's rather cost prohibitive to swap out but you may get lucky to find someone up there willing to swap the door cards and dash with you.
Thanks, the truck has fairly dark tint (previous owner installed I assume) so I don't know if it is nano-ceramic. I wonder if a tint-safe ceramic window cleaner on the inside would do the same thing?
Sponsored

 
 







Top