Sponsored

WTFover

Member
First Name
Jason
Joined
Jun 7, 2021
Threads
0
Messages
8
Reaction score
4
Location
Tampa
Vehicles
2024 F-150 XL RCSB
Occupation
I mostly yell at computers for doing dumb things.
@WTFover , at this point I would test operation of the indicators/puddle by physically connecting to the passenger side. If the hardware tests ok, there may be other config issues (type = bulb/LED etc.) to go through.
Are the wires/pins in the same locations for both mirrors? I found a copy of the 2024 workshop manual on here, I was going to try and take a look in there, but the pdf is pretty tough to navigate. Maybe the XL driver's harness doesn't have the wires in it. That should be fairly simple to check for. I dropped the truck off for PPF and tint this morning, so when I get it back that should be something simple to look and compare.
Sponsored

 

jhelrey

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 18, 2023
Threads
39
Messages
830
Reaction score
651
Location
MN
Vehicles
2024 F-150 CC Lariat 3.5PB 4X4 3.73 SB
Anyway to change the speed in which the auto brights come on?
 

farmtruckman

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 10, 2023
Threads
12
Messages
187
Reaction score
156
Location
Dubai
Vehicles
2021 F150 Raptor
Can someone help me understand what are these icons for? Apart from the obvious one for WiFi - what is the other one and how can you enable these?

Ford F-150 2021+ F-150 FORScan List / Database / Spreadsheet 1731402628282-u


I would like to remove the phone list option from my status bar and have these there and possibly TCU. This is my current status bar. I have a truck in the UAE so not sure if the WiFi icon will show up since they blocked the modem here.

Ford F-150 2021+ F-150 FORScan List / Database / Spreadsheet 1731402749420-y9


Appreciate your help. :)
 

fordtruckman2003

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 28, 2023
Threads
26
Messages
4,587
Reaction score
3,746
Location
Indy
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Can someone help me understand what are these icons for? Apart from the obvious one for WiFi - what is the other one and how can you enable these?

1731402628282-up.jpg


I would like to remove the phone list option from my status bar and have these there and possibly TCU. This is my current status bar. I have a truck in the UAE so not sure if the WiFi icon will show up since they blocked the modem here.

1731402749420-y9.jpg


Appreciate your help. :)
Both of those are the TCU. Up down is the cellular data and WiFi is the truck WiFi connection.
 

farmtruckman

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 10, 2023
Threads
12
Messages
187
Reaction score
156
Location
Dubai
Vehicles
2021 F150 Raptor
Both of those are the TCU. Up down is the cellular data and WiFi is the truck WiFi connection.
Many thanks for your prompt response.

Is there a way to get them on my status bar through FORScan? I want to see if they show up with the restricted TCU that I have?

Also is there a way to remove the Phone List button?
 

Sponsored

m_bt54

Well-known member
First Name
Bryan
Joined
Nov 16, 2022
Threads
15
Messages
1,050
Reaction score
1,066
Location
Massachusetts
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
Many thanks for your prompt response.

Is there a way to get them on my status bar through FORScan? I want to see if they show up with the restricted TCU that I have?

Also is there a way to remove the Phone List button?
you don’t need for forscan to do that. Press the phone list button, then that button will change to edit. press it again and then pick out of the available options. What you would like to replace it.
 

farmtruckman

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 10, 2023
Threads
12
Messages
187
Reaction score
156
Location
Dubai
Vehicles
2021 F150 Raptor
you don’t need for forscan to do that. Press the phone list button, then that button will change to edit. press it again and then pick out of the available options. What you would like to replace it.
Thanks for your response. I am aware of that option but that is in the bar between the nav and apps. The “Phone List” button I wish to be removed is in the status bar in the top right corner.
 

m_bt54

Well-known member
First Name
Bryan
Joined
Nov 16, 2022
Threads
15
Messages
1,050
Reaction score
1,066
Location
Massachusetts
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
Thanks for your response. I am aware of that option but that is in the bar between the nav and apps. The “Phone List” button I wish to be removed is in the status bar in the top right corner.
looks like it is just showing the title of whatever card is active on the right side of the screen. if you change to a different card does that change to whatever is active?
 

farmtruckman

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 10, 2023
Threads
12
Messages
187
Reaction score
156
Location
Dubai
Vehicles
2021 F150 Raptor
looks like it is just showing the title of whatever card is active on the right side of the screen. if you change to a different card does that change to whatever is active?
Nope. The top right corner sticks to Phone List.
 

m_bt54

Well-known member
First Name
Bryan
Joined
Nov 16, 2022
Threads
15
Messages
1,050
Reaction score
1,066
Location
Massachusetts
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
hmm i’m out of ideas. if it’s possible someone here will be able to help i’m sure
 

Sponsored


SilverPigeon

Well-known member
First Name
Chris
Joined
Apr 27, 2022
Threads
19
Messages
1,410
Reaction score
1,511
Location
Australia
Vehicles
'23 F-150 KR 5.0L 157"WB RHD "Emaciated Edition"
You can try disabling IOD - Phone. It will remove the side card for phone and that may also do what you want. I've not got the phone list button on the status bar so it's worth a try ?‍♂
7D0-01-04xx*xxxxxxx--IOD - Phone (IODP) • IOD - Audio (IODA) • IOD - TPMS (IODTPMS) • Eco-Idle (EI)
If that doesn't work, the only suggestion I have is to use the Smart Surface theme (unreal).
 

farmtruckman

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 10, 2023
Threads
12
Messages
187
Reaction score
156
Location
Dubai
Vehicles
2021 F150 Raptor
You can try disabling IOD - Phone. It will remove the side card for phone and that may also do what you want. I've not got the phone list button on the status bar so it's worth a try ?‍♂
7D0-01-04xx*xxxxxxx--IOD - Phone (IODP) • IOD - Audio (IODA) • IOD - TPMS (IODTPMS) • Eco-Idle (EI)
If that doesn't work, the only suggestion I have is to use the Smart Surface theme (unreal).
Hi there mate. I tried it and didn't work. My value was an E there and I changed it to 6 but the phone list in the status list stayed.

Ford F-150 2021+ F-150 FORScan List / Database / Spreadsheet 1731428889461-jj
 

NickT_

Well-known member
First Name
Nick
Joined
May 7, 2024
Threads
2
Messages
178
Reaction score
89
Location
Alabama
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum 4x4
Hi there mate. I tried it and didn't work. My value was an E there and I changed it to 6 but the phone list in the status list stayed.

1731428889461-jj.webp
Did you try to reboot the APIM with FORScan after the change?
 

SilverPigeon

Well-known member
First Name
Chris
Joined
Apr 27, 2022
Threads
19
Messages
1,410
Reaction score
1,511
Location
Australia
Vehicles
'23 F-150 KR 5.0L 157"WB RHD "Emaciated Edition"
Yes I did and it didn't make a difference.
With "E" as your original value, the correct new value would be "6". so, no-go; I'd get used to the Smart Surface theme ?
Sponsored

 
 







Top