Sponsored

JEB

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 15, 2021
Threads
1
Messages
1,985
Reaction score
1,984
Location
US
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Thanks for the information. Looks like another trip back at some point.
Yep. Unfortunately. But thanks for posting your strategy information. Yours is perhaps the clearest example of a dealer signing off on the recall even though they applied the wrong software. It confirms that for now you can’t rely on what the dealer tells you. The recall software isn’t out yet.
 

UGADawg96

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 28, 2021
Threads
32
Messages
3,511
Reaction score
6,199
Location
JAX, FL
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB & '25 Explorer ST
Yep. Unfortunately. But thanks for posting your strategy information. Yours is perhaps the clearest example of a dealer signing off on the recall even though they applied the wrong software. It confirms that for now you can’t rely on what the dealer tells you. The recall software isn’t out yet.
I don't believe anything I hear and only half the things I see. hah! ;)
 
OP
OP
BlackSheep

BlackSheep

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 21, 2021
Threads
3
Messages
124
Reaction score
69
Location
Indiana
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost (Job 2)
Yep. Unfortunately. But thanks for posting your strategy information. Yours is perhaps the clearest example of a dealer signing off on the recall even though they applied the wrong software. It confirms that for now you can’t rely on what the dealer tells you. The recall software isn’t out yet.
I believe the recall software has been released for at least the job 2 trucks. Came out the middle of this week.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...-campaign-nhtsa-22s17-22v193.9742/post-196735
 

Sponsored

JEB

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 15, 2021
Threads
1
Messages
1,985
Reaction score
1,984
Location
US
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
I believe the recall software has been released for at least the job 2 trucks. Came out the middle of this week.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...-campaign-nhtsa-22s17-22v193.9742/post-196735
Any confirmed installs of the new software yet? There seems to be a mismatch between what Ford says and what it has actually made available on FDRS for installation. To my knowledge, no Job 2 owner has indicated that he had the recall performed and posted the strategy information to confirm it.
 
Last edited:

JFR0317

Well-known member
First Name
John
Joined
Feb 10, 2021
Threads
1
Messages
134
Reaction score
147
Location
Houston
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 PowerBoost
I’m at the dealer now for the recall. I’ll post what the widget shows for the TRM module after they are done.
 

JEB

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 15, 2021
Threads
1
Messages
1,985
Reaction score
1,984
Location
US
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
I’m at the dealer now for the recall. I’ll post what the widget shows for the TRM module after they are done.
That would be helpful. Please also include whether you have a Job 1 or a Job 2 truck.
 

JFR0317

Well-known member
First Name
John
Joined
Feb 10, 2021
Threads
1
Messages
134
Reaction score
147
Location
Houston
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 PowerBoost
Well, as I feared, I did not get the latest update but instead got the February version: ML3T-19J297-BA. My truck is a Job 1 built in December 2020.

At least I was in and out of the dealership in less than an hour. They tried to get me to let them do the Blue Cruise update, but I told them I was already up to date on that thanks to the Early Access program via OTA (2.5.3).
 

JEB

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 15, 2021
Threads
1
Messages
1,985
Reaction score
1,984
Location
US
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Well, as I feared, I did not get the latest update but instead got the February version: ML3T-19J297-BA. My truck is a Job 1 built in December 2020.

At least I was in and out of the dealership in less than an hour. They tried to get me to let them do the Blue Cruise update, but I told them I was already up to date on that thanks to the Early Access program via OTA (2.5.3).
Sorry you wasted your time but thanks for posting. Hopefully, this will help others avoid similar wastes of their time and serve as a warning to those who think they have the recall that they need to remain highly vigilant when towing until the software is out and they can get back to the dealer.
 
Last edited:

Sponsored


platinum17

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 21, 2021
Threads
0
Messages
55
Reaction score
48
Location
PA
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Yep. Unfortunately. But thanks for posting your strategy information. Yours is perhaps the clearest example of a dealer signing off on the recall even though they applied the wrong software. It confirms that for now you can’t rely on what the dealer tells you. The recall software isn’t out yet.
No problem for the posting. I figured that the more information we can provide it might help others. My truck is a Job1 Platinum built on 7-7-21. I'm not sure I blame the dealer as it's probably just as confusing to them as it seem to be for me. I had a feeling it was wrong when the widget and Ford Pass still showed the recall as incomplete. If I can help in any other way, feel free to contact me.
 

wayne b

Well-known member
First Name
Wayne
Joined
Oct 21, 2021
Threads
1
Messages
72
Reaction score
61
Location
Long Beach, CA
Vehicles
2021 Lariat PB
I installed the Scriptable app / etc, my software version on trailer module is ML3T-19J297-BB (not BA) - does that represent the "recall" version?

ps. for anyone who missed a few pages back, the scriptable app is IOS, you start from this page:
https://tonesto7.github.io/fordpass-scriptable/
(and there's a giant thread elsewhere on this site). software info on the brake module is at the bottom of the widget "Advanced info")
 

JEB

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 15, 2021
Threads
1
Messages
1,985
Reaction score
1,984
Location
US
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
I installed the Scriptable app / etc, my software version on trailer module is ML3T-19J297-BB (not BA) - does that represent the "recall" version?

ps. for anyone who missed a few pages back, the scriptable app is IOS, you start from this page:
https://tonesto7.github.io/fordpass-scriptable/
(and there's a giant thread elsewhere on this site). software info on the brake module is at the bottom of the widget "Advanced info")
Not sure, but it’s possible—if for no other reason than it’s different from what we’ve seen so far for the February release. Is your truck Job 1 or Job 2? If it’s Job 2, it’s still possible that this is the February release for Job 2 trucks. Unfortunately, Ford doesn’t release strategy versions along with the rollout. We only know by collecting the data.

I’d recommend going over to the ECU programming thread sometime after the 18th and asking someone with an active FDRS license to run your VIN. If another TRM update shows up, that’s your answer.
 
Last edited:

JediNut

Well-known member
First Name
Emmett
Joined
Aug 4, 2021
Threads
35
Messages
404
Reaction score
399
Location
Nashville, TN
Vehicles
'21 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
Old Time Geek
Just had mine done on Wednesday, "new" software version is: MU5T-19J297-DG

I am assuming that is the value that should change... right?

Ford F-150 Recall: REPROGRAM INTEGRATED TRAILER RELAY MODULE (Campaign/NHTSA#
22S17/22v193) 56342EAA-205E-47FE-A423-DA8D8BD6F489_1_201_a
 

JEB

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 15, 2021
Threads
1
Messages
1,985
Reaction score
1,984
Location
US
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Just had mine done on Wednesday, "new" software version is: MU5T-19J297-DG

I am assuming that is the value that should change... right?

56342EAA-205E-47FE-A423-DA8D8BD6F489_1_201_a.webp
Others might change, but yes, a change to Node F188 is the one we’re looking for. Job 1 or Job 2? This is important information.

Interesting, but Node F188 for me immediately prior to the February update was MU5T-19J297-DF. If your truck is a Job 2, I’m wondering if your dealer actually did the update because I vaguely recall a Job 2 truck having this strategy originally. But I don’t remember for sure.
Sponsored

 
Last edited:
 







Top