Sponsored

Android Auto randomly disconnects wirelessly--Don't want to us USB

OP
OP

SRQ_Ken

Member
First Name
Ken
Joined
Oct 30, 2024
Threads
2
Messages
7
Reaction score
5
Location
Suncoast of FL
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat
As I said, though, the phone settings (under Connections) say it is,still connected to the truck's wireless network. So it has to be AA, no?
Sponsored

 

MonkeySpank

Well-known member
First Name
Rich
Joined
Sep 25, 2023
Threads
11
Messages
62
Reaction score
34
Location
Hawaii
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 5.0
As I said, though, the phone settings (under Connections) say it is,still connected to the truck's wireless network. So it has to be AA, no?
Going through this thread I see that many have different issues leading to disconnection; also I thought AA needs both WiFi and Bluetooth to maintain the wireless AA connection. Maybe your Bluetooth was interrupted? I personally don't think its AA, but more the vehicle and radio infrastructure, for example, maintaining a constant AA connection is much more fickle (and location based) on my 2021 F150 then on my generic Chinese AA radio I installed in my 4runner. I would encourage you to find more rhyme or rhythm to your issue, maybe it could help me as well.
 

Gdo

New member
Joined
Dec 30, 2024
Threads
0
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
NM
Vehicles
2023 F150 Raptor
Spoke to Ford "Over The Air" tech team yesterday (833-389-0848). He said Ford was aware of intermittent bluetooth connection failures and that a software update in the next few days will address the issue. We'll see....
 

22Platinum

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 9, 2022
Threads
12
Messages
272
Reaction score
240
Location
Virginia
Vehicles
2021 KR 3.5
Occupation
software engineer
I've got one of those $200 magic boxes that I leave connected in the sliding door below the HVAC; it's connected via USB and at times is a bit slow to acknowledge internet after a reboot but is otherwise flawless, leaves my phone unrelated to the truck and allows for YouTube etc. while driving. I update my Fuelly every time this way.

When making quick stops like gas or a fast run-in for a single item I leave the truck key on engine off so it doesn't have to reboot, keeping Google Maps, Pandora, internet etc. up and running. Using my phone in that situation would have the phone connect and disconnect when running inside, possibly inducing issues.

Here's a thread on it.
Sponsored

 
 







Top