Sponsored

Accidentally learned a feature

OP
OP

gb7FRz26

Well-known member
First Name
Chris
Joined
Aug 23, 2021
Threads
5
Messages
193
Reaction score
149
Location
North Texas
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SuperCrew Short Bed
I just discovered the gear shifter going into park automatically if you open the door when it’s in drive. Haha
Freaked me out the first time I shut the motor off without putting it in park (whoops) and then <whrrrrrr> noise and it moved the column shifter into Park. So much engineering in this truck.
Sponsored

 

DT444T

Well-known member
First Name
Jake
Joined
Dec 29, 2021
Threads
4
Messages
471
Reaction score
432
Location
Michigan
Vehicles
21 AMB Powerboost Lariat
Occupation
Meat servo
My 21 Lariat does it. I used to use it all the time driving around town because my transmission shudder was so bad.
Does what? Hides the gears?
 

DT444T

Well-known member
First Name
Jake
Joined
Dec 29, 2021
Threads
4
Messages
471
Reaction score
432
Location
Michigan
Vehicles
21 AMB Powerboost Lariat
Occupation
Meat servo
Freaked me out the first time I shut the motor off without putting it in park (whoops) and then <whrrrrrr> noise and it moved the column shifter into Park. So much engineering in this truck.
On a column shift truck you can hold the shift lever in gear and the gauge will still show it shift to park. And the transmission WILL be in Park. So the lever and transmission will be out of sync.
 
 







Top