Sponsored

Cheez_Greater

Well-known member
First Name
Jason
Joined
Jun 1, 2022
Threads
1
Messages
85
Reaction score
75
Location
Washington
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
BI Developer
Thats what I‘m thinking. The chip isn’t only for active park assist but any function that requires automatically maneuvering the truck, like pro trailer hitch assist. if so the question becomes do all 2021 IPMAs have the chip? You would think it would be more efficient for Ford to have one standard IPMA and use the software to activate certain feature rather than build custom IPMAs for each model level and options purchased. I’m going to try to visit my local Ford parts department tomorrow and see what I can find out about 2021 IPMAs.
I am digging around the Forscan spreadsheet looking for some setting that controls the throttle. I did notice this in the PCM:
Passenger Front Door Module [PDM, 0x741] (PDM, 0x741) • Parking Assist Control Module [PAM,0x736] (PAM,0x736) • Driver Front Door Module [DDM, 0x740] (DDM, 0x740) • Auxiliary Heater Control Module [AHCM, 0x7E3] (AHCM, 0x7E3)

7E0-163-02xxxxxxx*xx--
In my As Built data the asterisk value is "E", PDM, 0x741 Present • PAM,0x736 Present • DDM, 0x740 Present • AHCM, 0x7E3 Not Present. That indicates I have a Parking Assist Control Module. I don't know enough to know what that means. Maybe it means that Active Hitch Assist is possible but some other setting is missing for my particular truck, or not.
Sponsored

 

LariatSpaceWhite2.7

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 29, 2023
Threads
4
Messages
72
Reaction score
40
Location
West Coast
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 2.7
Weird question, but when I disable the fake engine sounds via FORScan does that also disable the noise cancelling on my 2021 Lariat 2.7 as well? As I understand it, my truck has noise cancelling that plays an opposite frequency to what the microphone picks up to cancel road noise and other sounds--as somebody with annoyingly sensitive ears, I'd like to try and turn the the noise cancelling off, even more so than the fake engine sound if I can.
Thanks! @Jesse-Infotainment, might you know?
 
Last edited:

Porpoise Hork

Well-known member
First Name
Bret
Joined
Aug 27, 2022
Threads
18
Messages
2,108
Reaction score
2,417
Location
Houston
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT Sys Admin
The need for the Park Assist chip is pure speculation on my part, but an educated guess. The only thing that changed between the hitch assist failing and success is a change in IPMA. And the only thing (that I’m aware of) that’s different between the two IMPAs is that park assist chip.

It’s quite possible that the original design was to include the chip in all IMPAs, and differentiate the features by the sensor packages.

After reading through all this from what I can see is if the truck has 360 cameras, Dynamic Hitch Assist, and Reverse Brake Assist, then activating Pro Hitch with Forscan should work? I'd test it on mine as it has all these options except the Pro Hitch, but I don't have a trailer accessible to verify it.
 

Aron

Well-known member
First Name
Aron
Joined
Jan 26, 2022
Threads
5
Messages
732
Reaction score
909
Location
Virginia
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB 4x2; '15 Expedition; '98 Ranger
Occupation
Civil Engineer
After reading through all this from what I can see is if the truck has 360 cameras, Dynamic Hitch Assist, and Reverse Brake Assist, then activating Pro Hitch with Forscan should work? I'd test it on mine as it has all these options except the Pro Hitch, but I don't have a trailer accessible to verify it.
Mine had all of that, but it didn't work until I replaced the Image Processing Module (IPMA) with a 2021 IPMA. The problem was that the software was all in place, but the chip that directed vehicle motion was missing (as far as I can tell). Also, when you finally get it all set up, you need a hitch ball and a trailer for it to recognize before it'll start working.
 

Porpoise Hork

Well-known member
First Name
Bret
Joined
Aug 27, 2022
Threads
18
Messages
2,108
Reaction score
2,417
Location
Houston
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT Sys Admin
Mine had all of that, but it didn't work until I replaced the Image Processing Module (IPMA) with a 2021 IPMA. The problem was that the software was all in place, but the chip that directed vehicle motion was missing (as far as I can tell). Also, when you finally get it all set up, you need a hitch ball and a trailer for it to recognize before it'll start working.

Hmm..

Well now mine is all messed up. I tested activating the options and no go. Got the orange bar and the hitch view shut off, so I reverted everything back from saves prior to the changes. Now the Truck keeps adding the "Test" trailer back as well as the Dynamic Hitch Assist isn't working. Have the Test trailer about 6 times now, reset the APIM, ABS, and IPMC modules. Cleared DTC's. The trailer keeps reappearing in the managed trailers and the Dynamic hitch is static now, the lines used to curve as I turned the wheel but now just stay straight.

Not sure what else to do to get the dynamic hitch working correctly again.
 

Sponsored

sp468

Well-known member
First Name
Steve
Joined
Dec 18, 2020
Threads
4
Messages
51
Reaction score
41
Location
Indiana
Vehicles
F150
I visited my ford dealer parts department and this is the printout they gave listing the IPMAs for the 2021s.

All the IPMAs have a part number of ML-14G647 but then a different letter at the end. They differences I see are either Kansas City or Dearborn builds, less assist package or pro trailer backup assist and the dates. For example my truck was built in Dearborn, April 2021. The IPMA choices are ML3Z-14G647-G / Less Assist Packages 2021-03-30 to 2021-07-19 or ML3Z-14G647-H / pro trailer backup assist 2021-03-30 to 2021-07-19.

I have the pro trailer backup assist so I should have the H IPMA. I don’t see anything specifying ”active” packages (like active park) or anything specifying model level.

note - the parts department knew I had and XLT and even though I asked them for all model IPMA info it’s possible they only gave me what was specific for an XLT.

Aron - you got a 2021 IPMA to work , correct? Do you know what was the actual part number?

Ford F-150 2021+ F-150 FORScan List / Database / Spreadsheet AB754B73-52E7-4449-85A7-CA4E29495A15


Ford F-150 2021+ F-150 FORScan List / Database / Spreadsheet 6BB8F3AB-7329-470A-833D-83DA1101A6D3
 

Cheez_Greater

Well-known member
First Name
Jason
Joined
Jun 1, 2022
Threads
1
Messages
85
Reaction score
75
Location
Washington
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
BI Developer
Hmm..

Well now mine is all messed up. I tested activating the options and no go. Got the orange bar and the hitch view shut off, so I reverted everything back from saves prior to the changes. Now the Truck keeps adding the "Test" trailer back as well as the Dynamic Hitch Assist isn't working. Have the Test trailer about 6 times now, reset the APIM, ABS, and IPMC modules. Cleared DTC's. The trailer keeps reappearing in the managed trailers and the Dynamic hitch is static now, the lines used to curve as I turned the wheel but now just stay straight.

Not sure what else to do to get the dynamic hitch working correctly again.
Have you tried driving around for a little bit now that you reverted your changes? That was what cleared the orange bar for me. It might be needed again to get things back to normal.
 

Porpoise Hork

Well-known member
First Name
Bret
Joined
Aug 27, 2022
Threads
18
Messages
2,108
Reaction score
2,417
Location
Houston
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT Sys Admin
Have you tried driving around for a little bit now that you reverted your changes? That was what cleared the orange bar for me. It might be needed again to get things back to normal.
No I didn't try that, but thanks for the suggestion. I have to pick my kids up from school soon so maybe that'll take care of it.
 

Aron

Well-known member
First Name
Aron
Joined
Jan 26, 2022
Threads
5
Messages
732
Reaction score
909
Location
Virginia
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB 4x2; '15 Expedition; '98 Ranger
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Hmm..

Well now mine is all messed up. I tested activating the options and no go. Got the orange bar and the hitch view shut off, so I reverted everything back from saves prior to the changes. Now the Truck keeps adding the "Test" trailer back as well as the Dynamic Hitch Assist isn't working. Have the Test trailer about 6 times now, reset the APIM, ABS, and IPMC modules. Cleared DTC's. The trailer keeps reappearing in the managed trailers and the Dynamic hitch is static now, the lines used to curve as I turned the wheel but now just stay straight.

Not sure what else to do to get the dynamic hitch working correctly again.
I'd give it 90 minutes to verify that everything is fully shut off, restart it, and drive it around for a few minutes. Sometimes that clears out some of the "bad code" and gets it working again.
 

Aron

Well-known member
First Name
Aron
Joined
Jan 26, 2022
Threads
5
Messages
732
Reaction score
909
Location
Virginia
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB 4x2; '15 Expedition; '98 Ranger
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I visited my ford dealer parts department and this is the printout they gave listing the IPMAs for the 2021s.

All the IPMAs have a part number of ML-14G647 but then a different letter at the end. They differences I see are either Kansas City or Dearborn builds, less assist package or pro trailer backup assist and the dates. For example my truck was built in Dearborn, April 2021. The IPMA choices are ML3Z-14G647-G / Less Assist Packages 2021-03-30 to 2021-07-19 or ML3Z-14G647-H / pro trailer backup assist 2021-03-30 to 2021-07-19.

I have the pro trailer backup assist so I should have the H IPMA. I don’t see anything specifying ”active” packages (like active park) or anything specifying model level.

note - the parts department knew I had and XLT and even though I asked them for all model IPMA info it’s possible they only gave me what was specific for an XLT.

Aron - you got a 2021 IPMA to work , correct? Do you know what was the actual part number?

AB754B73-52E7-4449-85A7-CA4E29495A15.jpeg


6BB8F3AB-7329-470A-833D-83DA1101A6D3.jpeg
I don't know what the IPMA part number was. But specific part numbers were discussed in further detail in the Park Assist thread: https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...-be-installed-when-parts-are-available.13767/
 

Sponsored


powerboatr

Well-known member
First Name
Robert
Joined
May 9, 2022
Threads
173
Messages
4,343
Reaction score
5,427
Location
North East Texas, Piney Woods
Vehicles
2024 F250 King Ranch Chrome
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
Weird question, but when I disable the fake engine sounds via FORScan does that also disable the noise cancelling on my 2021 Lariat 2.7 as well? As I understand it, my truck has noise cancelling that plays an opposite frequency to what the microphone picks up to cancel road noise and other sounds--as somebody with annoyingly sensitive ears, I'd like to try and turn the the noise cancelling off, even more so than the fake engine sound if I can.
Thanks! @Jesse-Infotainment, might you know?
thats a DAMMMM good question
i turne doff my fake engine noise a while ago and never thought about the sound cancelling stuff, in fact didnt know it was available. my truck is pretty quiet now, but the high traction asphalt tire noise does after a while get annoying
 

antho

Well-known member
First Name
Anthony
Joined
Sep 20, 2021
Threads
4
Messages
1,095
Reaction score
1,033
Location
Houston, Texas
Vehicles
2024 Raptor 37
EDIT: RK has a different value for 706-01-01 xxxx xxx* xxxx. His is 9 which also has the MFCRBA set as RPAwBRK, not RBA.
706-01-01 xxxx xxx* xx--
That 9 shows to be for enabling Glare Free highbeams and RBA not RPAwBRK
 

Cheez_Greater

Well-known member
First Name
Jason
Joined
Jun 1, 2022
Threads
1
Messages
85
Reaction score
75
Location
Washington
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
BI Developer
706-01-01 xxxx xxx* xx--
That 9 shows to be for enabling Glare Free highbeams and RBA not RPAwBRK
Darn, you're right. I'm going to remove the post.
 

Porpoise Hork

Well-known member
First Name
Bret
Joined
Aug 27, 2022
Threads
18
Messages
2,108
Reaction score
2,417
Location
Houston
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT Sys Admin
I'd give it 90 minutes to verify that everything is fully shut off, restart it, and drive it around for a few minutes. Sometimes that clears out some of the "bad code" and gets it working again.
It finally sorted itself out and is working as before. That's one thing that has always amazed me is how it may take time for things to clear despite resetting modules and what-not.
 

Aron

Well-known member
First Name
Aron
Joined
Jan 26, 2022
Threads
5
Messages
732
Reaction score
909
Location
Virginia
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB 4x2; '15 Expedition; '98 Ranger
Occupation
Civil Engineer
It finally sorted itself out and is working as before. That's one thing that has always amazed me is how it may take time for things to clear despite resetting modules and what-not.
So, the way that I’ve kind of thought about it is it’s kind of like rebooting your computer, that new settings and software won’t take effect until the system is fully off and restarted. The manual states that some systems remain on for up to 90 minutes after you turn the ignition off, so you kind of have to wait the full 90 minutes to ensure that the new settings take hold.
Sponsored

 
 







Top