Sponsored

Search results

  1. Power running boards

    Quick update. Got the new DSM in today, pulled out the old one and fired up FORScan. Loaded the as-built data from the online repo, wrote the config and then performed a self test on the DSM (with doors closed). Bam! No more prolonged running of the RH running board. Glad I got this done soon...
  2. Power running boards

    That's cool, I'm way behind on what the latest FORScan can do. I thought you had to have a backup already on hand for as-built.
  3. Power running boards

    Not to hijack the thread, but when using FORScan (with extended lic) to replace the DSM, it is as simple as downloading the as-built from the old module then loading the saved as-built to the new (non updated) module? Wanted to make sure I had the general idea. Would be awesome if I can avoid...
  4. Power running boards

    Nice, I got mine for around $90 bucks as well. $90 is bad enough to just toss away b/c of a nasty update, $200 would have made me blow chunks.
  5. Power running boards

    Got the DSM ordered and it just shipped out yesterday. If you don't mind sharing, what was the high level process you followed for programming the DSM with FORScan? Did you just download the as-built data from the old module, install new module and then load the saved as-built data it into the...
  6. Power running boards

    Sure it's a long shot, and will never be read...but @Ford Motor Company we probably have a bad DSM update on the loose. Quick edit: I ran the self test on the DSM and no change in outcome sadly. Really looks like a bad update.
  7. Power running boards

    NIce, ty!
  8. Power running boards

    Mind sharing the source (if allowed here) where you ordered the replacement DSM?
  9. Power running boards

    Yep, my RH running board is doing the same thing. Randomly will keep running. Was working fine until I foolishly updated the DSM. Where's the best place to order a new DSM that's VIN matched and hopefully has the outdated firmware?
  10. Running board reset

    Glad I found this, I just ran the gauntlet of FDRS updates on my 21 PB, including the DSM update. Now my RH running board is acting odd as well. Seem to keep running and makes a long whine after retraction. Oddly enough, you only hear it doing this when auto retraction occurs from reaching...
  11. Loss of acceleration. Mine is a2021 poweboost and it happens mostly in turns

    Glad I found this thread, my 2021 PB does this all the time with right hand turns. I've had so many near misses, it's scary. One thing I started doing, turn off all traction control (hold down the traction control button), go tow/haul mode and power brake the hell out of it. Only thing I know to...
  12. Recalibrate BlueCruise with FDRS?

    Might be be a dusty old thread, but ran across this since my BC loves to ping pong and pull to the right way too much. I even hit another truck's mirror once with BC engaged, it scuffed the chrome off my RH mirror. Planning to try the IPMA alignment later this week. Anyone see real world...
  13. 4WD Wheel Bearing and Hub Assembly Torque Spec

    On a 2021 4WD PB, any idea what the torque spec is for the front wheel hub assembly? Looking for the spec on the 4 bolts that connect to the knuckle. I've searched high and low and can't find anything. I can find older values, say for 2014s, but nothing on the newer trucks. Also, Google's...
  14. Motorized gear shift lever???

    This is a fair statement. lol
  15. Motorized gear shift lever???

    My 21 PB shifter checked out at about 21k and left me stuck in park. Piece of the gear inside the shifter broke off and jammed the unit up. Whole thing feels like cheap RC car grade plastics inside.
  16. ECU module programming guide using FDRS

    The internet wouldn't be the internet without dissenting opinions! Having personally been burned with a bricked 2014 after tuning, that was likely due to a weak power supply, I shall never run that risk again!
  17. ECU module programming guide using FDRS

    It's a worthy investment to look at getting IMHO. I've also used my friends Clore Automotive PL2320 power supply. It worked fine, but even it can't hold the voltage stable like the PowerMax can.
  18. ECU module programming guide using FDRS

    I had to cave and get a dedicated power supply. I just couldn't take the inherent pucker factor of flashing paired with seeing the voltage fluctuate when all the modules cycle. I ended up getting a PowerMax PMBC 100 Amp and it even spools under load at times during these flashings. I really...
  19. Ford Blue Cruise expiration email

    Yeah if we don't get at least 1.2 on the 2021s, there is zero chance I will fork over $600. Makes zero sense to pay for a sub for service like this, if it's not being improved upon regularly.




Top