I also have a slightly rough idle with my 5.0, it only has about 13k miles currently but I've noticed it since new. When stopped at lights I can usually feel a very slight shaking. Have any of you checked for misfires in forscan? I don't think I've ever seen an actual code thrown for misfires...
'23 5.0 and mine is the exact same. I feel almost every downshift from 6-5 and 5-4, as well as when it skips gears downshifting. It feels like a fairly hard shove in the back usually. And upshifts are never what I would call smooth. I've been into the dealership twice so far and been turned away...
There is a procedure to break-in the valve bodies that supposedly fixes many of the harsh shifting concerns that people have, but good luck with getting a dealer to acknowledge the issue and apply the fix. I've been to two different dealers so far and received the same treatment as you. So far...
My '23 in Carbonized Grey looks the same. IMO it's one of those things that you have to be intentionally looking for to notice, so it doesn't bother me.
I've been considering if I should just pay the stealership to change my fluid. I've taken it in for rough shifting twice now, only to be told it's completely normal. But based on some posts I've seen where the tranny fluid from the factory was completely black, I suspect that may be the issue...
Thanks for posting this, as I've been wondering where to even check for a leak. I just tried to crawl under and check but it looks like I'll need an inspection camera to even see that bolt. Though everything that I can see around that area looks dry.
In the end, you'd probably be happiest if you waited. I was in a similar situation last year and ended up buying off the dealer lot, but I regret not having the patience to order from Granger (and not saving a lot of cash).
Just an update:
I took the truck to another Ford dealer. And they are telling me that it's "completely normal" for the 10-speed to have jerky shifts. They refuse to even consider the TSB...
edit:
and here's the response after reaching out to Ford "Support"
1FTFW1E56PFB27202
I keep getting the notification that 24-PU0227-VI-RBS will install overnight but then it never does. I'm curious what's going on. The other night I even fully charged the battery and reset BMS, but still nothing. Thanks!
I have a 5.0 and stumbled onto this thread from the front page, but I have similar issues with my 10R80. The 6 - 5 downshift is what annoys me the most because it's almost always a good jolt, but I also get pretty harsh downshifts any time it skips gears (i.e., 7-5). There exists a TSB (24-2070)...
Yeah I'm a bit confused by this TSB. But further down it lists the procedure for "Sticking Valves - Main Control Valve Body" if there is no PCM/TCM update available. And that procedure is just to perform the PCM - Transmission Accelerated Main Control Break In routine.
I'm going to make another...
Actually now that I bother to search a bit more, there is a TSB specifically for the 2023 F-150 10R80: TSB 24-2070. So I guess I just have a shitty local dealer.
That will probably be my plan in the near-future. But after already having to go through with the hassle of not having my vehicle for nearly 2 full days, only to be told that the problem doesn't exist, I don't have high confidence in another dealer treating me any differently. As I said in the...
I have a 2023 F-150 that has some frequent harsh shifts. They're nothing too bad, but in probably 3/4 the cases of decelerating to a stop, I feel a slight bump (and sometimes it's more like a shove) on every gear from 6th on down. It also hesitates slightly after the upshift from 4th to 5th (if...
I will try to take some and post in the next day or two.
Though just FYI regarding the Viofo A229 Pro, I haven't had a chance to use it with hot weather yet. But the other day I spent 4 hours driving on the highway when the temp got up to about 80 and I think I heard it restart at least once...
So is it confirmed that the recall affects only vehicles built up to 12/25/22? I have a max tow built on 3/20/23 and haven't seen any recall notice in the mail.