Sponsored

Wow -- "cooled" seats SUCK air through it...

OP
OP
HammaMan

HammaMan

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 7, 2022
Threads
123
Messages
8,526
Reaction score
9,934
Location
SE US
Vehicles
2022 307a PB
My 2007 Expedition Eddie Bauer would make you shiver it was so good. On a hot summer day you could hear the leather contracting when you turned on the cooled seats in my expy lol. I do miss those seats. Had the TED’s and twin blowers in each seat, much colder than the ventilated I’ve sat in.
I had a company taurus w/ them and they'd get really cold eventually. I'd wager ford monitored how people used them, then did some tests between the two and found most people were none the wiser in the speed at which they were comfortable, but would likely turn them off sooner because they eventually got quite cold. Given they'd include an average sample of females too, the data was such it was no longer practical. Plus it probably saved ~$100 or so. The bean counters were very happy about that.
Sponsored

 

joyner

New member
First Name
CJ
Joined
Jan 19, 2023
Threads
0
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
NC
Vehicles
2019 F150
Occupation
inventory
No they blow Towards your butt. They do not suck in from the seat they suck in from the bottom.
No it does not blow up through the seat. I can testify to that. I'm having the cushion repaired in a 2018 I purchased and wanted to check functionality of the "ventilated" seat because it didn't seem to cool like a friend's older model he had. The blower pulls air through, not pushes. At least in that year model. My cushion looks the same as the OP posted.
 

Jesse-Infotainment

Well-known member
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Joined
May 27, 2021
Threads
9
Messages
3,961
Reaction score
6,401
Location
Dallas
Vehicles
2024 F150 Lightning
No it does not blow up through the seat. I can testify to that. I'm having the cushion repaired in a 2018 I purchased and wanted to check functionality of the "ventilated" seat because it didn't seem to cool like a friend's older model he had. The blower pulls air through, not pushes. At least in that year model. My cushion looks the same as the OP posted.
Yeah. I already corrected myself if you continue reading.
 

SlammedZero

Active member
Joined
Jun 28, 2025
Threads
0
Messages
33
Reaction score
18
Location
Idaho
Vehicles
2024 F-150 Powerboost
My 2015 F150 KR had actually cooled seats. There was a piezo unit in them that actually chilled the air. I know because I took it apart. It works the same way a small (non-compressor) wine chiller works. Piezo effect is good for about 25 to 30F from ambient.
Yeah I just came from a 17 F-150 KR, and I swear those seats got colder than my 24. There were days it got downright cold on my bottom.
Sponsored

 
 







Top