Sponsored

pro access tail gate

mpk

Active member
First Name
mark
Joined
Mar 28, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
31
Reaction score
14
Location
portland oregon
Vehicles
2015 f-150
Talked to Granger ford today and asked about ordering 402a on a Tremor. Told me they can not use the code to delete the pro tail gate and go with a regular tailgate. He then told me figure 6 months to get the truck due to an issue with the tailgate.. He did not elaborate on what the issue is, but geez Ford why can't you accept an order with a regular tailgate while you try to figure out why you have so many product issues... anyone hearing the same?
Sponsored

 

McCloude

Member
Joined
May 6, 2024
Threads
0
Messages
8
Reaction score
3
Location
Maryland
Vehicles
2024 5.0 Tremor 402A
When I went to order through Granger, they said that the option was gone mid April to delete the pro tailgate and the only way to get the normal one was to order a 401a, talk to a different dealer, or to buy one from a lot if you can find one. I think it's crazy that Ford removed this option.. They are pushing hard to advertise the pro tailgate.
 
OP
OP

mpk

Active member
First Name
mark
Joined
Mar 28, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
31
Reaction score
14
Location
portland oregon
Vehicles
2015 f-150
Thanks. frustrating that I want the 402a, leather, bumper etc and now have to wait potentially 6 months or as you said pay full msrp if I can find one on the lot.
 

wessermgm

Well-known member
First Name
Wes
Joined
Aug 24, 2022
Threads
23
Messages
831
Reaction score
1,019
Location
North Texas
Vehicles
2025 F250 King Ranch Tremor; 2024 Bronco Heritage (2DR)
It is painfully obvious that the problem is the Pro Access Tailgate. They have taken a major black eye for the utterly botched release of this feature that they rolled out back in August. To my knowledge not a single production truck has been delivered with the tailgate. It is mid-May of 2024. They supposedly got their crap together in mid-March and they could resume production of the higher trims with the PAT. But I think that there are still too many orders that have the PAT and whatever production they have for this is woefully incapable of meeting the demand. It just seems like a logistical disaster for Ford.

The only other option is that there are known defects with the PAT, but it does appear that they have produced some trucks with it that will be delivered soon. If it was a quality issue, I doubt they would be delivering those trucks. This leads me to believe it is a logistics/production fail.

To your point, I see no sense or reason while they would not leave the 63x PAT delete as an option. They are clearly having massive difficulties manufacturing trucks with the PAT. I would think that they would welcome 63x orders.
 
OP
OP

mpk

Active member
First Name
mark
Joined
Mar 28, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
31
Reaction score
14
Location
portland oregon
Vehicles
2015 f-150
could not agree more. I am going to wait another month to see if the issues continue and they allow the 63x or just cool my heals till fall to see where this all stands.. thanks
 

Sponsored

McCloude

Member
Joined
May 6, 2024
Threads
0
Messages
8
Reaction score
3
Location
Maryland
Vehicles
2024 5.0 Tremor 402A
Thanks. frustrating that I want the 402a, leather, bumper etc and now have to wait potentially 6 months or as you said pay full msrp if I can find one on the lot.
I bought from a dealer lot. I did pay full price, but got more for my trade. So while not ideal, it's better than waiting some undetermined amount of time for an option that might not be made available anytime soon.
 

lrb_35128

Well-known member
First Name
Larry
Joined
Feb 4, 2024
Threads
3
Messages
357
Reaction score
423
Location
San Antonio Metro Area
Vehicles
2024 F-150 King Ranch
Blend date on my truck, with PAT, was late last week. Called Ford Marketing and they project delivery to my dealer between the last week of May and first week of June.
 

WalterMitty

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 17, 2022
Threads
23
Messages
577
Reaction score
479
Location
Chicagoland
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor
I'm old, and to me the tailgate wasn't broken! Why mess with a simple design that worked? Or at the very least, don't force it on people.

I remember being in my Toyota dealership years ago, and experiencing the soft/slow opening tailgate for the first time. I loved, and thought it was kewl, but I wouldn't have paid extra for it.

In full disclosure, I have a Tremor with the power tailgate. I didn't want it, but it came with a package that included a few other items that I did want. While I do find the remote opening via inside the truck or with the fob useful, I think the power closing is not needed.
 

lrb_35128

Well-known member
First Name
Larry
Joined
Feb 4, 2024
Threads
3
Messages
357
Reaction score
423
Location
San Antonio Metro Area
Vehicles
2024 F-150 King Ranch
I'm old, and to me the tailgate wasn't broken! Why mess with a simple design that worked? Or at the very least, don't force it on people.
Although I'm not drawing Social Security yet, I am collecting grandkids. But unlike you, I was pleased the PAT was included in the KR's standard options. I would have added it if it wasn't.

I have a vertically challenged wife, will have a bed cover on the truck, and will be towing a couple's travel trailer. - The PAT allows access to the bed with minimal effort/impact. Thus, it suits us.

Unlike Papa Henry's perspective, not everyone wants their Model-T in black.
 

wessermgm

Well-known member
First Name
Wes
Joined
Aug 24, 2022
Threads
23
Messages
831
Reaction score
1,019
Location
North Texas
Vehicles
2025 F250 King Ranch Tremor; 2024 Bronco Heritage (2DR)
Blend date on my truck, with PAT, was late last week. Called Ford Marketing and they project delivery to my dealer between the last week of May and first week of June.
Yes, you are one of the lucky few with PAT to get a build date. I actually think some have already built. They have some PAT, but they clearly cannot get enough to meet the demand that remains. Everytime I have talked to a dealer that is knowledgeable they have told me that Ford does not have anywhere near the number of these tailgates and they believe that is the reason why my no additional optioned KR is still unscheduled from a 10/13/23 order date.
 

Sponsored


WalterMitty

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 17, 2022
Threads
23
Messages
577
Reaction score
479
Location
Chicagoland
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor
Although I'm not drawing Social Security yet, I am collecting grandkids. But unlike you, I was pleased the PAT was included in the KR's standard options. I would have added it if it wasn't.

I have a vertically challenged wife, will have a bed cover on the truck, and will be towing a couple's travel trailer. - The PAT allows access to the bed with minimal effort/impact. Thus, it suits us.

Unlike Papa Henry's perspective, not everyone wants their Model-T in black.
But requiring/forcing the PAT on peeps is very much like Papa Henry. Seems like some things are hard to change at Ford.
 

Will_NY

Well-known member
First Name
Will
Joined
Oct 22, 2023
Threads
10
Messages
52
Reaction score
17
Location
New York
Vehicles
2024 Platinum 701A
Occupation
IT - Healthcare

JJSnell

Well-known member
First Name
JJSnell
Joined
Feb 22, 2023
Threads
78
Messages
1,608
Reaction score
2,045
Location
CdA, ID
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
Trying to understand all the hoopla over the new tailgate. I could have sworn I was following a Dodge pickup truck that looked like it also had some sort of horizontal hinged swinging door or doors. Did I see that correctly?

Edit\Update-

Id rather walk, than own a Dodge, but yeah... this has been out since 2020. Ford being four, five years too late and still having issues with it, is kinda concerning:

Ford F-150 pro access tail gate 1716136611770-su
 
Last edited:

Swaine

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 17, 2024
Threads
3
Messages
66
Reaction score
71
Location
SoCal
Vehicles
2024 F-150 Lariat 5.0
Yes, you are one of the lucky few with PAT to get a build date. I actually think some have already built. They have some PAT, but they clearly cannot get enough to meet the demand that remains. Everytime I have talked to a dealer that is knowledgeable they have told me that Ford does not have anywhere near the number of these tailgates and they believe that is the reason why my no additional optioned KR is still unscheduled from a 10/13/23 order date.
My build with PAT is scheduled to be built on May 30th confirmed by Granger. I guess I'm lucky as well.

Hopefully no delays!
Sponsored

 
 







Top