Sponsored

Passenger Mirror Camera Facing Down

BostonWLS

Well-known member
First Name
Tom
Joined
Mar 28, 2023
Threads
9
Messages
57
Reaction score
33
Location
Massachusetts
Vehicles
2023 F150
Put truck in reverse the other day and noticed the 360 was messed up. Check all the camera and at first glance everything looked ok. Then switched the the side mirror cameras and noticed it was facing down. Just happened suddenly. No collisions or anything. Has anyone else dealt with this and know of an easy solution?

I have an appointment with dealer on 7/30 but if it’s an easy fix I’d rather do it myself.

Ford F-150 Passenger Mirror Camera Facing Down IMG_8197
Ford F-150 Passenger Mirror Camera Facing Down IMG_8198
Sponsored

 

Porpoise Hork

Well-known member
First Name
Bret
Joined
Aug 27, 2022
Threads
18
Messages
2,108
Reaction score
2,417
Location
Houston
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT Sys Admin
Best guess is the camera or mount in the mirror popped loose. Should be able to pop the mirror cover off fairly easily to inspect it. Downside is once you get it fixed you'll need to run a realignment procedure with Forscan (provided you have it)
 
OP
OP

BostonWLS

Well-known member
First Name
Tom
Joined
Mar 28, 2023
Threads
9
Messages
57
Reaction score
33
Location
Massachusetts
Vehicles
2023 F150
The camera is fixed inside. I wonder if I can just re calibrate. Is there a procedure for that somewhere? I do have forscan.
 

ReverendQ

Well-known member
First Name
Kevin
Joined
Mar 26, 2023
Threads
18
Messages
640
Reaction score
727
Location
SoCal
Website
www.linkedin.com
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT PowerBoost 302A Avalanche BAP
Occupation
Engineer
Yes, 360 Camera Calibration is in Forscan, under the wrench if I recall. Done it a bunch as it doesn't always make it perfect IMO.
Sponsored

 
 







Top