Sponsored

Panic button on remote

lynskynbnd

Well-known member
First Name
Bryan
Joined
Apr 21, 2022
Threads
6
Messages
200
Reaction score
344
Location
Virginia
Website
offcambercrawlers.com
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150, 1987 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Auto Tech
Can the panic button on a remote be disabled?
It's totally useless to me and goes off if I lean on anything whether in my pocket or clipped to my belt loop.
Sponsored

 

FrankThompson

Well-known member
First Name
Frank
Joined
Mar 2, 2022
Threads
39
Messages
1,216
Reaction score
1,249
Location
Sebring, FL
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
I used forscan to change it to 2 presses instead of one long press. On my '17 I used to make it go off all the time due to this. It's the reason I found out about forscan initially.
 

mmdpg

Well-known member
First Name
Mark
Joined
Feb 23, 2021
Threads
2
Messages
184
Reaction score
164
Location
Massachusetts
Vehicles
2008 Bullitt Mustang, 2021 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I wrap the remote over the panic button with a couple layers of electrical tape, seems to work well.
 

FirstFord

Well-known member
First Name
Jeff
Joined
May 14, 2022
Threads
65
Messages
771
Reaction score
675
Location
South Central Missouri
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat SuperCab 502A, 4x4 3.5 EcoBoost
Yes, the Panic button can be disabled through Forscan:
Keyfob Panic ButtonBCM726-62-01x*xxxxxxxx--0=disabled, 1=2 clicks, 2=one click (default)
Keyfob Panic AlarmBCM726-01-02xxxxxxx*xx--0=lights & horn (default) 1=lights only
Sponsored

 
 







Top