Sponsored

New Splash Screen for Sync 4 - F-Series 75 Years

astrand1

Well-known member
First Name
Alex
Joined
Dec 16, 2021
Threads
9
Messages
833
Reaction score
606
Location
Michigan
Vehicles
22 Ford F150 Powerboost 7.2kw
Occupation
Studio truck driver
From what I can tell, that's fairly cost prohibitive for a DIY'er (blowing $550 on a cable to update my infotainment in my truck might cause a few permanent wounds from my wife LOL). Thank you for the information though!
If you have a windows laptop all you need is this: VXDIAG VCX Nano Compatible for Ford/Mazda 2 in 1 Diagnostic Tool with IDS Programming Tool https://a.co/d/2t2DzLM

I got it and had to install a couple of drivers and then the FDRS software and I was good to go. It’s $50 for 48 hours of access to FDRS. I updated my trailer module. That was the only module that showed an update but worked perfectly.
Sponsored

 

astrand1

Well-known member
First Name
Alex
Joined
Dec 16, 2021
Threads
9
Messages
833
Reaction score
606
Location
Michigan
Vehicles
22 Ford F150 Powerboost 7.2kw
Occupation
Studio truck driver
Because 22238 isn’t available for 21 if you were to force it then it derails your updates it’s not being forced on 22

my truck I forced it so my apim reports no software and will now need to be updated manually if an update comes out for 21. Also if you force it you may not be able to install on top of it so that’s why it’s best to wait for the official updates

I don’t because I have apims available to me and tools that I can correct it.
So on my 22 can I get that update from you or am I better off waiting for an OTA? I plugged truck into FDRS a couple weeks ago and the only update was for the trailer module. Is there somewhere else I can look for this update for the apim or have they just not released it?
 

Jesse-Infotainment

Well-known member
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Joined
May 27, 2021
Threads
9
Messages
3,961
Reaction score
6,401
Location
Dallas
Vehicles
2024 F150 Lightning
So on my 22 can I get that update from you or am I better off waiting for an OTA? I plugged truck into FDRS a couple weeks ago and the only update was for the trailer module. Is there somewhere else I can look for this update for the apim or have they just not released it?
It wasnt available until recently. If you have FDRS it will be there now
 

pavementends

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 21, 2021
Threads
15
Messages
615
Reaction score
516
Location
Idaho
Vehicles
'21 302A SuperCab 3.5EB, Lots of dirt bikes
Occupation
Enginerd
UPDATE: New 75 year splash screen works perfectly on my personal ‘22 Ford F-150 Lariat. However the update doesn’t do anything on my work take-home ‘21 Ford F-150 XLT; seems like it’s still on Sync Version 22192, which needs to be on 22238. Still waiting on the next OTA update or so to get up-to-date.
Appreciate this!
 

hotrodmex

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 4, 2022
Threads
2
Messages
1,070
Reaction score
937
Location
Ca
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
If you have 22228 you can enable this splash screen as well as the new themes
Did you share the setting for the themes? I can't seem to find any info on it. Or trade secret??️‍♂

I thought the Splash Screen setting controlled this as well, but I just get the "75."

EDIT: thanks for updating in the other thread!
 
Last edited:

Sponsored

tbinmd

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 23, 2021
Threads
4
Messages
946
Reaction score
791
Location
USA
Vehicles
22 KR F150

Snakebitten

Well-known member
First Name
Bruce
Joined
Jun 19, 2021
Threads
5
Messages
11,560
Reaction score
22,964
Location
Coastal Texas
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
FDRS is the ONLY way any of us have our trucks current/up-to-date with the software/firmware released by Ford.

(It's actually the official licensed Motorcraft diagnostics software that Ford Dealership Service Departments use. And as stated, a non dealership license for 2 days use is $50)

Waiting for OTA is an option, but historically speaking it's not only unpredictable, but many updates available for our trucks are for things that aren't related to user features, but rather modules that are managing the various subsystems and engine management. Most have never been queued for OTA ever. So a Job1 2021 F150 could be 15 or 20 updates behind on things that address many of the complaints on a forum like this.
 
Last edited:
First Name
abdullah
Joined
Nov 3, 2024
Threads
3
Messages
12
Reaction score
1
Location
Kuwait
Vehicles
2022-F150-XLT
anyone knows how to enable the ford performance logo on 2021? using forscan
Sponsored

 
 







Top