Sponsored

Max tow axle question….

Snakebitten

Well-known member
First Name
Bruce
Joined
Jun 19, 2021
Threads
5
Messages
11,560
Reaction score
22,964
Location
Coastal Texas
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Odd.. Mine is from dearborn and it is in that date range (ordered January 2021 picked up July 2021). My dealer said it was customer sat program so they wont fix it unless it broke.
Note that there may very well be newer bulletins than the one I posted. I included the whole first page this time and it's at least implied that the intention is to replace both sides of ALL trucks listed and it would not require evidence of a problem once inventory was adequate to accomplish.

Ford F-150 Max tow axle question…. Screenshot_20231016_213150_OneDriv
Sponsored

 

minirx7

Well-known member
First Name
Ed
Joined
May 13, 2021
Threads
6
Messages
244
Reaction score
169
Location
Toronto
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat Sport 502A Screw Max Tow 3.5L
Note that there may very well be newer bulletins than the one I posted. I included the whole first page this time and it's at least implied that the intention is to replace both sides of ALL trucks listed and it would not require evidence of a problem once inventory was adequate to accomplish.

Screenshot_20231016_213150_OneDrive.jpg
Ahh, that makes so much more sense!
 

SALEEN961

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 1, 2023
Threads
12
Messages
653
Reaction score
876
Location
Radnor, PA
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A
Occupation
Automotive Technician
Here's a pdf copy of what I believe to be that latest version of 22B34, supplement #1 from July 7, 2023.
 

Attachments

Jus Cruisin

Well-known member
First Name
Tim
Joined
Feb 13, 2021
Threads
15
Messages
910
Reaction score
962
Location
Metro Detroit
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
Thanks for being a good sport. :)

Screenshot_20231016_184953_OneDrive.jpg
Unfortunately, it's happening outside of those dates. The max-tow axle thread is now a "sticky" on the other forum with over 1500 replies. I had max-tow and that was one thing that didn't break on mine.
Some have had to pay for the repair initially. Not sure if they've been reimbursed.
But, if it fails the truck won't "blow up". As many have reported, they never knew it broke until a wheel was removed during a tire repair or rotation.
 
 







Top