Sponsored

Exterior lights - what are you running?

The_Auto_Tech

Well-known member
First Name
Cody
Joined
Dec 16, 2023
Threads
40
Messages
529
Reaction score
242
Location
Des Moines, IA
Vehicles
2022 XL 4x2 3.3
Been a bit since I've looked into the latest offerings or upgrades available to the 21+ trucks. I currently am waiting for my Diode Dynamics Elite headlights to arrive, but have the Diode Dynamics Elite fog lights sitting here ready to install to go with them. I really hope they're worth the hold out over the Morimoto headlights, because I have those on my Gen 1 Raptor and love them. I also have the Morimoto red tail lights (I didn't really like the white strip on the smoked version), Morimoto third brake light, and Morimoto license plate lights. Trying to stick to the "street truck" look, so probably won't add any grille or off road style lighting. Would like to swap mirrors so I can run the courtesy lights, and also add some sort of bed lighting. What are you guys running?
Sponsored

 

SpaceWhiteF150

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 18, 2021
Threads
71
Messages
2,384
Reaction score
1,582
Location
Montgomery, Texas
Vehicles
2021 F150
The morimoto headlights look great man. They also updated the smoked tails for a darker light tube! Here’s the DD heads on my buddies truck!
Ford F-150 Exterior lights - what are you running? IMG_0150
Ford F-150 Exterior lights - what are you running? IMG_0149


Then he modified my grille bracket for extra lights in the center of the bumper!!
Ford F-150 Exterior lights - what are you running? IMG_9724
 
OP
OP

The_Auto_Tech

Well-known member
First Name
Cody
Joined
Dec 16, 2023
Threads
40
Messages
529
Reaction score
242
Location
Des Moines, IA
Vehicles
2022 XL 4x2 3.3
The morimoto headlights look great man. They also updated the smoked tails for a darker light tube! Here’s the DD heads on my buddies truck!
IMG_0150.jpeg
IMG_0149.jpeg


Then he modified my grille bracket for extra lights in the center of the bumper!!
IMG_9724.jpeg

Any ideas when they updated to the darker light tube? Those are much better than the originals that had the basically "white" tube. That's the large reason I went with the smoked red tails, but I'm debating now maybe selling the red ones and getting the black ones. lol
 

SpaceWhiteF150

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 18, 2021
Threads
71
Messages
2,384
Reaction score
1,582
Location
Montgomery, Texas
Vehicles
2021 F150
Any ideas when they updated to the darker light tube? Those are much better than the originals that had the basically "white" tube. That's the large reason I went with the smoked red tails, but I'm debating now maybe selling the red ones and getting the black ones. lol
It was very recent, if you need a set shoot me a pm! Also can take the red ones off your hands!
 

Sponsored

OP
OP

The_Auto_Tech

Well-known member
First Name
Cody
Joined
Dec 16, 2023
Threads
40
Messages
529
Reaction score
242
Location
Des Moines, IA
Vehicles
2022 XL 4x2 3.3
It was very recent, if you need a set shoot me a pm! Also can take the red ones off your hands!
The red ones I have currently have a warranty issue I need to get with Morimoto about. It looks like one of the LED's in the "DRL tube" is burnt out as it's got a dim spot in it. Depending on what happens with that I'll definitely get ahold of ya! Hoping my DD headlights show up soon. :(
 

Sponsored


amschind

Well-known member
First Name
Adam
Joined
Apr 22, 2022
Threads
21
Messages
1,097
Reaction score
1,048
Location
Texas
Vehicles
'21 F150 SCrew 4x4 Powerboost
Occupation
Physician
I have Diode Dynamics 3 flush mounted pods on the sides of my front and rear pipe bumpers as well as a set of tilting rectangle pods mounted on the rear bed lips facing in (I have a topper, so this is to illuminate the bed as a work area when needed....the ARE overhead light is kind of anemic). I am also working on putting a set of flush pods facing the trailer hitch, but it is a pain to get to the angle grinder in there without melting the trailer connector.
 

HammaMan

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 7, 2022
Threads
123
Messages
8,526
Reaction score
9,934
Location
SE US
Vehicles
2022 307a PB
I have Diode Dynamics 3 flush mounted pods on the sides of my front and rear pipe bumpers as well as a set of tilting rectangle pods mounted on the rear bed lips facing in (I have a topper, so this is to illuminate the bed as a work area when needed....the ARE overhead light is kind of anemic). I am also working on putting a set of flush pods facing the trailer hitch, but it is a pain to get to the angle grinder in there without melting the trailer connector.
Where's the pics of your truck's evolution? I thought I was bad with pics
 

amschind

Well-known member
First Name
Adam
Joined
Apr 22, 2022
Threads
21
Messages
1,097
Reaction score
1,048
Location
Texas
Vehicles
'21 F150 SCrew 4x4 Powerboost
Occupation
Physician
Where's the pics of your truck's evolution? I thought I was bad with pics
I kept messing with stuff. I'll post pics of the exhaust because that's done. The lights I still need to get the overhead switches and tailgate lights installed. My time is getting chewed up diving around to get ag equipment for my vineyard/hobby farm. The issue if that if you're cutting hay on 11 acres, a $35k round baler isn't reasonable unless you've got FU money. So I get to take my chances on road trips to rural Arkansas.

I am gonna try to finish up in late October.
 

HammaMan

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 7, 2022
Threads
123
Messages
8,526
Reaction score
9,934
Location
SE US
Vehicles
2022 307a PB
I kept messing with stuff. I'll post pics of the exhaust because that's done. The lights I still need to get the overhead switches and tailgate lights installed. My time is getting chewed up diving around to get ag equipment for my vineyard/hobby farm. The issue if that if you're cutting hay on 11 acres, a $35k round baler isn't reasonable unless you've got FU money. So I get to take my chances on road trips to rural Arkansas.

I am gonna try to finish up in late October.
Been there, done that. Enjoy. Bought the place overgrown, turned it into a beautiful multi-home farm and still own a small part of it. It's now 4 separate parcels and the bulk is overgrown. Bought a 12 ton track loader to clear the forests (after selective foresting) into easily traversed areas that are just overgrown again (yearly hogging was more than enough to keep it inline, outside of the trails I cut and regularly rode on). High tensile steel wire with high voltage was quite effective fencing and easy to make 'pretty' with machines (cutters ride under the wire without snagging it unlike barbed wire). Had a neighbor's horse get loose and run into one of the fences at a pretty good gallop and it flipped it over backwards onto its back -- fence and posts were unphased.

Made massive vegetation piles and burnt them the following years with the track loader. 2 parts motor oil to 1 part gasoline was my burn juice. Multi-year vegetation killer is your friend for specific areas like fence posts / garden fences. Needs to touch the soil, water it down and use dish soap for general vegetation killing. 1g diluted to 75g of product was like magic for 'vegetation can't grow' (not to be confused for glyphosate which doesn't last 1yr+).
Sponsored

 
 







Top