Sponsored

Bump stop extension really needed with 1”?

bjl95mustang

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 16, 2025
Threads
16
Messages
172
Reaction score
143
Location
Pflugerville Texas
Vehicles
2024 F-150 STX 4X4 2.7
Occupation
Fire Fighter
I got the Eibach rear block kit that replaces the factory block giving you an extra 1”. I’ll be installing 5100 shocks in the rear good for 1” extra of lift.

Is it really necessary to install the bump stop extensions for just 1” extra?

Ford F-150 Bump stop extension really needed with 1”? IMG_8148
Sponsored

 

TheGoatman

Well-known member
Joined
May 30, 2021
Threads
10
Messages
850
Reaction score
550
Location
Powerboost
Vehicles
22 powerboost
Are the 5100s longer collapsed compared to the stock shocks?

I would be less worried about neg arching the spring. I would use them if the new shock is longer collapsed to make sure u don’t run the shock all the way down and send that load to the mounts and shock
 
OP
OP
bjl95mustang

bjl95mustang

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 16, 2025
Threads
16
Messages
172
Reaction score
143
Location
Pflugerville Texas
Vehicles
2024 F-150 STX 4X4 2.7
Occupation
Fire Fighter
I tried to find the stock 4x4 collapsed and extended length.
 

honda250xtitan

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 10, 2024
Threads
2
Messages
231
Reaction score
264
Location
Phoenix
Vehicles
2023 F150 XL Rattler
can measure it when you pull them off. twintubes collapse easily. those bilsteins however are a bear. if they come strapped, try to install them without cutting the straps. otherwise youre gonna be jacking the truck up via the hitch to get full droop to match up with the 5100's at full extension.
 

Sponsored

OP
OP
bjl95mustang

bjl95mustang

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 16, 2025
Threads
16
Messages
172
Reaction score
143
Location
Pflugerville Texas
Vehicles
2024 F-150 STX 4X4 2.7
Occupation
Fire Fighter
Yeah, I’ll just measure the stock when I pull them off. The bump stop extensions are quick.

I don’t know about needing a jack to install the 5100. I’ve done them on a F250 and just compressed it by hand.
 
OP
OP
bjl95mustang

bjl95mustang

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 16, 2025
Threads
16
Messages
172
Reaction score
143
Location
Pflugerville Texas
Vehicles
2024 F-150 STX 4X4 2.7
Occupation
Fire Fighter
16.43” non fx4 non tremor
I was in the middle of typing something out and then saw you posted.

I appreciate that. I’m not doing anything crazy with the truck so I’ll probably just install all the hardware Eibach has in the kit.
 

TheGoatman

Well-known member
Joined
May 30, 2021
Threads
10
Messages
850
Reaction score
550
Location
Powerboost
Vehicles
22 powerboost
I was in the middle of typing something out and then saw you posted.

I appreciate that. I’m not doing anything crazy with the truck so I’ll probably just install all the hardware Eibach has in the kit.
I checked my notes again. That was the front the rear is 17.5”
 

adyaro77

Well-known member
First Name
Anthony
Joined
Sep 23, 2023
Threads
17
Messages
432
Reaction score
317
Location
Clay Township
Vehicles
2024 F-150
Occupation
Electrician
Comes down to what you tow or haul.
Sponsored

 
 







Top