Sponsored

2021 F-150 Door Keypad Clip Broken - SOLVED

ColdMan3xl

New member
First Name
Coleman
Joined
Feb 4, 2023
Threads
1
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
Location
Houston
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat FX4
Occupation
Medical Device Sales Rep
Figured I’d share this issue I had to help anyone out that may have the same. A few days ago I noticed my door key pad was protruding out of the side pillar, tried to push it back in but upon further inspection the plastic clip was completely shredded off (See Photo Attached). After looking up the issue, I found the only solution was to buy a whole new one. After finding out I would have to take the driver side door panel off to fix it I was hesitant to do it myself. Went to Ford to get it done but they said I would have to leave it for a few days till they could get to it. Needing my truck for work I went back to the drawing board and discovered the keypad is clipped on with 6 clips to the actual bracket that holds it on. Weird they not sell them as separate parts. I went and bought the part myself (FL3Z-14A626-AG ACTUATOR) for about 85 dollars. I always want to avoid taking off a door panel unless absolutely necessary, but since the keypad itself was fine I knew swapping out the bracket would be the best option for me.

Popping the clips out of the new one is pretty nerve racking since if you break them you need to get a whole new actuator. A really thin flat head screwdriver and if you have two even better. Just pry the 3 tabs on one side off then push on the buttons to get leverage to pop it out and you’re in business. Then with the existing one it’s not as nerve racking since if you break the tabs on the bracket you’ll be okay it is going to be thrown out anyway. Just don’t break the tabs on the keypad itself. Then pop off the old one and pop in the new one in and good as new! I really wish Ford would sell this bracket as a stand alone part instead of the whole actuator assembly.

Ford F-150 2021 F-150 Door Keypad Clip Broken - SOLVED IMG_0291


Ford F-150 2021 F-150 Door Keypad Clip Broken - SOLVED IMG_0292


Ford F-150 2021 F-150 Door Keypad Clip Broken - SOLVED IMG_0295
Sponsored

 

S14suspense

Well-known member
First Name
David
Joined
Oct 28, 2022
Threads
0
Messages
86
Reaction score
87
Location
Baton Rouge
Vehicles
21 F150 Powerboost Lariat 502a FX4 Smoked Quartz
(FL3Z-14A626-AG ACTUATOR) for about 85 dollars.

Just had this problem pop up on my 21 and the part was only about $30 shipped. Hopefully it works for me too. Thanks!
 

artwolf

Member
First Name
Art
Joined
Jul 13, 2022
Threads
1
Messages
16
Reaction score
7
Location
Texas
Vehicles
2021 F150 PowerBoost King Ranch 601A
Just had this problem pop up on my 21 and the part was only about $30 shipped. Hopefully it works for me too. Thanks!
Did it work? I need to do the same thing so I'd like to know if the Voodonala Amazon part worked on the 2021 (like mine).
 

Sponsored

S14suspense

Well-known member
First Name
David
Joined
Oct 28, 2022
Threads
0
Messages
86
Reaction score
87
Location
Baton Rouge
Vehicles
21 F150 Powerboost Lariat 502a FX4 Smoked Quartz
Did it work? I need to do the same thing so I'd like to know if the Voodonala Amazon part worked on the 2021 (like mine).
Yes, I think I used a butter knife to get the trim off the buttons and swapped it out. All good still
 

Jrohner78

Well-known member
First Name
James
Joined
Apr 12, 2021
Threads
0
Messages
52
Reaction score
25
Location
Iowa
Vehicles
2021 xlt fx4
so looking at the "aftermarket" covers that use double sided tape to hold themselves on I did the same thing with my cover that just broke today. Just cut out some thin strips and placed it around the trim and ta-da cover is back in place and didn't need to order a thing.
 

artwolf

Member
First Name
Art
Joined
Jul 13, 2022
Threads
1
Messages
16
Reaction score
7
Location
Texas
Vehicles
2021 F150 PowerBoost King Ranch 601A
Yes, I think I used a butter knife to get the trim off the buttons and swapped it out. All good still
I ordered it and did that too. Looks perfect, and I have the switch module left over in case that ever breaks. Not hard at all. Anybody wanna buy a set of buttons, with or without a broken bezel? :)
 
 







Top