Sponsored

Potential new ride for my lady

OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

Well-known member
First Name
Robert
Joined
May 9, 2022
Threads
173
Messages
4,343
Reaction score
5,427
Location
North East Texas, Piney Woods
Vehicles
2024 F250 King Ranch Chrome
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
Go for the ST, it looks like an unmarked police vehicle! People will move over when they see that in there rear view. ? ?
You wont have to worry about terrible drivers they'll move aside for you.
i will use that as part of my new math approach to get her sold, flash of the lights and move over ...this is texas.....yeah right :love: :love:
its an EDGE titanium elite or the explorer.
you really get alot in the edge for the $$
Sponsored

 
OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

Well-known member
First Name
Robert
Joined
May 9, 2022
Threads
173
Messages
4,343
Reaction score
5,427
Location
North East Texas, Piney Woods
Vehicles
2024 F250 King Ranch Chrome
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief

tbinmd

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 23, 2021
Threads
4
Messages
946
Reaction score
791
Location
USA
Vehicles
22 KR F150
It appears that the router from WAN 4G to LAN WiFi is deleted, not 4G MODEM for cellular service? I would imagine you still have WiFi for CarPlay/AA?
Yes, the wireless CarPlay/andriod auto uses the bluetooth/wireless in sync.
 

Snakebitten

Well-known member
First Name
Bruce
Joined
Jun 19, 2021
Threads
5
Messages
11,560
Reaction score
22,964
Location
Coastal Texas
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I'm not an SUV guy, but I'm stunned that the Edge is going away. It's such a good value equation in the market today. And the NA drivetrain has been pretty much bullet proof from much that I have heard.

I guess they are just too invisible in the sea of SUVs today?
 

Sponsored

OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

Well-known member
First Name
Robert
Joined
May 9, 2022
Threads
173
Messages
4,343
Reaction score
5,427
Location
North East Texas, Piney Woods
Vehicles
2024 F250 King Ranch Chrome
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
I'm not an SUV guy, but I'm stunned that the Edge is going away. It's such a good value equation in the market today. And the NA drivetrain has been pretty much bullet proof from much that I have heard.

I guess they are just too invisible in the sea of SUVs today?
The 6 speed in edge is a joint venture with gm
For the non boosted models
Plus it's four down towable very friendly
Release park brake , put in neutral and your off to the races.
It's another reason why we have one
 

Big Dog Daddy

Well-known member
First Name
Mark
Joined
May 27, 2021
Threads
33
Messages
2,453
Reaction score
3,934
Location
New Jersey
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
I'm not an SUV guy, but I'm stunned that the Edge is going away. It's such a good value equation in the market today. And the NA drivetrain has been pretty much bullet proof from much that I have heard.

I guess they are just too invisible in the sea of SUVs today?
I would Ventre that Ford has decided that the Edge with its Otto cycle engine is no longer viable to produce. ?‍♂??
 
OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

Well-known member
First Name
Robert
Joined
May 9, 2022
Threads
173
Messages
4,343
Reaction score
5,427
Location
North East Texas, Piney Woods
Vehicles
2024 F250 King Ranch Chrome
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
I would Ventre that Ford has decided that the Edge with its Otto cycle engine is no longer viable to produce. ?‍♂??
They were killing it off for 2023...but then the no buy ev. In masses. So it was back on for 24.. no w9rd for 25. It's built in Canada iirc
The eco boost engine in them now is a giddy up go ..it's pretty quick moving nearly 4k lbs.
 

Snakebitten

Well-known member
First Name
Bruce
Joined
Jun 19, 2021
Threads
5
Messages
11,560
Reaction score
22,964
Location
Coastal Texas
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I'm an Ecoboost consumer and have had great luck with them.
But the NA V6 in my 2012 F150 (103,000) and 2017 Transit (190,000) have been absolutely flawless.

If I were shopping used Edge, I'd much prefer the NA V6 over the little Ecoboost.
But then I should admit that I wouldn't be the daily driver. :)
 
OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

Well-known member
First Name
Robert
Joined
May 9, 2022
Threads
173
Messages
4,343
Reaction score
5,427
Location
North East Texas, Piney Woods
Vehicles
2024 F250 King Ranch Chrome
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
I'm an Ecoboost consumer and have had great luck with them.
But the NA V6 in my 2012 F150 (103,000) and 2017 Transit (190,000) have been absolutely flawless.

If I were shopping used Edge, I'd much prefer the NA V6 over the little Ecoboost.
But then I should admit that I wouldn't be the daily driver. :)
I had a loaner f150 awhile back with the na. V6... it was pretty peppy and had gobs of torque imo
 

Sponsored


fordtruckman2003

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 28, 2023
Threads
26
Messages
4,587
Reaction score
3,746
Location
Indy
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
last time i checked, granger is under xplan by a mile or two ??‍♂
Leftovers on dealer lot can be even lower when they want them gone. X-plan was nothing before covid when every dealer sold at invoice price or less.
 
OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

Well-known member
First Name
Robert
Joined
May 9, 2022
Threads
173
Messages
4,343
Reaction score
5,427
Location
North East Texas, Piney Woods
Vehicles
2024 F250 King Ranch Chrome
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
last time i checked, granger is under xplan by a mile or two ??‍♂
Agreed...if there were not 2 potentials within 100 miles one is 1200 below expln
The other 2000. It's been on lot since April 23.
If I was ordering. I would be on phone to them
To see
 

Graygoose2021

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 18, 2021
Threads
37
Messages
2,780
Reaction score
2,846
Location
Oklahoma
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
ST's are the bomb, Lund tine...11's...
 

PaulGrun

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 18, 2022
Threads
9
Messages
410
Reaction score
440
Location
United States
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT
Let's be honest here - it's YOU who wants a new F-150; she's just the convenient excuse.
If it was really about what SHE wants you'd be scouring the earth looking for a new Edge or equiv for her.
Amiright?
Sponsored

 
 







Top