Sponsored

Tomahawk HHT

missileboy

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 22, 2024
Threads
9
Messages
153
Reaction score
271
Location
MD
Vehicles
24 F150
Just a heads up if you are using a Tomahawk HHT. I was installing a new tune for my Whipple that they sent me, and on the first attempt it made it to about ~8% and crashed. I then tried to do the load again, this time it got to 100% but then flashed a screen that said "Process Aborted:~error 5180". Truck would start but it was in a limp like mode with seriously reduced power. No DTC's or any other codes.

I took the tomahawk back in the house and erased the .bin file on it, re-downloaded the .bin file and went back out to try and re-program. This time it went all the way through to 100% and seemed like it updated faster than the previous attempts. After it got to 100%, the tomahawk flashed twice and then said programming complete. Started the truck and she runs like a raped ape with the new tune.

So it took 3 tries to get it to load properly. My battery is topped off, and I never charged it between these attempts, so I know it was not related to low voltage, I will just attribute it to a bug in the original download from the dropbox link Whipple sent me. Second download of the same file worked fine, so if you have issues, there are some bugs out there apparently and it might take multiple attempts to get them to load-
Sponsored

 
 







Top