Sponsored

OMG...It's arrived!!!

kizane21

Well-known member
First Name
Cole
Joined
Feb 1, 2024
Threads
0
Messages
59
Reaction score
24
Location
Peoria, AZ
Vehicles
2024 ford f150 stx 5.0L 4x4
Occupation
Retired
With the amount of money being spent, I understand your nervousness.

I don't know if you are financing or not. If you are, make sure you are pre-approved with a rate before you go in. That will give you something to bargain with in finance. If you are paying cash, just figure out if you want an extended warranty or not. People here say the whole process takes about 30 minutes and isn't very high pressured.
exactly what I was needing to know thank you very much, $49k plus tax and warranty, have $30k cash and was going to finance rest, when I reached out to ask about the financing chip but my head off, which I get but just was going to ask this stuff, have 715 credit score and decent monthly income just didn't want to get denied or something then what am I gonna do ya know?
Sponsored

 

kizane21

Well-known member
First Name
Cole
Joined
Feb 1, 2024
Threads
0
Messages
59
Reaction score
24
Location
Peoria, AZ
Vehicles
2024 ford f150 stx 5.0L 4x4
Occupation
Retired
With the amount of money being spent, I understand your nervousness.

I don't know if you are financing or not. If you are, make sure you are pre-approved with a rate before you go in. That will give you something to bargain with in finance. If you are paying cash, just figure out if you want an extended warranty or not. People here say the whole process takes about 30 minutes and isn't very high pressured.
yeah exactly what I what looking for info wise, have more than 50% down and going to pay the rest of lf early next year
 

kizane21

Well-known member
First Name
Cole
Joined
Feb 1, 2024
Threads
0
Messages
59
Reaction score
24
Location
Peoria, AZ
Vehicles
2024 ford f150 stx 5.0L 4x4
Occupation
Retired
thanks for the help Bobcatou & Rinn69, I need this to end our I'm gonna kill my dad lol (technically my dad's truck) I'm just his son doing it all for them
 
OP
OP
Bobcatou

Bobcatou

Well-known member
First Name
Bryan
Joined
Apr 7, 2024
Threads
86
Messages
374
Reaction score
253
Location
Port Townsend, WA
Website
listentothewindmedia.com
Vehicles
'24 Lariat, (Carbonized Gray Metallic)
thanks for the help Bobcatou & Rinn69, I need this to end our I'm gonna kill my dad lol (technically my dad's truck) I'm just his son doing it all for them
I did that for my Mom once. I thought it might be fun since I wasn't paying for the vehicle. Found out it wasn't. LOL

I don't think Chip has much to do with financing, that was probably why he was short. There are a couple specific people for that.
 

kizane21

Well-known member
First Name
Cole
Joined
Feb 1, 2024
Threads
0
Messages
59
Reaction score
24
Location
Peoria, AZ
Vehicles
2024 ford f150 stx 5.0L 4x4
Occupation
Retired

Sponsored

Rinn69

Well-known member
First Name
Mike
Joined
Sep 21, 2023
Threads
10
Messages
452
Reaction score
643
Location
N Central IOWA
Vehicles
24 F-150 XL 4x4 RCSB Carbonized Gray
Occupation
Retired USAF Medic
You have to request your points? They don't show up automatically?
No, they are supposed to show up shortly after your purchase, but after reading on here about folks that waited a month or more, I was just being proactive. On the Ford Pass app, there is a "Request Points" tab, I clicked it, entered the info it requested, and voila !! The worst that would happen is being told "they won't be ready for XX days after purchase". But it worked out for me (y)
 

Chilidog

Well-known member
First Name
Todd
Joined
Jan 4, 2022
Threads
8
Messages
175
Reaction score
167
Location
St. Louis, Missouri
Vehicles
2022 F150, Lariat, 5.0, Fx4, 502A, Carbonized Gray
I was up at the lot checking mine over before they ever called me. :)
 

bdginmo

Well-known member
Joined
May 15, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
66
Reaction score
79
Location
Missouri
Vehicles
2023 F-150
That 3.5L Powerboost powertrain is a beast. I got mine a couple of weeks ago. You'll definitely notice the power/torque. And it's pretty cool that you don't have to compromise MPGs to get it. I did my first drive into work this morning; 30 miles mostly highway at 60 mph and the computer said 27.7 MPG for the trip.
 

SomebodyInGNV

Well-known member
First Name
Chris
Joined
Feb 6, 2022
Threads
8
Messages
324
Reaction score
115
Location
Gainesville, FL
Vehicles
'21 F150 4WD 301A 3.5L w/ HDPP
Occupation
retired
yeah exactly what I what looking for info wise, have more than 50% down and going to pay the rest of lf early next year
I didn't know about financing through Granger, specifically, but it may behoove you to not pay it off before a year*.

If that is true (ask), finance it with a goal of the lowest payment possible. That probably means a very long term. Immediately pay off all but 12 months' worth of payments. (You can calculate that.) That minimizes the remaining principal, and the total interest paid.

*In one deal I made, an RV dealer ran my credit card and I signed a document agreeing to reimburse them for their kickback if I paid it off before 12 months, causing them to lose the bank kickback. It was all very transparent. That may be a unique situation and irrelevant, but those deals exist. (Don't bother telling me it was a stupid idea. I saved thousands, and I'm a financially savvy person.)
 

SomebodyInGNV

Well-known member
First Name
Chris
Joined
Feb 6, 2022
Threads
8
Messages
324
Reaction score
115
Location
Gainesville, FL
Vehicles
'21 F150 4WD 301A 3.5L w/ HDPP
Occupation
retired
That 3.5L Powerboost powertrain is a beast. I got mine a couple of weeks ago. You'll definitely notice the power/torque. And it's pretty cool that you don't have to compromise MPGs to get it. I did my first drive into work this morning; 30 miles mostly highway at 60 mph and the computer said 27.7 MPG for the trip.
Note that an EcoBoost is Eco, or Boost, not both. If you want MPG, drive accordingly.
 

Sponsored


bdginmo

Well-known member
Joined
May 15, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
66
Reaction score
79
Location
Missouri
Vehicles
2023 F-150
Note that an EcoBoost is Eco, or Boost, not both. If you want MPG, drive accordingly.
Yeah. That's what I mean. If you want the power/torque floor it. If you want the MPG take it easy on the throttle. You get both; just not at the same time.
 

SomebodyInGNV

Well-known member
First Name
Chris
Joined
Feb 6, 2022
Threads
8
Messages
324
Reaction score
115
Location
Gainesville, FL
Vehicles
'21 F150 4WD 301A 3.5L w/ HDPP
Occupation
retired
Yeah. That's what I mean. If you want the power/torque floor it. If you want the MPG take it easy on the throttle. You get both; just not at the same time.
Basically, if you want MPG, minimize boost. You can monitor that with the gauge on the instrument panel.
 
OP
OP
Bobcatou

Bobcatou

Well-known member
First Name
Bryan
Joined
Apr 7, 2024
Threads
86
Messages
374
Reaction score
253
Location
Port Townsend, WA
Website
listentothewindmedia.com
Vehicles
'24 Lariat, (Carbonized Gray Metallic)
I was up at the lot checking mine over before they ever called me. :)
About how many days was it before they called? I'm out of state, so I can't go peek.
 

lrb_35128

Well-known member
First Name
Larry
Joined
Feb 4, 2024
Threads
3
Messages
357
Reaction score
423
Location
San Antonio Metro Area
Vehicles
2024 F-150 King Ranch
Through this process, I have been using Ford Chat more. I find it can give me more reliable information
Agreed. But I find it (almost) amusing Chat keeps referring me to the online tracker...
 
OP
OP
Bobcatou

Bobcatou

Well-known member
First Name
Bryan
Joined
Apr 7, 2024
Threads
86
Messages
374
Reaction score
253
Location
Port Townsend, WA
Website
listentothewindmedia.com
Vehicles
'24 Lariat, (Carbonized Gray Metallic)
Agreed. But I find it (almost) amusing Chat keeps referring me to the online tracker...
I love how they have all the canned responses too. "Your Exciting new purchase" yada yada
Sponsored

 
 







Top