Sponsored

I'm missing my New, Used F-150 Tremor

NCMtnDawg

New member
First Name
Mark
Joined
May 13, 2025
Threads
1
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
NC
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Tremor
Occupation
retired
Hello folks! I'm new to the forum. I traded for a 2021 F-150 Tremor with 41k miles and the package with almost all available options. Well cared for in like new condition. I got home with it late in the day. After parking in the garage, I walked out later and the vehicle welcomed me with lights all around, except for the right side DRL. The dealer had already closed, so I had to wait until the next morning to speak to someone. When I walked out the next morning, the right side DRL came on as it was supposed to. I drove to the dealer to talk about the problem. The light was still working, but an hour or so later, as the sun heated things up, it quit working again. They made another appt for me to bring it in the following week. The mechanic identified the problem as a bad BCU. They said it was backordered. I waited about 3 weeks and stopped by to ask the parts guy if it was still backordered. He looked it up and said it's available. No proactive measures being taken to do anything. He ordered it after I talked to service again and they made another appt to replace it. The part had not come in when I arrived and they found out it was on some type of special order status. They got one from another dealer and put it in. Didn't work and created new issues. They got with Ford who said it had been replaced before and this was the wrong unit. They got the correct unit and was told to program it as a clean install to avoid bringing in any errors from the bad unit. They did that and most problems were corrected, including the DRL, but now they say the brake lights stay on. That was on Thursday after I brought it in Monday morning, June 23rd . It's now been 7 working days at the dealer. They say that they are doing what the Ford engineers tell them to do, but not making progress. This is a small town dealership and I'm getting frustrated. Any advice?
Sponsored

 

sts90

Well-known member
First Name
Theo
Joined
Feb 26, 2023
Threads
7
Messages
65
Reaction score
54
Location
Louisiana
Vehicles
24 XLT FX4 5.0
Occupation
Biomedical
Sad to say the “used” and “as-is” statement is there for a reason. You absorb the burden of repairing but you suppose buy at a discounted price to off set these events. Unfortunately, your luck is like mine. If it is too much to bear, you might have to let it this go, and take the loss to move on. I hope the dealership would work with you and give you what you paid for it or 95% of it back in trade on a different truck. Since it wasn’t purchased new, they can’t play the devaluation of value game. Also, It not being brand new or under bumper-to-bumper warranty your options are limited. I wish I had better news for you. Maybe another person on this form can better advise you of your options in this circumstance.
 
 







Top