Sponsored

Feedback on Teal ULV or Triax ULV? Oh no, not another oil thread!

Jmitchelltfo

Well-known member
First Name
Jeremy
Joined
Aug 12, 2024
Threads
23
Messages
580
Reaction score
666
Location
Ozarks
Vehicles
2021 King Ranch PB
Occupation
Range Ops
Has anyone run this? This ends up being roughly the double the price as Motorcraft ULV on ebay ......so it would have to be great stuff. I didn't see any results on here but figured I would ask anyway.

If I don't get any awesome feedback I will just buy a couple boxes of MC ULV on eBay and call it good.

Your Shopping Cart – Advanced Lubrication, Inc. (advlubrication.com)

Triax ULV on the other hand seems to be very well priced and has good reviews on Amazon.
I'm considering it too, but would like to hear from someone with experience.

Amazon.com: TRIAX ULV ATF, Ultra Low Viscosity, Full Synthetic ATF for Modern High Performance Transmissions (5 Gallon Pail) : Automotive
Sponsored

 
Last edited:

Nighsight

Well-known member
First Name
Tim
Joined
Nov 29, 2021
Threads
26
Messages
125
Reaction score
67
Location
N. Cal
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
I'm just wondering if you have considered using the Valvoline offering? Have you found a reason not to use a mainstream brand?

Ford F-150 Feedback on Teal ULV or Triax ULV? Oh no, not another oil thread! 1000006284
 
OP
OP
Jmitchelltfo

Jmitchelltfo

Well-known member
First Name
Jeremy
Joined
Aug 12, 2024
Threads
23
Messages
580
Reaction score
666
Location
Ozarks
Vehicles
2021 King Ranch PB
Occupation
Range Ops
I'm just wondering if you have considered using the Valvoline offering? Have you found a reason not to use a mainstream brand?

1000006284.jpg
It wasn’t any cheaper than motorcraft ULV from what I found. If there was some info on the Valvoline that showed it was a superior alternative, I’d consider it. But from what I read, it’s just a run of the mill ULV like Motorcraft.
 

FaaWrenchBndr

Well-known member
First Name
Greg
Joined
Jun 23, 2024
Threads
13
Messages
2,552
Reaction score
2,555
Location
Denver, IN
Vehicles
‘24 XLT Powerboost
Occupation
Semi retired aircraft mechanic
My personal opinion, the transmission is to sensitive for me to mix different transmission fluid brands.

I was somehow to do a 100% transmission fluid drain, which I cannot, I would certainly use something other than Motorcraft. But since I can’t, Motorcraft UV is what I will use.
Sponsored

 
 







Top