Sponsored

Crash bars

oldrayseasoning

Active member
First Name
Ray
Joined
Nov 18, 2021
Threads
3
Messages
36
Reaction score
32
Location
Delmarva
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 PowerBoost XLT
Occupation
Chef
For those of you out there with lifts and oversized tires, did you remove your crash bars? I have a ‘21 Powerboost w/ a 3.5 in lift and 305/65/17 tires. They only rub the bars in reverse, but also sometimes I can feel them touch when I’m negotiating bumpy terrain. I know some will say it’s a safety feature that shouldn’t be removed, but raptors don’t have them, so why should I? My main concern with removing them is damaging the resale/trade in value, not damaging my person in an accident. Anybody who got a modded one straight from the dealer Akins, black widow, wild Willy’s etc, do your trucks have them?

Thanks!
Sponsored

 
OP
OP
oldrayseasoning

oldrayseasoning

Active member
First Name
Ray
Joined
Nov 18, 2021
Threads
3
Messages
36
Reaction score
32
Location
Delmarva
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 PowerBoost XLT
Occupation
Chef
To clarify, they only rub at full lock or close too it…
 

Graygoose2021

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 18, 2021
Threads
37
Messages
2,780
Reaction score
2,846
Location
Oklahoma
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
My driver side only does at full lock, when in reverse. Cutting both rears, behind tire tonight.
Drives me nuts.
 
OP
OP
oldrayseasoning

oldrayseasoning

Active member
First Name
Ray
Joined
Nov 18, 2021
Threads
3
Messages
36
Reaction score
32
Location
Delmarva
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 PowerBoost XLT
Occupation
Chef
My driver side only does at full lock, when in reverse. Cutting both rears, behind tire tonight.
Drives me nuts.
I didn’t realize it had rear ones, mine def run the front. What size tires do you have. I’m thinking 295/70/17s might be the play next time…
 

Mtnman1

Well-known member
First Name
Tod
Joined
Feb 9, 2022
Threads
11
Messages
1,746
Reaction score
1,615
Location
Ohio
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
For those of you out there with lifts and oversized tires, did you remove your crash bars? I have a ‘21 Powerboost w/ a 3.5 in lift and 305/65/17 tires. They only rub the bars in reverse, but also sometimes I can feel them touch when I’m negotiating bumpy terrain. I know some will say it’s a safety feature that shouldn’t be removed, but raptors don’t have them, so why should I? My main concern with removing them is damaging the resale/trade in value, not damaging my person in an accident. Anybody who got a modded one straight from the dealer Akins, black widow, wild Willy’s etc, do your trucks have them?

Thanks!
The correct question is "did Ford redesign or simply remove?"
 

Sponsored

sempifi99

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2022
Threads
10
Messages
94
Reaction score
39
Location
Indiana
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL Powerboost FX4
Occupation
IT
From what I understand, not all models come with them. Only the Super Crew cab models. I've also seen videos of people removing them after taking off the front bumper, so no cutting is required.

If you ware most worried about resale value, I would drop the front bumper and remove them that way... Let me see if I can find that video.

Here is that video I was thinking of:

 
OP
OP
oldrayseasoning

oldrayseasoning

Active member
First Name
Ray
Joined
Nov 18, 2021
Threads
3
Messages
36
Reaction score
32
Location
Delmarva
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 PowerBoost XLT
Occupation
Chef
From what I understand, not all models come with them. Only the Super Crew cab models. I've also seen videos of people removing them after taking off the front bumper, so no cutting is required.

If you ware most worried about resale value, I would drop the front bumper and remove them that way... Let me see if I can find that video.

Here is that video I was thinking of:

Thanks. Those bolts are plainly visible, it’s the getting the whole front fascia off bit I don’t trust myself with
 

Graygoose2021

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 18, 2021
Threads
37
Messages
2,780
Reaction score
2,846
Location
Oklahoma
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
The rear ones, behind the front tire. There are some in front of the tire, and some behind front tire.
 
OP
OP
oldrayseasoning

oldrayseasoning

Active member
First Name
Ray
Joined
Nov 18, 2021
Threads
3
Messages
36
Reaction score
32
Location
Delmarva
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 PowerBoost XLT
Occupation
Chef
The rear ones, behind the front tire. There are some in front of the tire, and some behind front tire.
Interesting. Mine has them too but it’s hard to believe they would come into contact before the front ones did…
 

dothedew

Well-known member
Joined
May 19, 2021
Threads
21
Messages
152
Reaction score
101
Location
Colorado
Vehicles
Kia Telluride, Model 3 Performance
I wonder why it only rubs in reverse. Our telluride does the same with big tires, only in reverse.
 

Sponsored


Graygoose2021

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 18, 2021
Threads
37
Messages
2,780
Reaction score
2,846
Location
Oklahoma
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
dont know why, but i did have to trim the lower black airdamn as well. But we cut and cleaned up the rear front tire crash bars last night and painted, looks factory. No rubbing
 

StoneGray22

Well-known member
First Name
Jonathan
Joined
Nov 28, 2021
Threads
7
Messages
318
Reaction score
169
Location
Texas
Vehicles
22 SCREW, 500A, 3.5 EB, 4x4, Max Tow, 157"
I wonder why it only rubs in reverse. Our telluride does the same with big tires, only in reverse.
Please post some photos of the Telluride with big tires!

If I hadn't needed to get a new truck for work, that's definitely the route I was looking. They look awesome!
 

dothedew

Well-known member
Joined
May 19, 2021
Threads
21
Messages
152
Reaction score
101
Location
Colorado
Vehicles
Kia Telluride, Model 3 Performance
Please post some photos of the Telluride with big tires!

If I hadn't needed to get a new truck for work, that's definitely the route I was looking. They look awesome!
They aren't actually that big, and this is a bad pic but here you go. I was actually going to go down to 17" and get bigger sidewalls but decided not to at the last minute because the cost of the level and the wheels was a lot.

Ford F-150 Crash bars IMG_6071
Sponsored

 
 







Top