Sponsored

Air Conditioner seems Anemic.

Marty811

Active member
First Name
Craig
Joined
May 29, 2021
Threads
4
Messages
43
Reaction score
70
Location
Rapid City, South Dakota
Vehicles
2021 F-150 KR Powerboost, 2021 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid
Occupation
Retired
I have 1600 miles on my KR powerboost. The Air Conditioner seems weak, not the fan but the temperature. The air only seems a little cool verses cold. Just came from. 2004 Yukon Denali and the temperature coming out of the vents was twice as cold.
We are struggling to cool off and the outside temperature is only in the mid eighties. My wife wants to take the truck in to have it checked out.
Anyone else experience this?
Sponsored

 

Blueshound

Well-known member
First Name
Dave
Joined
May 12, 2021
Threads
4
Messages
449
Reaction score
447
Location
Connecticut
Vehicles
2021 F150
I would get it checked. My 5.0 xlt was ice cold with outside temps at 98 degrees and sunroof shade open.
 

Spider

New member
Joined
Apr 26, 2021
Threads
1
Messages
4
Reaction score
4
Location
MD
Vehicles
2021 F-150 KR
Mine was a little anemic too (5.0 engine). Had a software update as part of a recall regarding the low oil notice and it works great now. Wouldn't surprise me if this was a software problem relating to an attempt to have an eco setting on the A/C. I think the manufacturers play games to improve their eco ratings when they are shipped - it took digging through a number of menus to turn off such settings in my wife's new car last year, now the A/C will freeze you out.
 

speedracercjr

Well-known member
First Name
Cory
Joined
May 22, 2021
Threads
9
Messages
973
Reaction score
1,260
Location
Houston
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
Definitely get it checked. I live in Houston and I have to regularly make the temp warmer as I'm getting freezed out. I'm not a skinny guy either so I need alot of cooling!
 

GolfR

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 24, 2021
Threads
2
Messages
344
Reaction score
313
Location
Maryland
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
Ive found that the A/C seriously suffers in city driving due to the auto stop/start. When the engine shuts down, the A/C compressor stops and the air quickly warms up and then takes some time to cool down again. Mine is a EB engine, I'm not sure about the shutdown of the compressor on the powerboost but it would make sense that it might shut off when the engine shuts down.
 

Sponsored

PFD664

Well-known member
First Name
Michael
Joined
Jul 1, 2021
Threads
0
Messages
104
Reaction score
155
Location
Warner Robins, Georgia
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Crew 502a Lariat 4x4 Powerboost
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
I believe on the Powerboost it has an electric air conditioning compressor not an engine driven compressor.
 
OP
OP
Marty811

Marty811

Active member
First Name
Craig
Joined
May 29, 2021
Threads
4
Messages
43
Reaction score
70
Location
Rapid City, South Dakota
Vehicles
2021 F-150 KR Powerboost, 2021 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for all of your replies, very helpful.
I called three local dealers for an appointment, earliest I can get in is 7/28!
 

xtraman122

Well-known member
First Name
Pete
Joined
Apr 15, 2021
Threads
13
Messages
744
Reaction score
605
Location
MA
Vehicles
‘24 303A PB
My PowerBoost has great AC, definitely sounds like something is amiss. And yes, like mentioned, the PowerBoost has electric powered AC, so stop/start has no effect on it, you can even get AC when you first turn it on and the engine isn’t even running yet.
 

Lpetters84

Well-known member
First Name
Landon
Joined
Apr 20, 2021
Threads
50
Messages
403
Reaction score
221
Location
Kentucky
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 5.0
Thanks for all of your replies, very helpful.
I called three local dealers for an appointment, earliest I can get in is 7/28!
My air seems to be fine but I am having a similar issue with the cooled seats. They are not cold at all. I though for sure they worked great the first day or so. How about yours?
 

Sponsored


Jaylars

Well-known member
First Name
Jay
Joined
Apr 23, 2021
Threads
4
Messages
137
Reaction score
146
Location
Idaho
Vehicles
2008 5.4 XLT SCREW and 2021 5.0 XLT SCREW
Occupation
Military
I place my AC on auto level one or two 68-70 and make sure my auto start/stop is not activated and it works like a champ.
 

Jerry Can

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 22, 2021
Threads
10
Messages
162
Reaction score
179
Location
Calgary
Vehicles
2021 F150 KR Powerboost, 2-tone Rapid Red, 157”
Occupation
Fuel Container
I have 1600 miles on my KR powerboost. The Air Conditioner seems weak, not the fan but the temperature. The air only seems a little cool verses cold. Just came from. 2004 Yukon Denali and the temperature coming out of the vents was twice as cold.
We are struggling to cool off and the outside temperature is only in the mid eighties. My wife wants to take the truck in to have it checked out.
Anyone else experience this?
I find that my Powerboost AC is weak compared with my 2015 F150. It’s as though the thermostat isn’t calibrated correctly. However, if I turn on max AC, there is certainly enough cooling. Something still seems amiss though
 

jcaspar

Well-known member
First Name
Jeff
Joined
Feb 23, 2021
Threads
2
Messages
481
Reaction score
437
Location
Sacramento CA
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4x4
Get it checked. My Powerboost did great today at 111 degrees today. Had to turn it down.
Sponsored

 
 







Top