Sponsored

23 model year build week august 8

Kodiak

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 27, 2022
Threads
46
Messages
2,303
Reaction score
3,131
Location
Virginia
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
It is conceivable that the dealer ordered a '22 truck to the OP's specs but as dealer inventory...and not technically a custom customer order.
This is probably what happened. It is an already ordered 2022 and may be close to what the OP wanted. However it should be made clear that it is a 22 and not a 23. I find it hard to believe that the dealer did not know this when OP was speaking with them.

OP - With that said you will get this truck a lot sooner if you take this order than actually order a new 2023. However understand that this dealer is probably working under the old saying "it is easier to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission". Once the truck comes in and you go to pick it up and actually see it, they will tell you that it is a 2022 but you will be so far along that you will not care. You may be mad but you will still buy it. They will ask for forgiveness but in the end they will still sell you a truck at MSRP. That $1000 you speak of may be coming from Ford directly and no sweat off their noses.

If you decide to stay with this deal you will get a new 2022 quite quickly but pay significantly more for the luxury of quick turn around and close to home buying.

If you decide to pass on this because you want a 2023 you should look into Granger in Iowa. You will save thousands, big thousands. They work off of invoice and not sticker price MSRP. This will probably add at least 6 months before you will get it, but again you will save a lot of $$$. I ordered from them and hope to pick up my 2022 in Sept. I saved about $6600 before Ford incentives and Granger price protects from date of order. This is a huge benefit as price increases over the time from my order total about $3000+.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
Sponsored

 

smithbillp

Active member
First Name
Bill
Joined
Feb 14, 2022
Threads
1
Messages
38
Reaction score
12
Location
Nashville. TN
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum Hybrid
Occupation
IT
My Platinum was scheduled today for the week of 9/12, it's a 2022 truck.

We are excited to let you know your 2022 F-150 PlatinumSuperCrew has been scheduled for production. Your vehicle is scheduled to be built the week of September 12, 2022.

In your next order status email, we will provide you an estimated delivery window of when your vehicle will arrive at Koons Woodbridge Ford. While you wait, check out the status of your vehicle at any time by clicking the button below.

We have included your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) for your reference: 1FTFW1ED2NFC16849.

What were you promised as far as price lock and interest rate/promotion lock? I was told it would be price locked and I could select the incentive offered at time of order (look up using smart vincent) or what's available day I pick it up (my choice). I have emailed and called multiple people at Koons and no one will reply.
 

tbinmd

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 23, 2021
Threads
4
Messages
946
Reaction score
791
Location
USA
Vehicles
22 KR F150
What were you promised as far as price lock and interest rate/promotion lock? I was told it would be price locked and I could select the incentive offered at time of order (look up using smart vincent) or what's available day I pick it up (my choice). I have emailed and called multiple people at Koons and no one will reply.
Price was locked with promotions and my PCO. Never talked financing as I was going to do the loan for the $1k discount, but pay it off right away, which Dexter said was not a problem.
 

BIG_POPPY

Well-known member
First Name
Jerid
Joined
May 17, 2022
Threads
0
Messages
56
Reaction score
42
Location
Wisconsin
Vehicles
22 F150 157" ECOBOOST, 21 F150 RCSB 5.0,
Occupation
Electrician
What were you promised as far as price lock and interest rate/promotion lock? I was told it would be price locked and I could select the incentive offered at time of order (look up using smart vincent) or what's available day I pick it up (my choice). I have emailed and called multiple people at Koons and no one will reply.
That is how it has always been for me also. This is my 5th truck I have ordered. Lock in rebates and incentives on any day between order and delivery date. Only thing that has changed is I would get trade in value on order date. Now with super long lead times I got trade in value on date I received VIN. Luckily I have a super dealership I use they answer any and every message I have ever sent.
 

smithbillp

Active member
First Name
Bill
Joined
Feb 14, 2022
Threads
1
Messages
38
Reaction score
12
Location
Nashville. TN
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum Hybrid
Occupation
IT
That is how it has always been for me also. This is my 5th truck I have ordered. Lock in rebates and incentives on any day between order and delivery date. Only thing that has changed is I would get trade in value on order date. Now with super long lead times I got trade in value on date I received VIN. Luckily I have a super dealership I use they answer any and every message I have ever sent.
You are so lucky. All the dealers around the Nashville area want MSRP+. I still haven't heard from Koons. When I ordered Ford offered 0% for 60 months. It's 3.9% now. That is over a $100 per month difference on my vehicle... so it's a big deal to me.
 

Sponsored

BIG_POPPY

Well-known member
First Name
Jerid
Joined
May 17, 2022
Threads
0
Messages
56
Reaction score
42
Location
Wisconsin
Vehicles
22 F150 157" ECOBOOST, 21 F150 RCSB 5.0,
Occupation
Electrician
That does suck. Not sure why the difference. I do know I sick of waiting.
 

Snakebitten

Well-known member
First Name
Bruce
Joined
Jun 19, 2021
Threads
5
Messages
11,560
Reaction score
22,964
Location
Coastal Texas
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
If it was 0/60 the day Ford accepted the order, your dealership absolutely can get you 0/60
Ford has a word they use for capturing the incentives that were active on order date. I don't remember what the word is but any dealership worth their salt knows about it.

It's a bummer that there are areas in the country where the consumer can't find a single dealership that wants your order bad enough to compete for it?
 

BIG_POPPY

Well-known member
First Name
Jerid
Joined
May 17, 2022
Threads
0
Messages
56
Reaction score
42
Location
Wisconsin
Vehicles
22 F150 157" ECOBOOST, 21 F150 RCSB 5.0,
Occupation
Electrician
There are dealerships around me who are playing the game also. They call it "market adjustment" luckily none of that for me so far. Friend of mine saw a new Raptor with a $25K "market adjustment" last week.
 

super sparky

Well-known member
First Name
Dale
Joined
Nov 5, 2021
Threads
0
Messages
51
Reaction score
14
Location
galesburg IL
Vehicles
two ford transits, ford edge st
Occupation
electrical contractor
New to the forum guys, but I put my deposit down on a MY23 f -150 platinum and was told the build that would be august 8th is that even possible considering its so close ? Also It’s from planet ford in Texas so I was told they get the trucks the quickest. And they already gave me a vin but the online ford tracker doesn’t seem to be working for me and told said it can’t process this now. Is there any truth to a august 8th build that for a 23 my

506531B9-8C5C-4DD0-B7BA-5FD5EC189D9D.jpeg
you will probably get it I ordered my platnuim 9/21 still not in production
 

Airlifter2

Active member
First Name
Shawn
Joined
Jan 18, 2021
Threads
5
Messages
38
Reaction score
21
Location
Douglas County, Nevada
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat, SuperCab FX4 157" Iconic Silver
Occupation
Political researcher / publisher / Activist leader
yea no, haven’t gotten any of these which is weird considering that my dealer was telling me the scheduled build date is august 8th
Sounds like your dealer isn't telling you the truth, just so he can keep your business? The part about their dealership getting trucks before others isn't true either. Each dealership has allocations and priority codes which determine the order of build and then the complex shipping process can add a few weeks or months.

Them promising you a '23 build Aug 8th is either a gross misunderstanding or you are being played with.

Sounds like you won't get your truck until October or November at least.
 

Sponsored


OP
OP

amanm

Member
First Name
Aman
Joined
Jul 18, 2022
Threads
1
Messages
15
Reaction score
6
Location
Houston
Vehicles
F -150 platinum 23’
Sounds like your dealer isn't telling you the truth, just so he can keep your business? The part about their dealership getting trucks before others isn't true either. Each dealership has allocations and priority codes which determine the order of build and then the complex shipping process can add a few weeks or months.

Them promising you a '23 build Aug 8th is either a gross misunderstanding or you are being played with.

Sounds like you won't get your truck until October or November at least.
Little update for anyone wondering it was just a misunderstanding between the salesman and I. He just confused me with a different customer is all and informed me I’ll be getting a 23 by late this year or early next year!
 

Longdeck

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 7, 2022
Threads
2
Messages
99
Reaction score
89
Location
Williamson County Tennessee
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Platinum 701A PB
Occupation
Retired Drives & Controls Automation Electrical Engineer
Little update for anyone wondering it was just a misunderstanding between the salesman and I. He just confused me with a different customer is all and informed me I’ll be getting a 23 by late this year or early next year!
I hope so but reality is 6 month at earliest, probability 8 months or longer unless the supply chain improves for 2023. Plat PB seems to be the last on list for scheduling & manufacturing.
 
OP
OP

amanm

Member
First Name
Aman
Joined
Jul 18, 2022
Threads
1
Messages
15
Reaction score
6
Location
Houston
Vehicles
F -150 platinum 23’
I hope so but reality is 6 month at earliest, probability 8 months or longer unless the supply chain improves for 2023.
I hope not, my dealership told me they have delivery times typically of 4 months since they are one of the largest in the country so I think they get more allocations than most dealerships. But again anything could happen just trying to be optimistic!
 

Longdeck

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 7, 2022
Threads
2
Messages
99
Reaction score
89
Location
Williamson County Tennessee
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Platinum 701A PB
Occupation
Retired Drives & Controls Automation Electrical Engineer
I hope not, my dealership told me they have delivery times typically of 4 months since they are one of the largest in the country so I think they get more allocations than most dealerships. But again anything could happen just trying to be optimistic!
I was told 4 months 6 months ago and now missing 22 builds and flipping into MY23. If I get it by next May 2023, I’ll feel lucky.:)

Of course, I’m holding out to get what I had ordered…nothing more, nothing less.
 

Payup

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 17, 2022
Threads
2
Messages
226
Reaction score
254
Location
Wisconsin
Vehicles
2020 F150 XLT Sport Special Edition
I hope so but reality is 6 month at earliest, probability 8 months or longer unless the supply chain improves for 2023. Plat PB seems to be the last on list for scheduling & manufacturing.

Co-worker ordered a Plat PB, BAP on 3/30 - got vin# the next week (supposedly the trucks hardest getting built and he was built a month after ordering) and it will be here this week (currently on a truck) - There is zero rhyme or reason with Ford.
Sponsored

 
 







Top