Sponsored

22 f150 plat. change?? front cam activation

aaexpert

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 30, 2021
Threads
16
Messages
171
Reaction score
91
Location
nh
Vehicles
22 f150 platinum
my 21 plat. vs. my 22 plat. When pulling into the garage, the 360 cams would come on and I could see my front cam and know when to stop, now only my front sensors display shows up....not sure if that changed with the Delete/loss of the ParkAssist? Or is that a Forscan option?
Sponsored

 
Last edited:

hotrodmex

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 4, 2022
Threads
2
Messages
1,070
Reaction score
937
Location
Ca
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
my 21 plat. vs. my 22 plat. When pulling into the garage, the 360 cams would come on and I could see my front cam and know when to stop, now only my front sensors display shows up....not sure if that changed with the Delete/loss of the ParkAssist?
This feature still works with the cameras (22 Lariat), so you might have something wrong. Do you have an adapter to check DTCs with FORscan? You don't need a full computer, you can do it with a BT OBDII dongle and FORscan Lite phone app.

Also, the lane keep assist Alert has 3 options to vibrate the wheel if going over the roads middle or side lines without a directional on, low med. hi....where is "off"?? Or is that a Forscan option?
You just turn it off with the button on the steering wheel.
 
OP
OP
aaexpert

aaexpert

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 30, 2021
Threads
16
Messages
171
Reaction score
91
Location
nh
Vehicles
22 f150 platinum
the truck is only a few days old. I havent used Forscan on it yet and was asking here to see if the cam was changed since my 21 has park assist. Just not sure where the setting(?) is to use the cam vs. the front sensors screen?

Ugh, lane assist button on the steering wheel, thanks.
 

charlesdf22

Well-known member
First Name
Charles
Joined
Apr 26, 2022
Threads
4
Messages
110
Reaction score
70
Location
Raleigh NC
Vehicles
A few Toyota’s and 22 F150 Platinum PB BAP
My dealer told me that this feature stopped working due to one of the forced-delete’s. I’m not sure which one though. I’d be interested if you get it working without adding stuff.
 
OP
OP
aaexpert

aaexpert

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 30, 2021
Threads
16
Messages
171
Reaction score
91
Location
nh
Vehicles
22 f150 platinum
that is what i was thinking... i can press the cam button on the dash, just thought this would be Another thing to add to the 'List' of changes unless somebody can report differently?
 

Sponsored

hotrodmex

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 4, 2022
Threads
2
Messages
1,070
Reaction score
937
Location
Ca
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
the truck is only a few days old. I havent used Forscan on it yet and was asking here to see if the cam was changed since my 21 has park assist. Just not sure where the setting(?) is to use the cam vs. the front sensors screen?
I wasn't saying you had done anything with FORscan, I was saying you could see if the truck is throwing any DTCs. People have had stuff not plugged in and discovered it by the fault codes.

This works on cars without Park Assist as an option, so not sure why it wouldn't work on a truck that was "deleted" to that spec. Lariat gets it but Platinum doesn't? I used mine 3 times today with the camera turning on via the sensors.

Soft reset of the APIM might help?
 

rpold150

Well-known member
First Name
Robert
Joined
May 15, 2022
Threads
5
Messages
480
Reaction score
345
Location
Texas
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum
My 22 platinum does not turn on cameras automatically. I pull into the garage and the proximity sensors go off as I get close, but cameras on only if I hit the button. Would be nice for them to automatically turn on.
 

Snakebitten

Well-known member
First Name
Bruce
Joined
Jun 19, 2021
Threads
5
Messages
11,560
Reaction score
22,964
Location
Coastal Texas
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
My 2022 KingRanch had the Park Assist delete. But it didn't autolaunch the front camera when the proximity sensor triggered the warning.

So yea, I was manually launching the camera when I knew I was going to push the envelope, so to speak.

Then someone here on the forum mentioned a Forscan edit, and I think it was very simple. 1 line?

It solved the problem and I get autolaunch cameras now.

The problem with being such a post hog, is it isn't likely that I could find it easily, but I think someone is sure to see this and suggest the edit.
 

dolsen

Well-known member
First Name
David
Joined
Aug 19, 2022
Threads
20
Messages
2,097
Reaction score
1,938
Location
KY
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
My 2022 KingRanch had the Park Assist delete. But it didn't autolaunch the front camera when the proximity sensor triggered the warning.

So yea, I was manually launching the camera when I knew I was going to push the envelope, so to speak.

Then someone here on the forum mentioned a Forscan edit, and I think it was very simple. 1 line?

It solved the problem and I get autolaunch cameras now.

The problem with being such a post hog, is it isn't likely that I could find it easily, but I think someone is sure to see this and suggest the edit.
I just saw that post yesterday, it was in a thread where a guy was adding 6 front bumper sensors to his 2021 KR. Can’t remember the name though
 

Sponsored


Snakebitten

Well-known member
First Name
Bruce
Joined
Jun 19, 2021
Threads
5
Messages
11,560
Reaction score
22,964
Location
Coastal Texas
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost

Snakebitten

Well-known member
First Name
Bruce
Joined
Jun 19, 2021
Threads
5
Messages
11,560
Reaction score
22,964
Location
Coastal Texas
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
This is specifically what Antho suggested (below)

Keep in mind that I supplied him with my VIN because he was aware that my Park Assist delete truck was somewhat unique in that it arrived with all the visible hardware that wasn't expected for a Park Delete truck.

He cared enough and was generous enough to do the necessary research of my trucks AsBuilt and came to the conclusion that I might only need the one edit.

He was right!

Ford F-150 22 f150 plat. change??  front cam activation Screenshot_20230104-213803_Brav
Sponsored

 
 







Top