Sponsored

Search results

  1. In 4A or 4H does regenerative braking operate on all four wheels?

    My related question about 4A in bad conditions applies to non-PB's as well: does 4A transfer compression braking to the front axle? Obviouly locked in 4H it does. I've seen just in the last two weeks (snow every day, roads not-so-hot) running in 2W, brake a bit and get a downshift from the...
  2. Adding weight to bed for ride quality

    Compared to what? Some of us have been in pickups for 60 years...some not. I have, but still don't think my '25 302A 157" ride is anything special. Acceptable, but not extraordinary.
  3. 3.5 turbo fluttering with woop woop noise

    Mine sounds kinda similar, but at nowhere near peak boost (barely any, frankly) and it only happens a with a steady throttle, neither acel or decel, but always up grade so under some load. Added or reduced throttle will stop it immediately. So if closing or opening the throttle(body) stops it...
  4. 10r80 Transmission 100,000 Mile Service Performed (filter & fluid pics)

    Wasn't so much questioning its accuracy as much as suggesting a reason why a scan tools might be needed. Didn't realize pre-'24's didn't have access to the digital temps from the factory. Kinda gotta believe they'd read the same, can't believe there would be multiple sources for the data. And if...
  5. 10r80 Transmission 100,000 Mile Service Performed (filter & fluid pics)

    Gotcha. Finally, something added to, not deleted from, the '25's LOL! How long a drive gets you 120? I've got a 1500' elevation drop in the first 5 miles of my AM commute then flat going for another 17, before another 1000' climb. It seems to take along time before the trans gets much heat in it...
  6. Engine Temperature During Steep Climbs

    SOP with a diesel: idle until temps drop to an acceptable range after a pull. Turbos get hot. Keeping the fluids (collant & oil) moving until things have cooled a bit is a good idea. I even do this with ATV's, snowmobiles, etc that have no turbos. Thought everyone did.
  7. 10r80 Transmission 100,000 Mile Service Performed (filter & fluid pics)

    On my Septemeber build '25 302A, the trans temp -digital readout, not analog representation - is available in the "measurements" screen in the menu selections on the instrument cluster. Is that not available on earlier versions, or is it just not accurate? I can watch the temp change as I drive...
  8. Comparison Test: Best All-Terrain A/T Tires in Snow & Ice

    Don't disagree about the mud, and maybe this is just a use case, but but the majority of my winter miles are on a snow/ice covered paved or frozen dirt road. I can compensate for mud when it happens, been doing it for 45 years. But I drive 20-25k per year, just sold my '16 with 200K. I know the...
  9. How to get oil pres, charging amps/voltage and engine temp degrees on digital screen?

    My '25 302A includes digital temps for both the coolant and the engine oil with the "analog" LCD gauges. No oil pressure or trans temp. No FORSCAN involved, just the way it was delivered.
  10. 3.5 turbo fluttering with woop woop noise

    Late build '25. I'd presume 2 years after this TSB was issued that it was addressed in production. And its an EB, not PB, so no issue with the deflector from the outset.
  11. 2026 F-150 Ruby Red Metallic - First Looks

    I drove Super Duty in Ruby Red this summer while waiting on an overdue Rapid Red F-150. Its a really nice color, but I decided I prefered the Rapid over the Ruby. Ultimately found a '25 F150 after Ford cancelled my order in October. I've had a red pickup since 1988, and Ruby would have fit the...
  12. 3.5 turbo fluttering with woop woop noise

    Mine ('25, 3.5EB, 9/15 build, 3K) just did this today after reading this thread this AM. 1800 RPM upgrade, neutral throttle (neither accl or decel), revs surging 100 RPM in sync wih the whistel-ly whoop. Soon as I stepped out of it it stopped and I couldn't duplicate right then. Did it again...
  13. Road Trip mileage/mpg results with PowerBoost 2024 F-150 King Ranch 4x4

    18.5 MPG overall average for the first 5 weeks and 3K miles on a '25 3.5EB. This is in Vermont. Been winter fuel and winter weather here for a month. I've seen as high as 21.5 MPG on the 350 mile return trip from picking it up to as low as 16.5 slogging around on mud back roads for a week deer...
  14. issues with removing spare

    I run about a puncture a year, a function at least partially due to my refusal to run poor riding, overweight LT's on gravel roads often surfaced with crushed ledge...and having a heavy foot, and partially from frequenting construction sites at work. Carry an ARB plug kit and Viair compressor at...
  15. Any way to see gears without pressing the + button

    Shut off auto start/stop, hit OK a couple times to acknowledge that I have some of the nanny's turned off (or that sensors/cameras are blocked: we already have winter here), select either Sport or Tow-Haul drive mode, hit the "-" a couple times to lock out upper gears, adjust air distribution on...
  16. Any way to see gears without pressing the + button

    Increasingly, I wish I'd gone with an XL. The "flight check" is a PITA. I just want to drive the damned thing, not "interface" with it.
  17. Comparison Test: Best All-Terrain A/T Tires in Snow & Ice

    Hard to be happy with AT's if you've ever had real winter tires. And easy to get in trouble too...
  18. Ford may not resume production of F-150 Lightning

    Who pays for what subsidies is pretty fuzzy when the gumin't is borrowing a trillon a year to cover 'em. One thing is for sure, its not those paying taxes in THAT year.
  19. Ford may not resume production of F-150 Lightning

    Sure, other counties are making EV's work. But it doesn't seem they're trying to build 7500# truck EV's either. Just sayin'...
  20. Ford may not resume production of F-150 Lightning

    Don't suppose the sunset of the Fed subsidies has anything to do with Ford's decision?




Top