Sponsored

Best DSC settings for Fox 2.5 Factory Elite

hotrodmex

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 4, 2022
Threads
2
Messages
1,070
Reaction score
937
Location
Ca
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
Anybody running these happen to have purchased them from AccuTune to get the initial custom valving, or is everyone just off the shelf?
Sponsored

 

Fox146

Well-known member
First Name
Dana
Joined
Nov 1, 2023
Threads
7
Messages
400
Reaction score
429
Location
Canada
Vehicles
21 limited sold
I considered Accutune but for me it came down to price as my dollar is worth crap. So off the shelf from Summit Racing
 

Fox146

Well-known member
First Name
Dana
Joined
Nov 1, 2023
Threads
7
Messages
400
Reaction score
429
Location
Canada
Vehicles
21 limited sold
Before I contact Fox I was just curious what anyone else’s 2.5 coils looked like before installing. My collar is all the way at the top. I thought these were set for 2 inch lift out of the box. I’ll get it figured out , just wondering if anybody has adjusted them

Ford F-150 Best DSC settings for Fox 2.5 Factory Elite IMG_0575


Ford F-150 Best DSC settings for Fox 2.5 Factory Elite IMG_0574
 

Aliass24

Well-known member
First Name
Rich
Joined
Mar 6, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
123
Reaction score
85
Location
NJ
Vehicles
2024 f150 lariat
Occupation
Fisherman
Before I contact Fox I was just curious what anyone else’s 2.5 coils looked like before installing. My collar is all the way at the top. I thought these were set for 2 inch lift out of the box. I’ll get it figured out , just wondering if anybody has adjusted them

IMG_0575.jpeg


IMG_0574.jpeg
That’s how mine are too, you’re good. They gave me about 2.25” of lift up front.
 

Aliass24

Well-known member
First Name
Rich
Joined
Mar 6, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
123
Reaction score
85
Location
NJ
Vehicles
2024 f150 lariat
Occupation
Fisherman
Before I contact Fox I was just curious what anyone else’s 2.5 coils looked like before installing. My collar is all the way at the top. I thought these were set for 2 inch lift out of the box. I’ll get it figured out , just wondering if anybody has adjusted them

IMG_0575.webp


IMG_0574.webp
Also the length of the coil installed should measure 13.6” between the upper and lower mounts.
 

Sponsored

Fox146

Well-known member
First Name
Dana
Joined
Nov 1, 2023
Threads
7
Messages
400
Reaction score
429
Location
Canada
Vehicles
21 limited sold
Perfect thanks for the info. The website says they are 2” but then some of the info shows 0-2” which threw me for a loop. The new revision also mentions adjusting the preload for powerboost.
 

hotrodmex

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 4, 2022
Threads
2
Messages
1,070
Reaction score
937
Location
Ca
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
@Fox146 Would you be able to get an approximate measurement for the distance from the top hat mounting surface to the centerline of the lower mount?
 

Aliass24

Well-known member
First Name
Rich
Joined
Mar 6, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
123
Reaction score
85
Location
NJ
Vehicles
2024 f150 lariat
Occupation
Fisherman
@Fox146 Would you be able to get an approximate measurement for the distance from the top hat mounting surface to the centerline of the lower mount?
23”3/8 Mine are from accutune with the adventure tune custom valving. I’m currently running the high speed fully open and low speed 4 clicks in and this setup is pretty close to the stock ride but without the floaty boat feel and what I really like is there ability to smooth out the rough patches/pot holes better.
 

Sponsored


hotrodmex

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 4, 2022
Threads
2
Messages
1,070
Reaction score
937
Location
Ca
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
23”3/8 Mine are from accutune with the adventure tune custom valving. I’m currently running the high speed fully open and low speed 4 clicks in and this setup is pretty close to the stock ride but without the floaty boat feel and what I really like is there ability to smooth out the rough patches/pot holes better.
Awesome. That sounds like there is a lot of overhead. I was on the fence about them, but looking at the initial revalve (I'll need my camper weight accounted for), then the free revalve for any reason no time limit, that makes them a really good value at MSRP.
 

Aliass24

Well-known member
First Name
Rich
Joined
Mar 6, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
123
Reaction score
85
Location
NJ
Vehicles
2024 f150 lariat
Occupation
Fisherman
Before I contact Fox I was just curious what anyone else’s 2.5 coils looked like before installing. My collar is all the way at the top. I thought these were set for 2 inch lift out of the box. I’ll get it figured out , just wondering if anybody has adjusted them

IMG_0575.jpeg


IMG_0574.jpeg
Do you have a better or closer pic of the top of the fox 2.5 were the top collar meets the strut, I’ve never adjusted mine but yours looks like they might have less preload then mine and that’s why I’m getting 2.25” of lift. Thanks
 

Fox146

Well-known member
First Name
Dana
Joined
Nov 1, 2023
Threads
7
Messages
400
Reaction score
429
Location
Canada
Vehicles
21 limited sold
Do you have a better or closer pic of the top of the fox 2.5 were the top collar meets the strut, I’ve never adjusted mine but yours looks like they might have less preload then mine and that’s why I’m getting 2.25” of lift. Thanks
That’s the best picture I have I think. my collars are at the top, no threads . This worked for me as I wasn’t looking for max lift
 

Fox146

Well-known member
First Name
Dana
Joined
Nov 1, 2023
Threads
7
Messages
400
Reaction score
429
Location
Canada
Vehicles
21 limited sold
Finally got the fronts installed. Overall not horrible job . The passenger side of a powerboost is a bit of a PITA getting the last nut on top but it’s doable as others here have said. Getting the bottom of the factory strut out takes more effort than I thought as well. My upper control arms didn’t come apart but I was able to find a tool to make it work. The dealer gave me the wrong nuts for those as well so that was a bit of delay. All the nuts are nylock type so you should be putting new ones on as you’re not supposed to reuse them.
Ride wise, I’ve left them at setting “3” so far but have only driven it once last night so may play a bit yet. Rides better than the stock that’s for sure, less bouncy , more controlled, firm not hard.

Ford F-150 Best DSC settings for Fox 2.5 Factory Elite IMG_0580


Ford F-150 Best DSC settings for Fox 2.5 Factory Elite IMG_0579


Ford F-150 Best DSC settings for Fox 2.5 Factory Elite IMG_0577


Ford F-150 Best DSC settings for Fox 2.5 Factory Elite IMG_0578
Sponsored

 
 







Top