Sponsored

Truck covers..opinions, recommendations

fog53

Active member
First Name
ronald
Joined
Mar 9, 2024
Threads
2
Messages
25
Reaction score
27
Location
Lakeland, FL
Vehicles
2023 F150
Occupation
retired
I live in Florida and my truck is parked outside year round. I've been thinking of getting a cover for it tot help protect from the sun, falling leaves and the spring pollen from the oak trees. Any opinions on which brand holds up the best? I've only looked at two "name brands"; Weather Tech and Seal Skin. Big difference in price, both with positive and negative reviews.
Sponsored

 

jkind

Active member
Joined
Aug 27, 2025
Threads
5
Messages
36
Reaction score
27
Location
SE USA
Vehicles
2025 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retired Army
I used the Covercraft 5-layer cover on my 2014 for 11 years and it worked great. I now have the newer version on my 2025. A bit expensive, $398, but then again so was the truck.

5-Layer Softback All Climate Custom Car Cover

Beware of their cover Ultra'tect® Custom Car Cover, the one I had on my Honda Accord rubbed the paint off the shark fin antenna - Ultra'tect® Custom Car Cover I certainly will not buy another one of these covers or recommend them.
 

513Mugsy

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 20, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
101
Reaction score
106
Location
Cincy
Vehicles
24 F150 RCSB
I have a seal skin cover for my other car. It sits a lot and the cover works well. Top of the line model has a really soft covering inside. Even so, I still place flannel sheets over the car before I put on the cover.

But with you being in Florida. I might be looking at a vinyl carport, with large ground stakes. The ends have zippers for coming and going. This way nothing touches the truck, and nothing but the zippers to mess with. Something like this but longer for your truck...

https://www.amazon.com/KING-BIRD-Anti-Snow-Furniture-Mower-Dark/dp/B0C997QT3D
Sponsored

 
 







Top