Sponsored

Long Tube Headers 5.0L V8?

diambo4life

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 31, 2021
Threads
9
Messages
959
Reaction score
1,078
Location
OKC
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Screw 4x4
Occupation
Assassin
those 2 companies that make them, are extremely cost effective.
there must be a catch behind either or though right..?
Most F150 guys seem to use the 2M. The price is very attractive but, be forewarned that the customer service is atrocious. Most have not complained about the quality too much, however. It's suspected they are Chinese sourced and not built in Idaho as stated on that site. Expect the clamps not to seal well so, if possible, have the ypipe pieces welded. You will need to have some welding done to the flange at the catback end anyway as the 21+ trucks flange is reversed from the 20 and earlier trucks so it's not exactly "bolt on."

Yes...the prices for those Kooks is embarassingly high.
Sponsored

 
Last edited:

brfertig

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 13, 2024
Threads
10
Messages
163
Reaction score
224
Location
United States
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 5.0 4X4 ELocker Fox Racing w/295's
Occupation
Med Tech Business Development
Besides being an awesome conversation piece. Headers on our trucks are really not a major performance upgrade. These trucks were built with such good parts from the factory you wont see major gains from any of the normal intake or exhaust mods. The limiting factors (limfac) on our trucks are the heads/valve lift, they quit breathing naturally aspirated at about 6K RPM according to OZ Tuning.

You can strap a blower on pump gas on our engines and make 700HP (800 with tune) for the cost of headers, exhaust, intakes and a programmer. Slap on the Roush and be done with it. 8K dollars to double your horsepower with a tune is unheard of. Compare that to a set of headers that may give you 10 HP.
 

JExpedition07

Well-known member
First Name
James
Joined
Feb 14, 2023
Threads
68
Messages
2,126
Reaction score
3,664
Location
Buffalo NY
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
Besides being an awesome conversation piece. Headers on our trucks are really not a major performance upgrade. These trucks were built with such good parts from the factory you wont see major gains from any of the normal intake or exhaust mods. The limiting factors (limfac) on our trucks are the heads/valve lift, they quit breathing naturally aspirated at about 6K RPM according to OZ Tuning.

You can strap a blower on pump gas on our engines and make 700HP (800 with tune) for the cost of headers, exhaust, intakes and a programmer. Slap on the Roush and be done with it. 8K dollars to double your horsepower with a tune is unheard of. Compare that to a set of headers that may give you 10 HP.
Good tune with an intake manifold and exhaust nets pretty damn good gains on the 5.0L. You can build a 500 HP N/A 5.0L with mostly bolt ons.

Many naturally aspirated guys running 12’s consistently with this motor in crew cabs.
 
Last edited:

JExpedition07

Well-known member
First Name
James
Joined
Feb 14, 2023
Threads
68
Messages
2,126
Reaction score
3,664
Location
Buffalo NY
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
Someone can correct me if I’m wrong but my research has told me you want to stick with cast iron if you tow, so I wrote stainless headers off as a no-go as I tow my boat quite a bit and didn’t want to deal with warping.
 

brfertig

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 13, 2024
Threads
10
Messages
163
Reaction score
224
Location
United States
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 5.0 4X4 ELocker Fox Racing w/295's
Occupation
Med Tech Business Development
Good tune with an intake manifold and exhaust nets pretty damn good gains on the 5.0L. You can build a 500 HP N/A 5.0L with mostly bolt ons.

Many naturally aspirated guys running 12’s consistently with this motor in crew cabs.
Oh I totally agree but

headers 2500
Exhaust 1500
Tune OZ 800
Intake 400
If I am getting into the 5200 + install range I am going to go supercharger. NA is awesome but cost prohibitive power-per-dollar.
 

brfertig

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 13, 2024
Threads
10
Messages
163
Reaction score
224
Location
United States
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 5.0 4X4 ELocker Fox Racing w/295's
Occupation
Med Tech Business Development
Someone can correct me if I’m wrong but my research has told me you want to stick with cast iron if you tow, so I wrote stainless headers off as a no-go as I tow my boat quite a bit and didn’t want to deal with warping.
I didnt buy my truck to modify but to be my workhorse. I have other projects for that. Glad I read this though. I am getting a travel trailer, and this will be doing weekend duty for that. Good to know.
Sponsored

 
 







Top