Sponsored

Building for off roading

00Dan

Member
First Name
Daniel
Joined
Oct 11, 2023
Threads
4
Messages
19
Reaction score
3
Location
MS
Vehicles
2021 XLT Powerboost
I’ve got a ’21 XLT Powerboost (non-FX4) and some friends have invited me to go off-roading. It’ll be in the NM desert for reference. My truck is a stock 4x4 and I have never gone off roading before. Any mods that would be required? My completely uneducated guess would be skid plates and maybe suspension components, but again I’m completely new to this world.
Sponsored

 

JBrochacho

Active member
First Name
John
Joined
Jul 1, 2023
Threads
0
Messages
42
Reaction score
20
Location
Idaho
Vehicles
'21 Lariat FX4
Occupation
Full-time student, Army vet
I’ve got a ’21 XLT Powerboost (non-FX4) and some friends have invited me to go off-roading. It’ll be in the NM desert for reference. My truck is a stock 4x4 and I have never gone off roading before. Any mods that would be required? My completely uneducated guess would be skid plates and maybe suspension components, but again I’m completely new to this world.
Well, first I'd get some intel on the difficulty of the trails or some typical obstacles you're likely to face. It'd be silly to pimp out a truck for thousands of dollars for just glorified dirt roads. Bare minimum: recovery gear and appropriate tires.

Next can be improving ground clearance, approach and/or departure angles, articulation, and protecting body and critical components.
 
 







Top