Sponsored

BCM harness clip broke - HELP!

srr0d88

New member
First Name
Stephen
Joined
Apr 6, 2021
Threads
2
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
South Florida
Vehicles
Lariat PB
Not sure if this is the correct section to post this, if not please let me know and I will post where appropriate!

I need some guidance as to how to go about removing what looks like the C2280c connector in the BCM on my ‘23 lariat. I was installing the Z-Flasher module and the connector of the module got stuck and while trying to remove it the clip broke. (See picture below).

I am trying to remove it to place back the OEM connector and it is stuck. I feel like it is making some contact because my lights are on but I’m also getting error messages on the dash that the state of charge in the battery is low and to check the brake system. My parking brake is indicated on the dash like it’s always engaged but it isn’t actually engaged. I can turn the parking brake on and off.

Any ideas on how to remove this? Any insight would be much appreciated thanks!

Ford F-150 BCM harness clip broke - HELP! IMG_3892
Sponsored

 

SALEEN961

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 1, 2023
Threads
12
Messages
653
Reaction score
876
Location
Radnor, PA
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A
Occupation
Automotive Technician
I would use a small pick to try to rotate what is left of the white plastic latch towards the back of the truck while you wiggle the black plug. You will have to alternate from one side the other and it will probably be very slow progress.

If the other end of the z-flasher harness is easy to unhook and get inside the cab of the truck, it might be worth removing the entire BCM so you can work on it more comfortably and with better visibility. If it really fights, you might be able to separate the case on the BCM and work on the white latch from the inside. I haven't had to open up one of these BCMs yet, but most of the cases just snap together.
 

Joe L.

New member
Joined
Jan 21, 2025
Threads
0
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
mass
Vehicles
2021 f150
Occupation
lineman
Any updates on this?
I have the same issue need to get a broken Z flash connector out of my BCM thanks
Sponsored

 
 







Top