Sponsored

BAP Double Exhaust vs. Borla S-Type on 3.5 EB

FJay150

Well-known member
First Name
Jay
Joined
Jan 16, 2023
Threads
6
Messages
46
Reaction score
31
Location
Maryland
Vehicles
2022 3.5 EB
Has anyone switched from the stock BAP double exhaust to aftermarket options? How is compared to the Borla S-Type?
BAP one sure sounds great, but thinking maybe is anything better out there but nothing like Borla Attack.
Thank you.

Ford F-150 BAP Double Exhaust vs. Borla S-Type on 3.5 EB 20230528_195135
Sponsored

 

9663mu

Well-known member
First Name
Chad
Joined
Mar 16, 2021
Threads
46
Messages
928
Reaction score
929
Location
Agoura Hills , Ca
Vehicles
2024 Powerboost 157
I would imagine the BAP mufflers are same as any model F150 . Maybe the sound might be a tad different just because of the dual set up but i don't think there is much sound difference.
 

ChemGuy

Well-known member
First Name
Cole
Joined
Dec 9, 2022
Threads
8
Messages
136
Reaction score
150
Location
Wisconsin
Vehicles
2021 XLT Sport 5.0
Occupation
Chemical Reactor Operator
Wouldn't recommend any aftermarket exhaust setup for any of the eco's. They're very loud and raspy, like you'd expect out of a V6. My brother took the resonator out of his 3.5 eco and left the stock muffler in place, didn't change it much but gave a little more tone. That's about as far as I'd go unless you're going deep down the mod rabbit hole and aren't concerned with the noise it makes lol.
 
OP
OP
FJay150

FJay150

Well-known member
First Name
Jay
Joined
Jan 16, 2023
Threads
6
Messages
46
Reaction score
31
Location
Maryland
Vehicles
2022 3.5 EB
BAP stock actually sounds pretty nice. I definitely don't want anything loud. Saw a couple of videos, and people seem to like those S-types. Im entertaining ideas to cut off the resonator.
 

TexasTruck

Well-known member
First Name
Scott
Joined
Oct 16, 2022
Threads
44
Messages
904
Reaction score
747
Location
Texas
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
I’m pretty sure that Borla doesn’t make (yet) a dual exhaust for models that have factory cut out bumpers (Tremor/Rattler/etc). I’ve been researching it myself but for a 5.0. Corsa does and maybe MBRP and Magnaflow do now.

If you do decide to go aftermarket I’ll buy your OEM system :)
 
Last edited:

Sponsored

vlance

Member
First Name
Lance
Joined
Jan 26, 2022
Threads
1
Messages
7
Reaction score
1
Location
So Cal
Vehicles
2013 F-150 FX2, waiting on 2022 FX4
Occupation
scenic painter
Wouldn't recommend any aftermarket exhaust setup for any of the eco's. They're very loud and raspy, like you'd expect out of a V6. My brother took the resonator out of his 3.5 eco and left the stock muffler in place, didn't change it much but gave a little more tone. That's about as far as I'd go unless you're going deep down the mod rabbit hole and aren't concerned with the noise it makes lol.
That's how I roll..
 
 







Top